View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 03:03 PM #14
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
A lot probably think that the challenge is just that it doesn't taste good. Not that they contain harmful and corrosive substances that could cause major damage to their stomachs. They get the idea that loads of people are doing it and assume that it can't be all that dangerous.

I'm not saying that doing it isn't completely and utterly daft - I'm just taking objection to the idea that a silly 10 or 11 year old deserves to permanently damage themselves or die "for the sake of the gene pool". I mean really.

Yes an adult doing this would be totally on them, but any young person doing something stupid and accidentally harming themself or even killing themself is nothing short of a tragedy. I really can't understand any mindset that would dictate otherwise.

[edited to add] I have hammered home how harmful this is to my daughter. She's 8, she's easily one of the brightest kids in her class, she's quite "grown up" for her age in many ways... And yeah I have felt the need to make the consequences of doing something like this very clear, because I can TOTALLY see her being daft enough to do it if "her friends did it" and she thought it would be just like getting soap in your mouth.
I agree with this. I find the 'darwin award' and such thats usually posted with stuff like this really distasteful when talking about very young kids.

My stepdaughters friends were all doing some challenge that could actually leave them with 3rd degree burns..But they didn't actually realise how dangerous it was..as they were only like 11 at the time. They thought they may get a little scab or something.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...juries-9575751

That was it^

I had warned her against it, as I had seen the stories so luckily she did not take part. She did try to tell her friends but they just wrote her off as a 'chicken'

To adults its obviously mental and dangerous. But kids just don't see it that way.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 07-02-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote