View Single Post
Old 18-03-2018, 05:52 AM #94
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I don’t always agree with Vicky on ‘transsexual topics’ but I do understand her concerns and fears...and her concerns and fears are quite consistent, I feel...there is no inconsistency in them...many seem to come from personal experiences which sadly have been quite negative...which makes them more understandable...so something which is good to express and create openings for discussion...Niamh also understands her concerns and fears, I feel...so is very open to discussion also....

...just specific to the topic and Paris Lees...I’ve just googled her because I wasn’t familiar with her ‘story’...

While in prison Lees decided to change: "I just thought, 'I'm this silly teenage boy in a prison cell who has made a huge mistake and I want to be this happy person'

...so she identified herself as a ‘boy’ with that statement...(..there may be many other statements also, I don’t know..)...but she’s relating aspects of her life...which is basically what Anne did in the ‘debate’ on The Wright Show...saying ‘you where a boy’, so you have understanding of ‘boys clubs’...Paris would have understandings in some aspects of her life from the perspective of ‘male’, which was what Anne was inferring...and Paris is relating one of those very perspectives of her time in prison..?...

...it’s often said about ‘male priveledge’...and I do struggle a bit with that I have to say....just because I don’t feel anyone who has felt ‘incorrectly gendered’ through their lives...would never have felt a sense of ‘priveledge’ to be their society recognised gender through that time in their lives...to be priveledged, you would have to ‘feel’ that priveledge...and to me...that would feel impossible..so the comparisons can’t be made or are hard to be made in the same way with males who do feel completely correctly gendered....because that person has never felt any ‘priveledge’...all they’ve felt is unhappiness and a sense of ‘not fitting’ ...obviously this is just male to female specifically because of the topic of discussion being Anne and Paris...but I do also feel it’s relevant in many discussions to discuss a ‘whole story’ of someone’s life because of the individuality of life stories ..and how specifics have relevance’s to experiences which form opinions and stances etc...as Paris herself has obviously spoken about her specific experiences...obviously how Anne addressed it, didn’t lend to any ‘discussion’ or debate, in her directness and tactlessness...but because if her own ‘story’ of her Aspergers, it’s difficult to say whether her comment was ‘deliberate’ and intended to ‘shut down’....which makes for the interest of this news story also...

Last edited by Ammi; 18-03-2018 at 06:37 AM.