View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 07:27 PM #22
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
I don't think they'll do the axe and then revive it thing, or plan to rest it. I think they'll just keep going with it until it's no longer profitable for them.

The problem I see with the idea of resting it is that a lot of people who used to watch BB just don't care about it anymore, and haven't in probably about a decade. I don't really see why it going away and coming back again would make it more appealing to them since as far as they're concerned it already went away, whenever it was they stopped watching... resting it would only really be appealing to people like us who still watch it but feel it's getting tired, surely? I suppose they could go all out with marketing it as a huge comeback but I just don't see that as being too impactful unless it was off air for a good few years, and I don't think they really care enough about the franchise itself to lose a few years worth of revenue on the off chance that a comeback might boost ratings
Exactly. Even when C5 re-launched it, the ratings were roughly the same as they were during the last year on C4. Granted, it had been less than a year since they'd gotten rid of it, but still. If they were to rest it and bring it back, the only people that would be interested in the revival are more or less the people that are still watching it now.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote