View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 12:35 AM #21

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

At the start of the series I doubted Ann would last very long at all, given her unfashionable views in today's climate, so I'm actually delighted that she reached the status of runner up! I personally am very much for equality for gays, transgenders etc etc, most of us quite rightly are these days, but I think true equality means exactly that - equality for everyone and no pushing opinions down peoples throats in an aggressive way. That also goes for the freedom to express traditional Christian beliefs like Ann's views of marriage between a man and a woman that she adheres to. It isn't wrong to be what you are born to be; straight, homosexual and all in between and beyond; it isn't wrong to have Christian beliefs; life is quite often hard and we all have to get through it as best we can with whatever works for us.

Surely there is room for all of us and our different views? True equality is the acceptance of the views of others (as long as hatred isn't at the heart of those views), respecting those views and having a mutual understanding that the old saying 'different strokes for different folks' is needed as human beings are complex and fascinating -and would we really want it any other way? Life would be pretty dull if we all marched to the same tune and our differences is what makes life colourful and exciting and challenging!

Where would we be without feeling we have obstacles to overcome and better things to strive for or uphold no matter what side you are on or what views you hold on the whole glorious but often frustrating spectrum of human experience?

Last edited by jet; 03-02-2018 at 09:15 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote