Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 28-07-2015, 12:32 PM #51

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
thank goodness for that, judging by your last post it appears youd be in serious trouble if they did
tbh I'd be screwed if a child mugged me let alone a teenager, let's hope it never happens eh

Last edited by RichardG; 28-07-2015 at 12:34 PM.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 11:22 PM #52
User banned

User banned

angry women do have a habit of throwing things at men , starting with drinks them saucepans etc for some reasons its considered oh so hilarious but it can soon escalate, every human has a right to defend himself
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 11:23 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
i don't understand the debate. a girl half his size is getting beat on. she wasn't violent, her hands were always loose, she didn't have any weapons. any guy that feels threatened by that girl is a pathetic little bitch.

That guy should be in jail.
Yeah, hitting him on the back of the head with a shoe isn't violent.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 12:39 AM #54
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Old film This one is better

To the original clip. She was aggressive so her aggression was met with his aggression. Theres nothing I see here about being scared. I dont think that factors into this at all. Aggression is very often met with further aggression. So if you dont want someone to be aggressive toward you it is a very good idea to not become aggressive toward them.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 12:53 AM #55
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I've always been of the stance that if I'm being attacked I'm going to hit back tbh

evenespecially if it's a bloody child!!!!!!!! (ok maybe not i'd just push them over and laugh and call them a nerd and then steal their phone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 05:30 AM #56
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I don't know, maybe my thought process is a bit off with this but I don't really see that much difference between this thing and another thread that I've just read with a bullfighter being hurt because the bull 'fought back' and then that being praised because obviously the bull is bigger/stronger/more physically powerful etc...but the same thing in that a bull in a bull ring..'an innocent' is being taunted, provoked, tormented for a reaction etc, etc...

...with this, to me it's much the same, the guy is being bullied by the females because of a jacket he is wearing...not even staying with that verbal bullying, the female was the first one who became physical, both with 'jacket guy' and another guy who was filming it on his phone when she knocked the phone out of his hands...so she also 'picked' on 'bigger and stronger', didn't she/same as the bullfighter and then obviously would come off a little worse for wear for that for her taunting and bullying....

..anyways, I'm glad that all charges against him were dropped, I watched the vid afterwards when it showed his own injuries and not only had she cut his ear..(behind it..) when she struck him but her shoe heal came very close to his eye and could have actually taken his eye out, maybe then his reaction would have seen to be more justified..?...what I always feel sad about with things like this/and I've seen similar 'faked' social experiment type vids...is that there was very little reaction from the people on the train while she was both verbally and physically abusing him...it wasn't until he struck her back that the hell broke loose, type thing and others started to intervene...and I hate that, that a perceived 'victim' has to appear the more vulnerable....he was very much a victim of verbal and physical bullying and he 'fought back'....and really I can't see any fault in him for doing that....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 06:22 AM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I don't know, maybe my thought process is a bit off with this but I don't really see that much difference between this thing and another thread that I've just read with a bullfighter being hurt because the bull 'fought back' and then that being praised because obviously the bull is bigger/stronger/more physically powerful etc...but the same thing in that a bull in a bull ring..'an innocent' is being taunted, provoked, tormented for a reaction etc, etc...

...with this, to me it's much the same, the guy is being bullied by the females because of a jacket he is wearing...not even staying with that verbal bullying, the female was the first one who became physical, both with 'jacket guy' and another guy who was filming it on his phone when she knocked the phone out of his hands...so she also 'picked' on 'bigger and stronger', didn't she/same as the bullfighter and then obviously would come off a little worse for wear for that for her taunting and bullying....

..anyways, I'm glad that all charges against him were dropped, I watched the vid afterwards when it showed his own injuries and not only had she cut his ear..(behind it..) when she struck him but her shoe heal came very close to his eye and could have actually taken his eye out, maybe then his reaction would have seen to be more justified..?...what I always feel sad about with things like this/and I've seen similar 'faked' social experiment type vids...is that there was very little reaction from the people on the train while she was both verbally and physically abusing him...it wasn't until he struck her back that the hell broke loose, type thing and others started to intervene...and I hate that, that a perceived 'victim' has to appear the more vulnerable....he was very much a victim of verbal and physical bullying and he 'fought back'....and really I can't see any fault in him for doing that....
You speak with such wisdom again Ammi.

Bullying IS bullying, and bullies ARE bullies, whether the victim is physically or mentally superior to the aggressor is totally immaterial.

Restraint or containment of an attacker is fine when the attacker is alone, but a foolish and dangerous tactic when the aggressor has cronies and you are alone - then the only sensible tactic is to disable the aggressor so as to be able to 'deal' with the inevitable attack from his/her 'mates'.

