Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 26-03-2012, 06:46 PM #1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Default Pitbull - Back in Time (Men in Black III theme)

(note: this has been edited to be a lower pitch)

Quote:
Pitbull has debuted 'Back In Time', his theme song for the new blockbuster Men In Black III, which will be released into UK cinemas in May. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click to listen to it.

The track features a sample of the 1950s hit 'Love Is Strange, which was once a smash hit single for naff pop duo Micky And Sylvia. It will be released as a single on May 6.

'Back In Time' opens with the rapper telling everyone he is "reporting live from Cape Canaveral'', before he launches into the track.

Clearly in an effort to reassure fans that Will Smith and his co-stars haven't messed with the film's dress code, the singer raps: "Miami equals black mass, black drugs. With a little bit of rope attached, I flipped it. Black suits, white shirts, black dresses", before bizarrely adding a few seconds later: "I'm trying to make a billion out of 15 cents."

The 'International Love' rapper apparently secured the gig after director Barry Somerfield's 19-year old daughter played him some of his music, with the director saying: "My 19-year-old daughter turned me on to Pitbull. I'm thrilled that he wrote such a great song for our movie that totally gets it."

This is the first time that Will Smith has not recorded the Men In Black theme himself. He put out a track titled 'Men In Black' for the film's first outing in 1997 and followed it up with 'Black Suits Comin' (Nod Ya Head)' for the sequel in 2002.

Men In Black III will be released into cinemas on May 25 in the UK. It stars a returning Smith, Tommy Lee Jones and newcomers Alice Eve, Josh Brolin, Emma Thompson and Flight Of The Conchords man Jemaine Clement.

awful and unoriginal. yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, black, iii, men, pitbull, theme, time