View Single Post
Old 15-04-2018, 09:02 AM #669
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I agree Brillo but only with the caveat that I think both of the things you mention are across the board; there is sexism against women AND men on here, and there is ageism against the old AND the young. And none of it is taken very seriously, although sexism against females is taken the most seriously (Truth's permanent ban is evidence of that).

Taking the trans issue as an example; the main reason it irks me so much isn't really any transphobia or trans rights issue. It's the fact that the entire discussion is infused with misandry and outright androphobia. It took some self reflection to realise that.
Probably - but I do feel that negative comments on men and the young tend to be reactionary. It is a natural response - if you constantly observe the young making ageist comments you will respond with negative comments relating to their youth and inexperience.

The same with men - when you see so much rampant sexism towards women on here people will sometimes respond with like. I am not saying it is ok just that I can understand the psychology behind it as I have done it myself. Sexism on here is better than it used to be but it still occurs too often - all the more frustrating when so many on here are obsessed with racism and transphobia. I don’t feel there is a real fear or hatred of the majority of men, other than the blatant sexist ones and predators out there, with seemingly many of them opportunistic - but most negative responses are a reaction to historical and current attitudes towards women by seemingly many men.

What equally annoys me is that the moderation is often as such that if someone responds to a sexist comment with an equally derogatory comment it often appears that they are the ones that get infracted/banned when the person that started it doesn’t.

Of course the mods will deny this but as it is such a closed and secretative system it is open to abuse by less scrupulous and biased mods. If they can publicly list who has been banned and for how long why can they not say for what. Infractions are even more secretive and any discrepancy almost impossible to prove.

Last edited by Brillopad; 15-04-2018 at 09:13 AM.