View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 01:25 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I'd be interested to see the difference in experience, hours worked/content created, and traffic/views given to the content between those being paid differently.

That said, Carrie is probably too clever to fall for the "all women are paid less for equal work" thing thrown around, and the media is probably one of the few places it actually happens.

But you just know that some will be like "SEE! The pay gap is real!!111"
In terms of hours worked, there's this from the article...

"Last year, a report published by the BBC found there was a 10.7% gender pay gap in favour of men when the mean average hourly pay rates were compared."

There could be a lot of factors though tbf and I haven't read that actual report. But this does sort of suggest the BBC acknowledges a pay gap?...

Director general Lord Hall pledged to close the gap by 2020, saying the corporation should be "an exemplar of what can be achieved when it comes to pay, fairness, gender and representation".

I don't think she's suggesting that all women are paid less than men for the same work or taking it to the extreme, but from her letter she does seem to think a pay gap exists.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote