View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 02:42 PM #35
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
If what Vicky is says is correct though, they're not allowing any proper research into whether or not having the operation actually reduces suicide rates amongst Transgenders (That is what you've said before Vicky, right?) I wonder what the logic behind that is, it's certainly not the way to tackle the problem amongst this group of people
Near all research into the whole thing is blocked. Theres a guy having to crowdfund to do research into detransitioners because the University blocked what he was wanting to do because it would be 'politically incorrect'. There does not seem to be many (if any) recent long term followups of these people. When of course there should be.

Media reporting and such is really really detrimental. If you tell a group of people they have a 50% chance of attempting suicide repeatedly, it does get into their heads and make matters worse and is likely to actually raise the suicide rates of the group involved. Hence the samaritans guidelines on media reporting of suicides.

(The suicide rate rising after surgery though, seems to be based on older studies. As no recent ones have been done. I did not know this until someone posted a link about it yesterday as the only study I have ever read did show that long term, surgery really does not help)

With more and more people identifying as trans, research really really needs to be done into it. Especially when so many kids are saying they are the opposite sex too. Honestly, the kids saying they are trans really strikes me as...its trendy right now. Like when I was at school everyone was 'bi' as thats just what was the trend at the time (not saying sexuality is a choice, but I am sure people will understand what is meant here) and before that it was everyone was a punk, or whatever. Those were harmless 'trends' though, where this trans thing is not harmless as if medicated it can effect you for the rest of your life.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 02-02-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote