View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 11:53 AM #24
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Westworld: I feel whoever I say here is going to prompt an essay from Lostie so I'll just bark the word 'Armistice' and run away (even though I think I love her?)
tbf Armistice was pretty minor for someone in the main cast but how DARE anyone say she's more pointless than Lee Effing Sizemore

Other big ones for me:

Daryl, The Walking Dead (sorry Daryl stans, he's been a glorified spare part hanging around for fanservice since season 4)

Tara, The Walking Dead (she was actually interesting when she joined but that feels like a century ago, Lord knows why she's deemed a main character and how she's survived this long.)

Deacon, 12 Monkeys (why on earth is he in the main cast yet Olivia isn't when she's 10000000 times more important?? But they actually referenced his apparent pointlessness in-show last season so I think it's intentional and he'll be significant to the endgame next season

Monty, The 100 (he's been part of the main cast for 4 seasons and I'm yet to see a reason why)

Will Scarlet, Once Upon a Time (he was a **** character in the spinoff but at least had a story and to pander to fanservice they brought him into the main show because he was for some reason popular and then... he did absolutely nothing and vanished when they realised they had nothing to do with the character. A bloody FIASCO!)

Also have to unfortunately agree with the suggestions of Ilana, Charlotte and Nikki & Paulo and Miles from Lost even though I loved them all. The first 4 only ended up pointless because they were bloody killed off too quickly. (although Charlotte's death was the catalyst for Daniel's crusade to change the past so she wasn't entirely pointless, but if being dead is your most important role in the story...), I'd add Frank too, his whole purpose was flying people places (which in itself was important for the story but he as a character was completely insignificant, he was just a function)

Last edited by Lostie!; 07-03-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote