View Single Post
Old 22-02-2018, 11:16 AM #32
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
MY fiance is from Texas, as some of you know... He doesn't think that the gun laws will ever be changed because it would be a virtually impossible task, and even if it was possible, would probably cause civil unrest. Arming teachers and bolting doors will teach everyone that the state cannot protect you from the bad guys, so you'll have to live in a state of lock-down. What a sad state of affairs...
It seems to be going that way already though... a lot of states do these "armed attack drills", where they sound an alarm and everyone has "roles" assigned like where they're supposed to go and designated people to barricade doors. I mean WTF is that?? How utterly terrifying to have that as part of what constitutes a normal school routine. What a messed up learning environment .

I read a story earlier, some mum on facebook being "so proud" of her son because he had volunteered to be one of those who barricades the door at school, saying that "He would rather get killed saving his friends than live knowing that any of them had died". Which is a great attitude to have, and technically yes something to be proud of... except that a ten year old kid shouldn't even be having to think about those sorts of things!
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote