Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 31-10-2016, 03:10 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
It's funny actually thinking about it, because I don't particularly enjoy Christmas, for me it's always more of a hassle because I have to do a lot travelling, it's expensive, and 'family time' can be stressful... if I was dress up in a santa costume I'd probably be miserable Whereas with Halloween, maybe it's because there isn't a load of hassle that comes with it, I'm into horror, I associate the dressing up with having a laugh with my friends etc etc. I always look forward to it more. I think my gripe was just with the 'it's only for kids' thing. There's something really freeing about putting on a costume and going out/showing off/letting go of yourself, basically doing something totally different that you'd never normally do for a night, and a sense of coming together when you see everyone else is doing the same thing (which you wouldn't get if there was no occasion and you were dressing up on a random weekend), and Halloween nights out/parties everyone always seems in higher spirits because of all that, and I think adults need that and get more from all that than kids do. They only really enjoy it because of trick or treating and getting lots of sweets but it's only when you're an adult that you can fully appreciate Halloween imo So it's not really about there being a specific reason or need for celebrating it, it's just enjoying the fact that there is a celebration and like I said, letting go of yourself a bit (which of course noone needs to do if they don't want to or don't get anything from it, but I don't really get why anyone would be judged for doing it either).
Another great post Jamie.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dressing, halloween