Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

The live Birmingham insert in the closing ceremony was really cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Something to behold.
Amazing.

Did you see poor Callum Hawkins collapse towards the end of the marathon?
I was near to tears watching him weaving across the road after suffering with heatstroke.
Yeah that was very distressing to watch

Found it really disgusting how the best people nearby could do was get their phones out to record it all what kind of society have we created?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperV View Post
Just went to Closing ceremony and it was really good. Overall the games have been brilliant. Security was extreme but quick and easy, the venues were clean and nice but the seats in the temporary venues were so bad. The GC was dead quiet all games and made traffic minimal.

Also Dami Im’s peformance at Closing was incredible. Her Big note at the end was just perfect. I’ve never gotten emotional at a singer but tonight was the first this has happened. Many Aussies are pissed off that athletes enterance wasn’t broadcasted and the closing was a massive fail. Yes it had major flaws in the show but overall the performances were brilliant.

Good luck Birmingham for 2022. Your welcome video was cute but didn’t understand anything anyone was saying. It was like you were talking in a different language.

It’s 1am so good night.
Glad you had a good time! The closing ceremony was okay but I personally thought the opening ceremony was the best of any Olympics/Paralympics/Commonwealths since London 2012
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote