Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 29-03-2015, 12:37 PM #26
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Thank you Joey, they can neither confirm nor deny it seems? As IDS has stated that we may never know until after the election, then it's as if the country is perched on a precipice wondering who's to be plunged into the abyss
Old 29-03-2015, 04:42 PM #27
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Thank you Joey, they can neither confirm nor deny it seems? As IDS has stated that we may never know until after the election, then it's as if the country is perched on a precipice wondering who's to be plunged into the abyss
I know in my own mind the people to be plunged into an abyss, the sick, disabled and most vulnerable and it really dismays me that more people don't realise the chaos this govt; has caused to many of those sections of society,and indeed to theri carers and families too.

It is easy to look down on the most vulnerable when you are not one of them, however from all I have seen, I hope the most vulnerable don't have to be further demonised and suffer another day after May 7th by the actions of this present Conservative party.

This Conservative party under this hapless leader, are in my view an insult to the more understanding and better Conservative govts; and leaders gone before them.
Even Mrs Margaret Thatcher's.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-03-2015, 07:13 PM #28
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I don't know how I feel about some of these tbh. Disability benefits are meant to be equal to a wage..and a wage gets taxed so I dont really see much problem with that. A guy I know on disability actually gets more now than when he was working..but at the same time I don't think we should be taking away from disabled people :S

I have always been torn on the limiting child benefit thing. In theory...great. But in reality there is no guaranteed way to not get pregnant besides sterilization (which fails too sometimes) and abstinence.

Carers allowance should be left well alone. These people who care for their relatives save the state millions and trying to get people off carers allowance is just wrong, they dedicate their lives to helping people..and wont be able to do that without an income. If anything, carers allowance should be raised.

I didnt realise people could get contributions based JSA/ESA whilst in work to begin with tbh.

Regional benefits caps make sense. However I do hope somethings going to be done about the extortionate private rents in certain areas at the same time. Its all well and good saying X gets 600 per week, thats more than I make working! But chances are 4-500 of it goes right to the landlord. There is of course the argument that people could move when they become unemployed to counter this. But the problem is..how long is one allowed to be seeking work before being deemed a parasite who should be moved on?

All in all, these proposals DO seem very tory. But there is no proof of anything, it could well be all bull. But to me, it does seem about right. If they are still refusing to touch pensions, then this is the only way they can cut more realistically.
child benefits capping is a good idea, but also pay those benefits in vouchers that can ONLY be spent on products for the children. some scoff this is patronising I don't care. I want the kids to get that money not the parents.

id INCREASE working tax credits and make them far simpler to get. this encourages and rewards people getting back into work. it also encourages those scared to get off the dole to get back into work.

carers deserve MORE MONEY NOT LESS. THIS WILL ACTUALLY SAVE THE GOVERNMENT LONG TERM. as it takes the responsibility off the state to look after an aging population. this is a hell of a hard job these people need to be encouraged and rewarded.

I wouldn't tax disabled benefits. also if tighten regulations on those disabled suppliers who overcharge and rip people off. I read too labour changed the law that disabled vehicle controls cannot br transferred to other cars. that's nuts. that means every time a disabled person buys a car he/she has to fork out thousands for new adaptations. also tighten up on businesses with no disabled access.

vat is the worst of all. id scrap it totally.realistically milibland If HE HAS ANY Credibility which he hasn't. would argue to get vat DOWN . not start a fake argument asking the tories not to RAISE VAT? he should be halving it to 10%

VAT IS AN ENSLAVEMENT TAX. IT HAS ZERO MORAL RIGHT TO EXIST. IT WAS SNEAKED IN THE BACK DOOR 40 YEARS AGO AS A TAX ON THE RICH AT 7.5% WELL GUESS WHAT ITS NOW ON EVERYTHING AND ITS A TAX ON THE POOR MEANWHILE THE RICH CLAIM THE VAT BACK SO IT DOESNT COST THEM A PENNY. its the worst single bill that's EVER been passed. furthermore it stops businesses growing and protects the big companies from competition
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
leaked, reforms, welfare