Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 23-02-2017, 06:46 PM #276
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
There are a lot of things that don't make sense in this case. I don't believe for a second the McCanns murdered their daughter on purpose. I think it was an accident that they covered up. All evidence point at Maddie sadly dying in that flat on that sunday. I wish things were different, but i don't hold much hope.
and they covered it up why?

how did she die
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 06:47 PM #277
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

how did she die
Not sure. Maybe she went out looking for her parents and fell?
Old 23-02-2017, 08:03 PM #278
cancelled

cancelled

.................all those crazy conspiracy theories...................

yet? observers are ready to accept that maddie could fall and just 'die'

kiddies are like weebles ............they fall..............and get up again.........

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 08:16 PM #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Yeah look I was the same until I really started reading up on it, it isnt nice to think they were involved (not that I think they actually killed her but more likely covered up her death) but it does seem to point to that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yes..that was unfortunate to pin their hopes on, given Eugene Zapata later confessed to murder, admitted the body was were the dogs indicated.

I mean, its been reported so many times that the squad working on this case from Scotland Yard is the homicide squad. Not missing persons or something, homicide. Why on earth would that be? The intruder killing her is impossible given the claimed checking routine. As the body would have to be there for (I believe it is) 90 mins...
I've been reading more about it and I think I'm changing my opinion on it tbh. The thing I can't get my head around though is why they've maintained such a prominent public profile, sure it's something they'd do at the beginning to avert suspicion but not still after 10 years? Because if they had anything to do with what happened to her, or covered up an accident, and have been lying about it, surely the last thing you'd want is to stay in the public eye and have people questioning every action you take, and you'd be so distraught by what you'd done you'd want to do everything possible to try and forget it, not have constant and unnecessary reminders. I think the only way it would be possible for the cover up theory to be true is if they weren't distraught by what they'd done, but surely you'd have to have something seriously mentally wrong with you for that to be the case since it involves disposing of their childs body. It's just unimaginable. And I suppose there could be something seriously mentally wrong with them, but then that's also a big assumption to make so I don't know if I really believe it. Unless they're psychopaths I can't imagine anything other than them believing her to have gone missing would be correct... but then yeah there's a lot more evidence than I'd realised before so I'm not really sure what I think. I intend to read Amarals book though (I think I saw the link posted in this thread).

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 08:22 PM #280
0_o

0_o

Personally, I think its arrogance. That plus wanting the fund gravy train to continue. Mind they may well disappear after the next court case as I don't think many will donate to the fund anymore given its now being actually reported in the rags that they are spending it on everything but searching. Would be a fool to donate now.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 08:23 PM #281
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

how did she die
Because they were probably doping them LT. If you don't think that's realistic, you're sheltered. If you don't understand why they would cover it up, then you should look into the murky legal waters of using meds off-label, especially as a doctor.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 23-02-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 08:27 PM #282
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
I've been reading more about it and I think I'm changing my opinion on it tbh. The thing I can't get my head around though is why they've maintained such a prominent public profile, sure it's something they'd do at the beginning to avert suspicion but not still after 10 years? Because if they had anything to do with what happened to her, or covered up an accident, and have been lying about it, surely the last thing you'd want is to stay in the public eye and have people questioning every action you take, and you'd be so distraught by what you'd done you'd want to do everything possible to try and forget it, not have constant and unnecessary reminders.
In my opinion it got away from them more than thy expected it to, they probably did plan to let it all die down and be forgotten, but it got so HUGE so quickly. After a while they really had no option but to keep going with it, because if they slow down or stop, it will all start to catch up with them. I think it will eventually, anyway. They have relied heavily on having the UK press on side and it's slipping now.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 08:50 PM #283
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
I've been reading more about it and I think I'm changing my opinion on it tbh. The thing I can't get my head around though is why they've maintained such a prominent public profile, sure it's something they'd do at the beginning to avert suspicion but not still after 10 years? Because if they had anything to do with what happened to her, or covered up an accident, and have been lying about it, surely the last thing you'd want is to stay in the public eye and have people questioning every action you take, and you'd be so distraught by what you'd done you'd want to do everything possible to try and forget it, not have constant and unnecessary reminders. I think the only way it would be possible for the cover up theory to be true is if they weren't distraught by what they'd done, but surely you'd have to have something seriously mentally wrong with you for that to be the case since it involves disposing of their childs body. It's just unimaginable. And I suppose there could be something seriously mentally wrong with them, but then that's also a big assumption to make so I don't know if I really believe it. Unless they're psychopaths I can't imagine anything other than them believing her to have gone missing would be correct... but then yeah there's a lot more evidence than I'd realised before so I'm not really sure what I think. I intend to read Amarals book though (I think I saw the link posted in this thread).
Yeah I posted the link to his book in the thread, you should read it, its pretty much him just giving the facts of the investigation, nothing sensationalised or anything

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 09:02 PM #284
User banned

User banned

she admitted madeline was incredibly difficult to manage she was screaming and shouting 18 hrs a day

Kate McCann has told of how Madeleine cried for 18 hours a day as a baby and demanded constant attention when her twin brother and sister were born.
In an interview with a Portuguese magazine, the 39-year-old GP is reported to have discussed her daughter suffering from colic and how, at 20 months old, she reacted to the birth of twins Sean and Ameli

In it, she spoke openly about her experiences in being a mother to Madeleine, candidly admitting that the first six months with her were "very difficult".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZY38wzkg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

In it, she spoke openly about her experiences in being a mother to Madeleine, candidly admitting that the first six months with her were "very difficult".
She explained that Madeleine frequently suffered from colic as a baby and, as a toddler, demanded a lot of attention after the birth of the twins.
"She cried practically for 18 hours a day," she said. "I had to carry her around permanently.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZY3VqwZt

In the interview, Mrs McCann insisted that she and her husband were "truly responsible parents" and had committed no crime.
Speaking of the night Madeleine disappeared, she said: "I was sure immediately that she didn't walk out of that room.
"I never doubted that she had been taken by someone.
"I went through a phase of guilt for not knowing what happened to her. I blamed myself for thinking that the place was safe.
"But the certainty that we are truly responsible parents has helped me carry on.
"I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances."
Asked about whether the decision to leave them meant she and her husband were responsible for their daughter's disappearance, she said: "It cannot be considered a crime.
"Someone committed one, but not us."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZY3vw6xq
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 09:10 PM #285

Maddie suffered with colic as a baby, like a LOT of babies.

What the frig does that have to do with anything?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 09:26 PM #286
cancelled

cancelled

....charge them...............keep them apart and see how quickly one blames the other

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 11:56 AM #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Personally, I think its arrogance. That plus wanting the fund gravy train to continue. Mind they may well disappear after the next court case as I don't think many will donate to the fund anymore given its now being actually reported in the rags that they are spending it on everything but searching. Would be a fool to donate now.
Oh yes, without doubt they've displayed a huge amount of arrogance and coupled with their own attitudes they quickly turned the Portuguese against them. The area was ruined by their full on and endless shameful media circus. The residents in that area, many of whom had relentlessly searched for a supposedly missing Maddie, were harassed and over time many of them eventually lost their livelihoods.
I think if they hadn't been made arguidos they might well have let it lie sooner. That status threw them right into what they'd tried so hard and gone to such incredulous lengths to avoid. Regardless of their years long lies to the contrary, they've never actually been cleared of involvement.
Since then all they've done in the main is use public donations to defend their reputation and carried on digging an even deeper hole of culpability.
Their countless interviews over 10 years have basically all been the same. Self defensive, re-telling of a few versions of the night and what good parents they really are, ie their children weren't neglected, endangered or (they thought) drugged (enough) to make them sleep.

Their immediate wholly inappropriate actions and in-actions weren't known about in full until the PJ files were released. How many people actually knew about them? In the meantime the McCann's instantly promoted sob story has carried on. Covering their own backs was the only priority for the McCanns and the group and that's how it's remained.
Instead of getting out and searching for their supposedly missing 3 year old helpless child, they instigated an overnight media circus. Based on lies and their own and still totally unproven claims and against police advice.
With the deceit of their caring parents role and innocent victims of their instantly decided upon, peadophile abductor.
Their inordinately dangerous advertising of Maddie's eye coloboma against police advice didn't matter either, they knew where she was.
It isn't surprising they were eventually made arguidos after 4 months.
For anyone who read the PJ files, even less so, after they finally revealed a lot of truths. Plus the fact that they'd only escaped arrest at the time because of Portuguese law re the UK Cadaver and Blood dog's findings.
Among the medicines they'd taken with them on holiday and listed in their statements, were Calpol and anti-histamines.
The fiction about an abductor drugging the three children was an arrogant absurdity. Something which could have got them all into more trouble by medically neglecting and endangering the twins. Just something else they lied about. It's also another incidence of their messing around with the police and refusal to cooperate, by not having the twins drug tested during the appropriate time span.
Page 92, Sedation.
http://freepdfhosting.com/dc46088f9b.pdf
Apart from constantly repeating their claims of their on-going and in reality, virtually non-existent search for Madeleine, from the outset this has mainly been about themselves, including in their police statements.
Three drugged children, neglected and endangered by their parents every night and one of them died accidentally. The consequences were pretty serious for them and their two other children and even more so in Portugal. His words.... If Maddie had an accident when we were out how would it be our fault, it would be a situation she found herself in. Chilling!
Although I have little sympathy for KM I think she's has borne the brunt of Maddie's death and the consequences far more than he's capable of.
I think she was far more likely to want to do the right thing, but all she's ever demonstrated is how she's only able to do as she's told for whatever her reasons are. Even her hard earned medical career has since been ditched. Has his?
The reason the taxpaying public have been exploited for years on end by their inordinate amount of protection from TPTB and the case funded by over £12 million is hardly rocket science either.

Last edited by anne666; 24-02-2017 at 11:59 AM.
anne666 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 11:59 AM #288
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
she admitted madeline was incredibly difficult to manage she was screaming and shouting 18 hrs a day

Kate McCann has told of how Madeleine cried for 18 hours a day as a baby and demanded constant attention when her twin brother and sister were born.
In an interview with a Portuguese magazine, the 39-year-old GP is reported to have discussed her daughter suffering from colic and how, at 20 months old, she reacted to the birth of twins Sean and Ameli

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZY38wzkg

She explained that Madeleine frequently suffered from colic as a baby and, as a toddler, demanded a lot of attention after the birth of the twins.
"She cried practically for 18 hours a day," she said. "I had to carry her around permanently.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZY3VqwZt

In the interview, Mrs McCann insisted that she and her husband were "truly responsible parents" and had committed no crime.
Speaking of the night Madeleine disappeared, she said: "I was sure immediately that she didn't walk out of that room.
"I never doubted that she had been taken by someone.
"I went through a phase of guilt for not knowing what happened to her. I blamed myself for thinking that the place was safe.
"But the certainty that we are truly responsible parents has helped me carry on.
"I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances."
Asked about whether the decision to leave them meant she and her husband were responsible for their daughter's disappearance, she said: "It cannot be considered a crime.
"Someone committed one, but not us."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4ZY3vw6xq

That is just something else, the bit I have bolded, from the many bits I have read on this case, that doesn't hold well with me. Surely a majority of parents whether somehow to blame or not, would automatically blame themselves anyway, a natural reaction, yet not those two, far from it.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 24-02-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 04:25 PM #289
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm with LT on this one I haven't read this particular thread because I find the McCann discussions a bit exhausting tbh, and it's not that I don't think there's a possibility they could have been involved, there is just as there are numerous possibilities. But there's no actual evidence that they had anything to do with it, just things that look kinda dodgy, but nothing that would equate them to being child killers. Yes some scenarios that get suggested sound very unlikely, but then the scenario of parents killing their own child or covering up their child's death is also something that's extremely unlikely, so I never understand the 'well that's too unlikely, they must have been involved' argument towards what I think are plausible scenarios. So since noone really knows what happened that night I don't know why, of all the possibilities, that so many people seem so convinced that the McCanns played a part in it. I can't help but think that maybe it's because it makes it more sensationalist and more of an interesting story? I don't really get it tbh.
Maddies death scent was on Kates clothes,in apartment, in garden and hire car

Last edited by chuff me dizzy; 24-02-2017 at 04:26 PM.
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 04:28 PM #290
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
In my opinion it got away from them more than thy expected it to, they probably did plan to let it all die down and be forgotten, but it got so HUGE so quickly. After a while they really had no option but to keep going with it, because if they slow down or stop, it will all start to catch up with them. I think it will eventually, anyway. They have relied heavily on having the UK press on side and it's slipping now.
Without the internet they would have got away with it, but far too many people fighting everyday for Maddie, its people in groups, forums and Twitter that have kept this case alive, not the Mcs, they want it all to die down and go away,but it wont happen
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 12:24 AM #291

I would say that there is something in the system that is protecting them, think about it, why would social services not take the rest of there children into care, when the proof was that they went out on the pi'', and left there children alone, why, because they are in respectable jobs and are not a chav family who live in a council estate that is a dump, the British police force where more interested in messing up the investigation that the Portuguese police had done, and ten years on, the Portuguese detectives where more right than wrong, now is there a huge cover up that goes to the top, yes,
longstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
appeal, court, lose, maddie, mccann’s, parents