Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-08-2017, 07:22 PM #126
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

customers need to understand that the reason all tills aren't open all the time is for many reasons, payroll cuts less staff, there's more important jobs to be done like getting stock out on the floor, and general serving of the shop floor, I don't work in a supermarket but I would assume it's the same for all retailers.

and i've been reading the whole rude customers posts, and yes it's right to stay calm but when it's busy and a customer is insulting you and throwing verbal abuse it's the managers duty to ask them to leave or **** off kindly, retail staff don't get paid enough for some of the **** they go through, mainly at the christmas run up (extra pay is needed)
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 07:23 PM #127
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
No not fibbing who is casting aspersions now?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
I commented on your post and the noticeable disconnect of your opinion and the common opinions of people that tend to work with the public.

You decided to ignore common sense that would otherwise tell you that people act differently when at work to how they do in their personal lives to fail at throwing shade. If you think people in a retail setting typically behave at work like they do in their personal lives then you're proving my doubts about the authenticity of your claims correct.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 07:23 PM #128
You know my methods

You know my methods

shaun in his stark white minimalist pad ordering avocados and pears from ocado and wearing surgical gloves when the "worker" delivers

sickening

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 07:23 PM #129
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I commented on your post and the noticeable disconnect of your opinion and the common opinions of people that tend to work with the public.

You decided to ignore common sense that would otherwise tell you that people act differently when at work to how they do in their personal lives to fail at throwing shade. If you think people in a retail setting typically behave at work like they do in their personal lives then you're proving my doubts about the authenticity of your claims correct.
so you have a different persona on the net, I see!

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 07:31 PM #130
Banned

Banned

Quote:
so you have a different persona on the net, I see!
Now you're just being obtuse because you lack a point yet still want the last word.

Anyone who has ACTUALLY worked in retail would know you have to put a big smiley face on regardless of what you actually think of their customers and their appalling behaviour. You have to put on a persona at work, that's the case in a lot of jobs.

To purposefully misunderstand (and INTENTIONALLY misread) what I said so you can score points is just a bit tragic. Being reduced to accusing people online of being fake is even more so.

Know when you've lost an argument, Cherie.
Old 20-08-2017, 08:01 PM #131
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Talking

Quote:
Now you're just being obtuse because you lack a point yet still want the last word.

Anyone who has ACTUALLY worked in retail would know you have to put a big smiley face on regardless of what you actually think of their customers and their appalling behaviour. You have to put on a persona at work, that's the case in a lot of jobs.

To purposefully misunderstand (and INTENTIONALLY misread) what I said so you can score points is just a bit tragic. Being reduced to accusing people online of being fake is even more so.

Know when you've lost an argument, Cherie.
And putting a big smiley face on equals the customer is always right.. Not the literal meaning lol... As for winning/losing an argument on TiBB actually... Feel sorry you feel the need to win

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 20-08-2017, 08:44 PM #132
User banned

User banned

Quote:
And putting a big smiley face on equals the customer is always right.. Not the literal meaning lol... As for winning/losing an argument on TiBB actually... Feel sorry you feel the need to win
It isn't for anyone to state they have won an argument. That is for others to decide not them. We can all insist we have won an argument by telling others that - it means nothing, anyone can say that. Beyond pompous in my book.

As for customer service - I haven't seen much of that on here from some, quite the opposite. I'm sure you get my meaning.

Last edited by Brillopad; 20-08-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 08:56 PM #133
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Not really. being polite is simply being polite. If the customer was always right then we wouldn't have so many returns of people buying the wrong thing. A lot of customers don't know wtf they are doing.

It's a debate, it wasn't to begin with since it was just a recollection of experiences but you turned it into one. Someone's got to win and someone's got to lose.
Old 20-08-2017, 08:57 PM #134
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
It isn't for anyone to state they have won an argument. That is for others to decide not them. We can all insist we have won an argument by telling others that - it means nothing, anyone can say that. Beyond pompous in my book.

As for customer service - I haven't seen much of that on here from some, quite the opposite. I'm sure you get my meaning.
Probably because you aren't a customer.
Old 21-08-2017, 09:14 AM #135
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not really. being polite is simply being polite. If the customer was always right then we wouldn't have so many returns of people buying the wrong thing. A lot of customers don't know wtf they are doing.

It's a debate, it wasn't to begin with since it was just a recollection of experiences but you turned it into one. Someone's got to win and someone's got to lose.
Dear me, I thought people would realise that the customer is always right was a slogan ...not meant to be taken literally...here are the origins for those who literally took it at face value

We are also on...

Browse phrases beginning with:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T UV W XYZ Full*List

The customer is always right
Meaning
The trading policy that states a company's keenness to be seen to put the customer first.
Origin
Several retail concern used this as a slogan from the early 20th century onward. In the USA it is particularly associated with Marshall Field's department store, Chicago (established in the late 19th century). The store is an icon of the city, although it is set to lose its name in 2006 when, following a takeover, it becomes renamed as Macy's. In the UK, Harry Gordon Selfridge (1857-1947) the founder of London's Selfridges store (opened in 1909), is credited with championing its use. The Wisconsin born Selfridge worked for Field from 1879 to 1901. Both men were dynamic and creative businessmen and it's highly likely that one of them coined the phrase, although we don't know which.
Of course, these entrepreneurs didn't intend to be taken literally. What they were attempting to do was to make the customer feel special by inculcating into their staff the disposition to behave as if the customer was right, even when they weren't.

Old 21-08-2017, 09:16 AM #136
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

and in response to your accusation that I am lying about being in jobs that were customer service based

I worked in hotel restaurants, B and Bs, a food store, and when I came the UK first a restaurant in Oxford street, I am Queen of relating to the customer and not upsetting a particular demographic

Old 21-08-2017, 09:18 AM #137
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
This site makes money

you work for this site

thus I am your customer

Now what was that you were saying about customers?

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 09:18 AM #138
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
just as well isn't it

Last edited by Cherie; 21-08-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 21-08-2017, 03:46 PM #139

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
This site makes money

you work for this site

thus I am your customer

Now what was that you were saying about customers?

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 05:56 PM #140
-

-

I know I complain about my job a lot but this thread is reminding me that in terms of retail jobs, which are all pretty awful, mine really isn't that bad.

Because...

The customer is hardly ever right, it is OK to be rude back to them when they kick off, it's technically a licenced premesis which means anyone can be asked to leave immediately for any reason. AND we don't really do faux polite. If someone is getting aggressive I can tell them to go and **** themselves. Not even metaphorically; those actual words have been used . The frontline trenches of customer service . I suppose it's inevitable in an industry where you don't make a profit unless the customer leaves unhappy most of the time.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 07:43 PM #141
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Their business, they can do what they like. If you don't like it, don't shop there.
people might not be able to shop anywhere unless they self serve then because most will probably follow suit eventually the way this country is going. If this is to do with religion and not the age of the person serving then it pisses me off, someone said on here religion has no place in the workplace and I agree. I wish there were no such thing as religion, money and religion is the root of some evil.

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alcohol, aldi, muslim, refuse, sell, workers