0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by T* View Post
‘Mum can I have a glass of wat-‘
‘TRANSEXUALS’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
It’s great how kids aren’t really taught gender stereotypes nowadays in such an aggressive format as they were before, and the difference between what i was taught and observing teaching when i’m at work is really quite something.

i remember being told at primary school that “blue is for boys and pink is for girls.” In addition to this, the word “gay” was banned, no matter what context it was used in. I’m 25, so this is probably going back around 2000-2002, which is actually quite a long time ago thinking about it.

not too long ago, the school had an assembly where a female firefighter, a male nurse and a policewoman came in to try and tackle gender stereotypes in the workplace and I think it worked. I would also say that I am also an example of fighting gender stereotypes in the workplace to an extent because previously, male primary school teachers/teaching assistants were almost unheard of, whereas there are increasingly more and more men taking on the job, which I think is fantastic. I was never taught by a man until secondary school, but I think that equality is so important
I think gender stereotypes are worse today than when I was a kid actually. Even ****ing kider eggs are 'gendered' . Pink princess ones for girls, blue monster/superhero ones for boys. My kids get both tbh, and my husband whinges a bit when I bring my son in with the princess ones (though oddly enough doesn't really say anything when I get my daughter the blue one)..and when I let him put my daughters Elsa dress on and that..but I reckon, kids are ****ing kids. Kids like dress up. Boys like pretty things and sometimes girls like to get dirty. If my boy wants to wear a princess dres, whats the bloody harm
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote