Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
I came to London twenty years ago as well. I walked straight into a job and so did my husband. We've done okay so I'm not going to complain about my personal circumstances.

Not everyone is as fortunate as us. If you have a qualification and you can earn more than the living wage; if you have enough money for a mortgage or a stable place to live and if you have a secure job, then London can be a fabulous place to live. If on the other hand you work a zero hour contract and can only afford to rent a grubby flat in Stockwell or Harlesden, then life in London isn't going to be easy or fun.

We can't say that because we did okay, everyone else has the same opportunity... they don't
With all due respect there are as many job opportunities in London now as there every were, there are still jobs where you work on a contract, you can get lots of government which wasn't available 20 years ago to buy a property, help to buy isa, shared ownership, etc, not every rented flat is grubby, yes things have changed and you might not be able to own your property outright to begin with, but eventually you will get there and you have to roll with the times and appreciate the positives, like low interest rates, alot of people will also benefit from inheritances which really didn't happen in the past. You say not every one is as fortunate is you, maybe not, but then maybe not everyone has the same aspirations or drive or desire to do okay... it takes all sorts and you can't pidgeon hole everyone into neat boxes

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 15-03-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote