Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 28-02-2002, 09:07 AM #1

Default Bad news, brace yourselves

Sticks has posted something awful on TBB which he has picked up from the channel 4 site.

I don't know how credible the source is, but I feel sick.

The following has appeared on the Channel 4 Reach Forum.
http://www.channel4.com/forums/c4_fo...m?forum=reach4

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They've split up......
posted by rd6m7jrdr676r8o7,89980.jih.p on 19:18 27/2/2002

Paul and Helen from Big Brother have just announced their split. She's moved out of their shared home back to her parents' in Wales.

Apparently they had a massive fall out over some woman he was seeing from his work or something, but not much is known about how long the relationship had been in trouble for.

Shame....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't find the posting myself. If there is any truth in this, I'm absolutely gutted.
I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT PAUL WOULD CONSIDER PLAYING AWAY FROM HOME 'COMPLETELY OUT OF ORDER'.

Please, if anyone can scotch this, do it now!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 09:23 AM #2
Administrator

Administrator

Poor ROB.

Unfortunately I can't scotch this rumour for you, but I did manage to find the thread referred to on the Channel 4 Forum.

It all seems too vague to me to have any fragment of truth behind it. The poster was asked where he/she heard this information and their reply was:

'It was on some showbiz round-up thing.......can't remember what it was called.......on one of the cable channels......'

Not good enough. If it was momentous enough news to post on a forum, then they surely could remember where they heard it.

Sorry I can't say for definite, ROB - but my gut feeling is that this is a nasty hoax. I have my fingers crossed, anyway.

Think positive thoughts!!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 09:25 AM #3

ROB, as I've just posted on TBB I really don't rate this story one bit. That site is full of unsubstantiated rumour and you don't even need to register, so is perfect territory for people wanting to cause trouble.

Posts frequenty get deleted from it - mainly because they contain racist, or homophobic material, but anything that could be libellous will be removed pretty quickly too, and I think a story like that counts. I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but given a straight choice, I trust the journalistic integrity of someone in The Sunday People above that of a random poster on the C4 forum.

Don't forget - if they really had announced it, who did they announce it to? When, and surely C4 would have heard and not worried about someone posting it? We've come across plenty of wind-up merchants in our time already, so there's no reason to think this is different.

C'mon now - deep breaths and everything will be fine.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 09:47 AM #4
Administrator

Administrator

You're absolutely right, Feefs - if an announcement had been made, surely at least one of the tabloids would have pounced on the story by now, especially as the offending post was made yesterday at 7.18 p.m.

It also said that Helen had moved back to her parents - I thought she only stayed with her mum?

The more I think about this, the more I am convinced it is a nasty, spiteful rumour.

Please don't upset yourself, ROB - I think Sticks gets some perverse pleasure from posting these doom-laden stories.

Chin up - don't let the b******s get you down!
Old 28-02-2002, 10:03 AM #5

I can't find the post referred to - I wonder if it's been deleted now. There are several people who post on there who run Big Brother down, so I wouldn't think there's a lot of truth in it - let's hope not anyway! I would like to think that Paul has more sense!

Christine - http://www.BBFans.com
Christine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 10:09 AM #6
Administrator

Administrator

The post's still there, but it's a bit complicated to find.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the top left box, the post is about 3rd from the bottom. Click on 'They've split up' and this shows the original post and replies in the bottom left box. If you then click on the post, the full text appears in the right box.

I still think it's a load of b***ocks! (pardon my french)
Old 28-02-2002, 10:13 AM #7

I've just found this thread now - it's not on the BB forum as I'd assumed, but on the general one. I hadn't even realised it existed!

I still think it's someone trying to cause trouble. The other posters are quite rude too aren't they? I did consider posting my opinions, but I'm not sure if it's worth encouraging the individual. The whole tone of what is written really doesn't stand up.

Who on earth would announce "we had a massive fallout over this woman ... " ?
Old 28-02-2002, 10:22 AM #8

Yes, I've found it now. It's too vague really isn't it? I think it's just someone trying to cause trouble.

Christine - http://www.BBfans.com
Christine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 11:38 AM #9

I still haven't found it, but I'm not trying too hard. It will only make feel like and very .

As my OH says with increasing frequency, it is SO time I went back to work!

I have reviewed the most recent evidence (H on yesterday's Lorraine), and she looks her normal chirpy self. The ring is still on show. So, I'm going to conclude that it's been posted by some complete git, trying (successfully) to cause upset.

The other thing I've been watching over past few days are the tapes discolady slipped to me like contraband at our karaoke session.

This has the 'Love is what happens when you're busy making other plans' weeks 6,7 & 8 of BBLB, and Josh's last afternoon. I have seen them before, when they were originally broadcast, but of course there is a lot more to notice second time around.

I don't think I have ever seen a couple so well matched. She is undereducated, but bright, naive and hyperactively enthusiastic.

He is educated and selectively gifted, but displays the vocal and social skills of some sort of sauvant. He too is refreshingly open and enthusiastic, but has the patience and bidability to deal with the whirling dervish that is Helen.

As a couple they look absolutely right, even before they know they are a couple! They recognise strengths and endearing qualities in each other to which others are totally oblivious.

I think they each could spend a lifetime looking for a more ideal partner, and NEVER find someone who even remotely measures up to what they have with each other. I think they are sensible enough to know this.

So, there you are, I've cheered myself up. Sorry to have scared you all, and Sticks, if you're looking in, this is the sort of scurrillous rubbish I don't need to find out
about.

I am calm, I am serene. Love conquers all.
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 12:02 PM #10

ROB - I'm glad you are feeling better. No matter how much logic I apply to such events, there's always a little bit at the back of my brain that wonders, especially as no one had mentioned anything about Helen being on Lorraine this week. Of course, sensible Feefs was putting this down to recent house moving, or even a trip to Eurodisney, but paranoid feefs was ...

So what was Helen doing on Lorraine yesterday apart from waving her ring in front of the camera? It really was very thoughtful of them to get friendship rings for us to monitor wasn't it?

And if you really do believe they are so obviously well suited and have too much time on your hands, then you might want to have a look at this website I got sent ages ago. However, try not to pay too much attention to the 2nd 'couple' - and watch out for Jeffry Archer!

http://www.cupidkarma.com/top.php?te...c29d972d9cdc44

Old 28-02-2002, 12:22 PM #11

I have been unable to post anything for a couple of days because of a problem with the internet at work and I've just managed to get into it now. I was hoping for some further news about "The Wedding" and instead I found ROB's posting about Paul and Helen breaking up. My stomach actually lurched and I know what ROB meant when she said she felt sick.

Now, on reading further, I see there is obviously no truth in it whatsoever. Thank God for that.

Mairi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 01:29 PM #12

Ditto
Maggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 04:41 PM #13

Quote:

If you scroll down to the bottom of the top left box, the post is about 3rd from the bottom. Click on 'They've split up' and this shows the original post and replies in the bottom left box. If you then click on the post, the full text appears in the right box.

Reply......

This is driving me scatty.

I can't even find the "thev'e split up" message. I have looked all the way from the bottom up and just cannot see where this message is. Heeeeelpp.
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 04:54 PM #14
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Contrary to popular belief I do not get a perverse pleasure in reporting bad news, including death announcements.

I felt just as sick at this, and I wondered How I missed this on my monitoring role. I have invested a lot of time and effort as well in trying to make sure this relationship gets off the ground.

I was unable to authenticate this, and even Popbitches.com does not have any corroboration

e-mailed Stuart, our usual source for rumour control. Unfortunately Stuart was unable to find it, even though I found it after seeing his e-mail reply. (Incidently his reply was in uppercase if that means anything)

Quote:
COULDN`T FIND THE THREAD HOWEVER DONT BELIEVE ALL YOU READ - ER DO THESE
PEOPLE KNOW THEM ??????
In the early days after BB2, Paul would be surrounded by other girls and models, and al he would talk about was Helen. It would be a complete turn around in his character so far if he did two time Helen

We have heard false rumours before, but as I have asked then, can we totally dismiss them out of hand in the absense of hard facts

Incidently the thread has now been deleted from the Reach forum.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 05:04 PM #15
WILDCHILD2K1

WILDCHILD2K1

Like all of you lot, it is not a very nice thing to read - in fact it is horrible but I dont believe it until it comes from them!
Cheer up every1!!!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 05:54 PM #16
Administrator

Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
Incidently the thread has now been deleted from the Reach forum.
If that's the case, then I think we can all assume quite safely that this has been nothing more than a nasty, malicious hoax.

It was good of Stuart to respond so promptly to Sticks' e-mail, wasn't it. Thanks, Stuart.
Old 28-02-2002, 08:12 PM #17
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

It might be an idea to look at the NO Ring for pauls welsh rarebit thread as it may shed some light on this.

However it is yet to be confirmed.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bad, brace, news