View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 02:51 PM #7
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
There is a good argument to be made that some criminal behavior can be linked to irrationality/bad control of emotions... and this is definitely true with many of the people my husband has worked with. He's deescalated many an issue simply by slowing them down and getting them calmed down long enough to talk them through how they are feeling until they talk themselves through and realize what they are doing is utterly irrational. Some even goes as far as to talk about the crimes they've committed, their own realization of how stupid/wrong it was, but they have issues with self-control...

I've told him I think most of the people (the small fry particularly) belong in a mental health/study program of some kind. If not to correct/rehabilitate, to study their behavior and improve our understanding of how these developmental/mental issues have an impact in general society.
Very true, and then there just the simple fact that a lot of crime / violent crime is linked to drug use... And the people who are MOST likely to become addicts are those who have poor emotional control, depression, anxiety disorders, etc.

People who are emotionally "flatter" are far less likely to become involved in drug use, and less likely to form a habit in general. Self medication for emotional problems is a huge issue.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote