View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 07:08 PM #532

The funny thing is, this thread is about showing empathy and respect to other faiths; something you think Corbyn isn't doing. Yet the lack of empathy and respect for Muslims on here is an entirely different kettle of fish. That religion has been demonized on here again and again (add tedium) and I'm not just talking about the hijab or males repressing females or terrorism I'm talking about the persecution of the religion itself.

Its interesting what you find when you look back though old threads. The same people today are saying the opposite about freedom of speech re- religion.

Quote:
Seventy-eight percent support punishment for the people who earlier this year published cartoons featuring the Prophet Mohammed. Sixty-eight percent support the arrest and prosecution of those British people who "insult Islam." When asked if free speech should be protected, even if it offends religious groups, 62 percent of British Muslims say No, it should not.
Talk about closing mosques got this reply
Quote:
Turn them into fecking Bingo halls and save a few Christian places of worship from that fate.
and this
Quote:
Our press freedoms and freedom of speech are part of our democracy and as such we have the right to poke fun or satirise ALL religious icons including Mohammed.
Quote:
Kick them all out.
Seriously, kick them all out.
Quote:
Islam is simply one religion among many and has no right to special consideration. All religions are open to ridicule - no exceptions for Islam.
You can't have one rule for one religion and a different for another. You can't say its okay to make jest or speak badly of one faith whilst defending another faith. But on here you clearly can and for that reason I can only conclude that this has much more to do with getting rid of Corbyn and using trumped up ridiculus accusations to do it, it is a Poundland Dodgy Dossier and those willing to bring anti-Semitism in to do this are doing so dishonestly.

Bearing false witness is the 9th Commandment and it is punishable by death in the Mosaic Law.