'Knock them bullies down like ninepins son - even the odds one by one. Don't worry 'bout what some might say, just so long as YOU live to walk away'. --- That's what my old grandpappy used to say.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 07:02 AM #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I've always been of the stance that if I'm being attacked I'm going to hit back tbh

evenespecially if it's a bloody child!!!!!!!! (ok maybe not i'd just push them over and laugh and call them a nerd and then steal their phone)
Old 29-07-2015, 07:20 AM #59
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post

The man is a bull? I know that's not meant to be insulting to mankind, but if you're equating them with beasts of the field incapable of rational thought ..
Old 29-07-2015, 07:34 AM #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
You speak with such wisdom again Ammi.

Bullying IS bullying, and bullies ARE bullies, whether the victim is physically or mentally superior to the aggressor is totally immaterial.

Restraint or containment of an attacker is fine when the attacker is alone, but a foolish and dangerous tactic when the aggressor has cronies and you are alone - then the only sensible tactic is to disable the aggressor so as to be able to 'deal' with the inevitable attack from his/her 'mates'.

'Knock them bullies down like ninepins son - even the odds one by one. Don't worry 'bout what some might say, just so long as YOU live to walk away'. --- That's what my old grandpappy used to say.
Well said Kirk and Ammi. Great to hear from you again Kirklancaster
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 08:13 AM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
Well said Kirk and Ammi. Great to hear from you again Kirklancaster
Thanks Jenny. If you check out my 'Kirk Titmarsh' thread on General Chat, you'll see what I've been up to during my 'absence'.
Old 29-07-2015, 08:52 AM #62
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Some of the comments are BS women have equal rights not special rights if she is going to bully people on a train then stupid bitch deserve what she got.

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 11:44 AM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
Some of the comments are BS women have equal rights not special rights if she is going to bully people on a train then stupid bitch deserve what she got.
being rude and yelling in someone's face and even slapping them on the head is not the same as beating the hell out of someone.

a man knocking a woman out is NOT EQUAL to a woman slapping him upside the head.
Old 29-07-2015, 11:49 AM #64

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Quote:
being rude and yelling in someone's face and even slapping them on the head is not the same as beating the hell out of someone.

a man knocking a woman out is NOT EQUAL to a woman slapping him upside the head.
You're right, it's not, but I haven't seen anyone say it is and the guy in the clip didn't do that, so what's your point?
Old 29-07-2015, 12:04 PM #65
-

-

Quote:

That's not what happened though, she was up in his face and he actually stayed passive, until she hit him with something (a shoe, allegedly) at which point he slapped her.

She then backs right off, and it's a guy who then attacks him (presumably for "hitting a girl") and the two guys fight. It's not the girl he lays into. She gets one slap. I'd say it's a reasonable response to be honest.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 12:23 PM #66

maybe i misunderstood the video, the person being thrown to the floor and being pummeled towards the end, i assumed it was the same girl.
Old 29-07-2015, 12:24 PM #67
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
That's not what happened though, she was up in his face and he actually stayed passive, until she hit him with something (a shoe, allegedly) at which point he slapped her.

She then backs right off, and it's a guy who then attacks him (presumably for "hitting a girl") and the two guys fight. It's not the girl he lays into. She gets one slap. I'd say it's a reasonable response to be honest.
I can't watch the video but if that's what happened it sounds fair. You can't go round hitting people and not expect a person to hit you back, I don't care what gender you are

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 12:31 PM #68

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
maybe i misunderstood the video, the person being thrown to the floor and being pummeled towards the end, i assumed it was the same girl.
No, it was a guy that jumped up trying to be the white knight that got his ass kicked, not the girl.

Last edited by Liam-; 29-07-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Liam- is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 01:44 PM #69
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

No one should be hitting anyone for any reason.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 01:46 PM #70
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
No one should be hitting anyone for any reason.
I think Nick Grimshaw should at the very least get a kick right up the arse when he bends down to stroke a Pug
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 01:50 PM #71
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I think Nick Grimshaw should at the very least get a kick right up the arse when he bends down to stroke a Pug
Okay... no one should be hitting anyone... unless it's funny.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 01:53 PM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Thanks Jenny. If you check out my 'Kirk Titmarsh' thread on General Chat, you'll see what I've been up to during my 'absence'.
I have checked it out. It's amazing In fact, if you are ever in Denmark and at a loose end, I have a huge back garden that I call the Wild Wood that needs someone like you to bring some order to it.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 09:31 PM #73
User banned

User banned

Quote:

that's not what happened, she hit him across the head with a shoe drawing blood and leaving scars
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
argument, fall, hit, men, situation, women