View Single Post
Old 25-01-2018, 04:56 PM #3
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Surely all, or nearly all people think this way?! I know people say they don't, but I cannot actually believe it. If there was personal gain, and there were no chance of consequences than I would absolutely do bad things tbh..
Well, I don't think it's no chance of consequences at all, just no chance of consequences that will personally affect the perpetrator. Obviously it will affect someone. If it doesn't affect anyone then it can't really be described as "a bad thing".

I guess the answer for me is... It depends on who will be affected, and it depends how badly someone will be affected relative to the personal gain. Like in a "know you'll get away with it" sense I very much doubt that many people would steal £10 knowing that the consequence would be a random person dying. On the other hand, if someone could steal £50k (no risk of getting caught) and the consequence was a large corporation having to make an insurance claim... I think the majority of people (at least those on average incomes) would probably do it.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote