Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 20-07-2012, 01:15 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default could lauren have handled adam better?

I know everyone is going to say , she just his mate and men and women can be friends there doesnt have to be anything sexual going on etc etc and all that ppolitically correct boredom weve had rammed down our throats....but you cant help feelings...not just sexual , but emotional too...

I think theyve been good mates, they laugh and mess about and yes I do believe man and woman can be mates without anything else

however in that tiny space , so up close and personal and also cast adrift from the others, feelings can easily develop

also she is cute, the fact shes been rolling around with next to nothing on has probably got his attention too,,,then again if she wants to wear that its her choice...but cuddling up with just your underwear on is perhaps riske....pyjamas yes , cuddling is cool though

im on the fence, but I think lauren needs to show some empathy , without it looking like pity. she needs to be buddies to survive and hopefully they can be mates afterwards. but in reality when adam gets hooked up, no woman would allow he man to be mates with a girl that looks like lauren

I also though luke a was very heavy handed in the way he dealt with it, for their friendship, for adams sanity, for her own sanity and for her chances to win, she needs to find a way to let him down very very gently
they have great chemistry and I hope they get past this awkwardness

on the other hand, she could say, to heck with it and give it a go!

Last edited by the truth; 20-07-2012 at 01:16 AM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 01:21 AM #2

Lauren is in a difficult position.I am sure she likes Adam as a friend,but not as a lover.Being in the house and in front of the camera's it may be hard to tell him this without looking hard hearted.
Bojangles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 01:22 AM #3
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojangles View Post
Lauren is in a difficult position.I am sure she likes Adam as a friend,but not as a lover.Being in the house and in front of the camera's it may be hard to tell him this without looking hard hearted.
well the first thing she could do is put some clothes on when shes cuddling him in bed.
Old 20-07-2012, 01:25 AM #4

She never cuddles him in the nude.
Bojangles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 01:34 AM #5

i don't think she's been any more inappropriate than he has. he knows she's said she's just a friend so why is he still flirting with her, and making inappropriate comments about her behind her back about his hard-ons.
Old 20-07-2012, 09:06 AM #6
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I'm surprised that someone who professes to have mostly male friends wouldn't find it inappropriate to be sliding around doing the splits, bending over provocatively and generally pushing her shmundie in his face. If she didn't know he fancied the pants off her then she's even more stupid that I imagined and I can understand why she doesn't have many female friends.

Last edited by Livia; 20-07-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:09 AM #7
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie

I honestly don't think there was really a problem until Luke A stuck his oar in, stirring things up. Adam was being a perfect gentleman and Lauren wasn't winding him up that much really. That bit is being way over exaggerated imo.
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:11 AM #8

gone right off lauren as of last night - she must go tonight for the sake of the show.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:17 AM #9

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Benedict

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Benedict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I'm surprised that someone who professes to have mostly male friends wouldn't find it inappropriate to be sliding around doing the splits, bending over provocatively.................and I can understand why she doesn't have many female friends.
Self fulfilling prophecy. "Girls don't like me!" Lo and behold she has tense relationships with females.
I think most (females) would have told her to stop laying her scent like a puss in heat . Ohh no, too late.
cassieparis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:18 AM #10
Very Large Member

Favourites (more):
BB17: Evelyn
BBCanada 4: Tim
Very Large Member

Favourites (more):
BB17: Evelyn
BBCanada 4: Tim

admire her more after last night
would hate to see her go over luke a
ozzyshaggah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:22 AM #11

I like Lauren and hope she does well. If she does like Adam and doesn't know how to handle this in the spotlight of the BB house, I hope they stand a chance outside as they're both genuine.
If she has no interest in him, then despite being bored, she should as a friend put boundaries in place so he doesn't end up looking like a bellend. She could invent an an-off boyfriend outside of the house or some unrequited love elsewhere which she hopes to pursue. Noone gets hurt and the pressures off. But to prolong his interest and keep flirting is unfair (if she has no such interest!!).
Still, think they're both lovely and loads of people are crap at the relationship game till they find someone compatible. Good luck to them both.
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:22 AM #12

I like Lauren and hope she does well. If she does like Adam and doesn't know how to handle this in the spotlight of the BB house, I hope they stand a chance outside as they're both genuine.
If she has no interest in him, then despite being bored, she should as a friend put boundaries in place so he doesn't end up looking like a bellend. She could invent an an-off boyfriend outside of the house or some unrequited love elsewhere which she hopes to pursue. Noone gets hurt and the pressures off. But to prolong his interest and keep flirting is unfair (if she has no such interest!!).
Still, think they're both lovely and loads of people are crap at the relationship game till they find someone compatible. Good luck to them both.
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:28 AM #13
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieparis View Post
Self fulfilling prophecy. "Girls don't like me!" Lo and behold she has tense relationships with females.
I think most (females) would have told her to stop laying her scent like a puss in heat . Ohh no, too late.
Haha... eloquently put.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:32 AM #14

