CBB21: India Willoughby
BB17: Jayne
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
BB17: Jayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
I agree that the rates of sexual abuse against women being higher isn't necessarily a feminist issue (it's an issue... just not a feminist one). I think it often gets treated as one because women make up the majority of victims but I think that's better explained by sexuality rather than sexism or attitudes, as in most abusers are men and most men are straight. If the sexuality of abusers was 50/50 gay/straight then I think the rates of sexual abuse between men and women would also be equal but that's not reality (and nothing to do with sexism). So the real question is why are men more likely to be sexual abusers and I think nature probably plays a big part in that (although I don't really know enough about it tbh).
Honestly it may have something to do with nature, definitely not totally unplausible. I’d like to think that most people in the first world surpress natural urges when it’s at the expense at another person tho however.

And tbh sexual abuse and rape is a bit of a grey area. A lot of people that have been abused, both men and women, don’t speak up about it in fear of being ridiculed or being seen as less of a person. Rape is also a difficult crime to prove. If there are no noticeable scars or anything. Two people can claim rape, one genuine the other not, both have no physical harm to prove it so how do you distinguish if they’re legitimate? I think in this case for a lot of cases involving women abuse people get accused of victim blaming if they don’t believe the victim ykno so this can lead to a lot of false accusations. Again it’s all a bit of a grey area so liek ykno

Last edited by Lilac hills; 26-01-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Lilac hills is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote