Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:36 PM #126
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I think it's wrong if you have faith to claim another faith is brainwashed.
As I said versions have been written and re written so key issues are lost in translation.
Whole books were left out too, and that in itself was due to those in power using the bible as a tool to influence and control.
Farhad I don't wish to counter challenge, I don't believe anyone knows enough as I believe any real knowledge has been lost.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:39 PM #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I think it's wrong if you have faith to claim another faith is brainwashed.
As I said versions have been written and re written so key issues are lost in translation.
Whole books were left out too, and that in itself was due to those in power using the bible as a tool to influence and control.
Farhad I don't wish to counter challenge, I don't believe anyone knows enough as I believe any real knowledge has been lost.
I am not making any personal attack, just stating categorically that your post here is irrefutably wrong. According to Muslims, nothing has been added to, or altered, or deleted, in the text of the Quran, and it is the proud boast of every Muslim that the Quran remains today the same unaltered words of Allah preserved in its exact, primary text, uncorrupted and unchanged since the moment of its revelation.

I have had my own copy of the Quran for years, along with other text books on Islam by Islamic scholars, in addition to diverse other printed materials, and access to the internet. I have, therefore, every right as an intelligent and knowledgeable person - regardless of my faith - to have an opinion that the Quran is so transparently littered with inconsistencies and fallacies, that anyone who repeatedly maintains that its infallibility is beyond question, is brainwashed - especially anyone who keep replying with the same pre-packaged stock answer no matter what the question was.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 01-02-2015 at 06:43 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:02 AM #128
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I am not making any personal attack, just stating categorically that your post here is irrefutably wrong. According to Muslims, nothing has been added to, or altered, or deleted, in the text of the Quran, and it is the proud boast of every Muslim that the Quran remains today the same unaltered words of Allah preserved in its exact, primary text, uncorrupted and unchanged since the moment of its revelation.

I have had my own copy of the Quran for years, along with other text books on Islam by Islamic scholars, in addition to diverse other printed materials, and access to the internet. I have, therefore, every right as an intelligent and knowledgeable person - regardless of my faith - to have an opinion that the Quran is so transparently littered with inconsistencies and fallacies, that anyone who repeatedly maintains that its infallibility is beyond question, is brainwashed - especially anyone who keep replying with the same pre-packaged stock answer no matter what the question was.
How can you say it was wrong, it's my opinion... And I have the right to suggest all religious texts are as littered with fallacies and inconsistencies.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:43 AM #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
How can you say it was wrong, it's my opinion... And I have the right to suggest all religious texts are as littered with fallacies and inconsistencies.
So let me understand your contention: You can post an opinion which contradicts my view, but I then can't respond stating that my opinion is that your opinion is wrong?

You SUGGEST what you want. And I have the right to SUGGEST that you do not have a sufficient knowledge of the subject matter to know what you are talking about. I have the right to SUGGEST that like Farhad, you totally ignore facts and explanation in responses and merely post the same inaccuracies.

I have the right to SUGGEST that I have learnt to my cost of how futile it is to try to hold honest discussion with you, and I will not be baited further. Bye

Last edited by kirklancaster; 02-02-2015 at 06:43 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:39 AM #130
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
So let me understand your contention: You can post an opinion which contradicts my view, but I then can't respond stating that my opinion is that your opinion is wrong?

You SUGGEST what you want. And I have the right to SUGGEST that you do not have a sufficient knowledge of the subject matter to know what you are talking about. I have the right to SUGGEST that like Farhad, you totally ignore facts and explanation in responses and merely post the same inaccuracies.

I have the right to SUGGEST that I have learnt to my cost of how futile it is to try to hold honest discussion with you, and I will not be baited further. Bye
You have no idea what I know on the subject though, so all you have is your assumption.
You have not posted 'accuracies' as that is an impossibility.
I entered this topic to offer another perspective, nothing to do with you or yours and I won't be drawn into any discussion that it's personal.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:18 PM #131

kirklancaster I'm actually going to give you applause for having the courage to buy a translation of the quran, however if you want to study the quran in-depth, best suggestion is to at least get the lexicon of dictionary in classical Arabic, sometimes translation can be human error as its a potetic in classical presentation. Theres no fallacies in Arabic written, its a powerful language and the Arabic alphabet's and literature were codified from quran. Some of the statements in quran like the city of iram was viewed as fairy-tale which later was discovered to be true.
farhad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
athiest, batters, dr, evolution, theory, zakir