Quote:
She doesn't need to SAY anything, just put up the same kind of boundaries she does with the other men in the house. Luke A is "just a friend" but she doesn't flirt around him and I really can't believe she is soooooo unaware as to think she is NOT attractive to the oposite sex, when Luke S and Aaron made a play for her. Because Adam's a gentleman she feels safe........but it's selfish and not really fair. Much as I luv her hope she goes tnite.
Gaynor186 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:39 AM #15

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Even Emma said on BBBOTS that it was the sideways kick of the leg towards Adam that was a bit suspect when she did the handstand thingy or words to that effect,she had gaping shorts on what was he supposed to think,She also said he had been a gentleman about it all,which he has,can you imagine if that was Conor!?I like lauren but i think she knows exactly what she is doing.Good for Adam that he hasn't pushed the situation.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:40 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaynor186 View Post
She doesn't need to SAY anything, just put up the same kind of boundaries she does with the other men in the house. Luke A is "just a friend" but she doesn't flirt around him and I really can't believe she is soooooo unaware as to think she is NOT attractive to the oposite sex, when Luke S and Aaron made a play for her. Because Adam's a gentleman she feels safe........but it's selfish and not really fair. Much as I luv her hope she goes tnite.
Exactly this^ what a great post.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 09:57 AM #17
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
I'm surprised that someone who professes to have mostly male friends wouldn't find it inappropriate to be sliding around doing the splits, bending over provocatively and generally pushing her shmundie in his face. If she didn't know he fancied the pants off her then she's even more stupid that I imagined and I can understand why she doesn't have many female friends.
Shmundie I love it, you come out with the best words Livia

But yeah as much as I like Lauren, I have to agree, it's been pretty obvious that he fancies her alot so she really should have backed off on the flirting if she didn't like him in that way

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 20-07-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 12:15 PM #18
User banned

User banned

Quote:
She never cuddles him in the nude.
weird comment...nobody said she did?
Old 20-07-2012, 12:18 PM #19
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticcynic View Post
agreed. 6 weeks of this, she seems to be keeping his hopes up just to enhance her prospects of going further
Old 20-07-2012, 12:40 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhog View Post
gone right off lauren as of last night - she must go tonight for the sake of the show.
A no-win situation. Remember his 'proposal' to shievonne? It was the beginning of the end for her. His comment to sara about first date sex? Different strokes I know, but had Lauren said lets see how it goes it encourages him more, if she backs off and tells him 'mates' the boo crew are on her back tonight. Its all a bit pathetic after what she has gone through with the others.
As for doing the splits, when I next see a young russian gymnast in the olympics on the bars, I'll know she's trying to seduce me!!

Last edited by robb; 20-07-2012 at 12:42 PM.
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 12:42 PM #21
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb View Post
A no-win situation. Remember his 'proposal' to shievonne? It was the beginning of the end for her. Different strokes I know, but had Luren said lets see how it goes it encourages him more, if she backs off and tells him 'mates' the boo crew are on her back tonight. Its all a bit pathetic after what she has gone through with the others.
As for doing the splits, when I next see a young russian gymnast in the olympics on the bars, I'll know she's trying to seduce me!!
did the russian gymnast jump in bed with you wearing just her underwear for 6 weeks
Old 20-07-2012, 12:43 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
did the russian gymnast jump in bed with you wearing just her underwear for 6 weeks
I'll get back to you.....
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 01:43 PM #23

I think she handled it well last night especially for a 20 year old. There is a lot we dont see and Adam has said a couple of things he has said that insinuated that he wouldnt go tere...so Lauren felt safe. As for someone saying she does not behave the same around Luke A...he is married sso she wouldnt go snuggling up to him...she knows Adam is single and that it would not be offensive to anyone. They have a sweet and comforting friendship in there that has helped them through the experience.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 02:00 PM #24
Every Day Is A SUNNY Day

Favourites:
BB13: Adam
Every Day Is A SUNNY Day

Favourites:
BB13: Adam

I don't personally see a whole lot wrong with the whole interaction between them. It's kinda nice to see a bit of gentle flirting between them even if they are just friends. She has said on a few occasions a small comment to imply him to back off when Adam slightly raises the issue of a relationship, and she's done so without raising the issue into anything serious so I think it's been tactfully done really. However Adam on heat keeps at her, but again I think it's not totally serious perhaps but just a bit of gentle goading, and again I think Lauren handled it well when it became a little bit more pronounced in it's intention's like in last night's hl show.
Old 20-07-2012, 02:08 PM #25

Adam's a grown man, and a gentleman, with a lot of living experience. If Lauren's antics really bothered him, he would know how to cool things down.
puzzled is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
adam, handled, lauren