Notices

The X Factor 2014 [S11] Series 11 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Simon, Mel, Cheryl and Louis ran from August to December 2014, and was won by Ben Haenow.

Old 28-02-2015, 03:50 PM #26
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeyJake10 View Post
Tour is incredible. I went to the Manchester one and everyone, even stereo kicks, impressed me. But fleur and Andrea pretty much stole the show!
I also went to the Manchester one! I'd say Fleur, Only The Young, Paul and Andrea were the best ones! Ben was alright too tbf! Lauren and Jay were disappointing and Stevi is... Stevi! Stereo Kicks were ok but meh they aint all that

Last edited by Headie; 28-02-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 06:00 PM #27
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
I also went to the Manchester one! I'd say Fleur, Only The Young, Paul and Andrea were the best ones! Ben was alright too tbf! Lauren and Jay were disappointing and Stevi is... Stevi! Stereo Kicks were ok but meh they aint all that
How was Paul? I heard he sang at the Manchester tour.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:57 AM #28
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Lauren was dull as ****, literally her only good one was How Will I Know and even that started off boring as hell. Shame as I thought she'd be good.

Fleur was amazing and very consistent every time she was on stage, plus she opened and closed the show before Ben came on, and had the same amount of songs as him

Your jealousy of Fleur is off the scale!
And you're just attacking Lauren just because I don't like Fleur which is pretty childish.

At least Lauren doesn't have to do generic Madonna/Gaga stuff to standout.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:38 PM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Btw I made this post on DS for anyone that's interested to add their own opinion to this.

Anyway I'm gonna share a little information about the series to the fellow Platters (and anybody else looking in) yes I probably need more of a life, but here it goes.

Ben Haenow - He was ranging between 4th and 3rd in the first 3 live shows, he comes out in the Leather in live show 4, and he tops the vote and never looked back.

Fleur East - Fleur I think was some of the female audience is initial target to eliminate of the girls in the series, but a loyal fanbase on top of Simon's hype managed to send her from someone that was gonna probably come 5th or 6th, to someone that bagged 2nd without touching a bottom two, but giving her all that hype was still enough to build up an anti vote to stop Fleur from winning.

Andrea Faustini - Topped the first 3 live shows, comes out in gold in live show 4 and he kept falling back, plus him being Italian and not muscle toned seemed to be an issue for him when it came to the top 7 onwards.

Lauren Platt - Lauren always had connection issues with the Housewife demographic, despite Simon playing her down in the first 3 live shows, despite the connection issues though she still bagged 2nd place in all of them, then in live show 4 Lauren gets given a bad VT, bad dancing, and even worse was not being played down at all, she was dressed in a really overly sexualised way which antagonised a lot of the female demographics, and it sent Lauren from 2nd place from the first 3 live shows to 4th place, she did pick up to 3rd place for most of the series after that, but you could just tell that certain demographics was never willing to give her a chance (hitting the bottom two after Don't You Worry Child proved that point)

Stereo Kicks - Boybands tend to never win anyway because a lot demographics tend to find them quite cheesy and dull, but what made Stereo Kicks struggle more hence 3 bottom two trips, was that there was too many of them, and not enough of them was fancied enough to sustain their votes, it took for them to have rebounds and good nights to actually poll high in the voting, which we all saw when their vote leak was so erratic.

Stevi Ritchie - He did the usual joke act thing really, there's not really much to comment on here.

Only The Young - Now these are interesting to evaluate, despite being incredibly popular on the Forums they never quite hit it off with the general public, I feel that a lot of the general public never really got to know OTY personally enough, I bet if you asked them to name any of them in the group the general public wouldn't know any of the names, and some of the male and female demographics did the usual and got jealous of their own gender I think so being a mixed group they had it hard from the off in the voting, being 13th in the live show 1, being 11th in live show 3, and even with Monster Mash in live show 4 they only came 5th in the votes despite it being one of the 3 best performances of the night and it being their rebound night, and was in the bottom three in the voting up until they left after live show 4.

Jay James - He had a loyal Housewife demographic voting for him, hence why he was in the middle in most of the votes except for live show 2 where he came 5th out of 14, which you could argue was elevated because he had the pimp slot on the night, but the ultimate things that was hurting Jay James was that I didn't know of a single male viewer that even liked him, and then he wasn't even uniting the female demographic as most of them all went to Ben.

Paul Akister - He starts off great, he comes 3rd in both live show 1 and live show 2, however once his hype dies down he comes 4th in live show 3, however Simon really threw him under a Bus when he questioned Paul's attitude in live show 4 which saw Paul drop another place to 5th, but the damage really was done by the time live show 5 came around and knocked him to 9th out of 9 and despite beating Jay James in every other vote, they decided to take it to deadlock to eliminate Paul.

Lola Saunders - When styled like an Adele wannabe she bags 6th place in the first two live shows, in live show 3 & 4 where she has her hair down she comes 9th out of 12, and 10th out of 11.

Jack Walton - To be fair even though I liked him, I feel that the public was completely fair with Jack's performances as Mel B was killing him at the lives with the song choices that she was giving him.

Jake Quickenden - He lost a lot of his votes to Ben, and he just wasn't treated seriously at all by Simon.

Chloe Jasmine - Alternative acts always tend to struggle at the lives, plus I think her personality was off putting to people so Simon exploited that and got her eliminated very early.

Steph Nala - She got to live show 2 so we all knew who got her there.

Overload Generation - They just wasn't good enough, and them being picked over groups that had actually made the Judges Houses probably made the public be against them immediately.

Blonde Electra - Not very talented on top of no home territory killed them off from the very start I feel.

But I made this just to show to anyone that I've ever debated this with on here, and on other Forums is that Simon really does pull a lot of strings on how the public feels, and also that people do care about looks a hell of a lot more than they like to claim.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
live, tour, x factor