Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Trump ‘fox & friends’ interview: 5 jaw-dropping moments from wild fox news call-in

Quote:
President donald trump called into his favorite television show thursday morning, and, while the questions weren’t exactly tough, many of his answers on fox & friends made immediate headlines. For those who missed it, here are the most noteworthy moments.

Trump confirms cohen represented him in stormy daniels deal

both trump and his personal lawyer michael cohen have previously denied that the president had any knowledge of a $130,000 payment cohen has admitted to making to adult film star stormy daniels, real name stephanie clifford, just weeks before the 2016 election. The payment was made as part of a non-disclosure agreement to silence daniels’s allegations that she had an affair with trump in 2006. Trump, though, changed his tune thursday on what he knew about the arrangement.

“michael would represent me, and represent me on some things. He represents me, like with this crazy stormy daniels deal, he represented me,” trump said. “and you know from what i see, he did absolutely nothing wrong.”

trump admits he did stay overnight in moscow

reports in recent days have countered the claim james comey said trump made to him that the president did not stay overnight in moscow during a now infamous trip for the 2013 miss universe pageant. The trip is at the heart of allegations made in a dossier compiled by former british intelligence agent christopher steele concerning a salacious incident involving trump and russian prostitutes. Trump has now said that he did stay overnight and that he never told comey otherwise.

“of course i stayed there,” he told fox & friends. “i stayed there a very short period of time, but of course i stayed. Well, his memos said, ‘i left immediately’—i never said that.”

trump thinks he knows why kanye west is praising him

one of the strangest episodes of an already strange 2018 has been rapper kanye west’s effusive praise of trump on social media in recent days. Trump has shared the love right back and on thursday claimed to know why west had become such a big fan.

“kanye looks and he sees black unemployment at the lowest it’s been in the history of our country,” he said. “he sees hispanic unemployment at the lowest it’s been in this history of our country. He sees, by the way, female unemployment, women unemployment, the lowest it’s been in now almost 19 years. He sees that stuff and he’s smart and he says, ‘you know what, trump is doing a much better job than the democrats did.”

trump threatens to interfere with the justice department

trump expressing frustration with his own justice department, and attorney general jeff sessions, in particular, is nothing new, but on thursday he suggested that he may seek to directly interfere with its operations, eradicating the barrier that is supposed to exist.

“you look at the corruption at the top of the fbi, it’s a disgrace!” he said. “and our justice department—which i try and stay away from, but at some point i won’t—our justice department should be looking at that kind of stuff, not the nonsense of collusion with russia!”

he’s not the greatest gift-giver

the president began the interview by stating that he chose thursday to go on fox & friends because it was his wife’s birthday. Other than a shout-out on television, though, trump’s gifts to first lady melania were limited.

“i better not get into that because i may get in trouble," trump said when asked what he got his wife for her birthday. "maybe i didn’t get her so much. I got her a beautiful card, you know i'm very busy to be running out looking for presents. I got her a beautiful card and some beautiful flowers.”

Source - Newsweek

So he didn't even get poor Melania a present.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote