BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
Ooo no! Think Ann was vile! But Shane/Courtney wasn’t an angel, IMO. Came across as sneaky to me, and the things he said sounded more profound thsn they actually were. Like those slogans people post on Instagram. Think he’s just a gay guy riding the gender fluid thing. I liked India annd Wayne.
India, I liked in a Lindsay Lohan train-wrecky sort of way, but definitely not a fan of India the person. Ann I did not mind... she was a woman of her time, but I thought it was hilarious how much she literally didn't give two sh**s what other people thought of her and her true beliefs. A true rebel

Courtney and India were definitely a farce, but again--India was a trainwreck, so not necessarily "in" on our what her own farce was... I would say she was self-aware when it was most convenient... dense when more relaxed and herself and she could truly give two sh**s how she made others feel in her presence. She was a complex character, so enjoyable... Wayne was also complex, but like Ann, had his own mind and I appreciated his quirkiness...

Courtney seemed to be pre-programmed with all the pseudo-intellectual and yet "trendy" social justice rebuttals/nit-picks... but she was very keyed in to how others were feeling and played off those emotions (while very subtlely manipulating them in very well hidden ways). That was her schhtick though and it sold really well to the public... obviously there's a market for it and they're wise to cast her, because she has a pre-existing fanbase. To some degree, they're all acting... but I think at least with India, you could blame some of that on naivety... with Courtney, it was definitely very methodical and their game-plan very well crafted... but Shane seemed like a drama kid, i.e. well trained in theater... played to the "audience's" emotions... he is a great performance artist, but not necessarily the most out-of-the-box Big Brother housemate. At least for me.

I think if they bring in drag queens again, they should cast more than one. One just makes it gimmicky for me. I think with a few people who are very well-versed in theatre/the art of drama mixed in with a couple of dragqueens would be perfect would be a lot more interesting with multiple in, preferably with POV's... and more entertaining than the Jersey Shore-type housemates.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote