Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 17-07-2015, 11:06 PM #1

Default Chloe winning is probably a good thing...

... for those of us who'd like to see Big Brother take a step back towards a 'back to basics' type show.

I wasn't a Chloe fan, and I was pretty underwhelmed by the final. But imagine what the producers are thinking right now, try and see this result through their eyes. After weeks of desperate tactics to keep 'controversial' contestants in the house, and putting in 'controversial' non contestants too. And their constant house rock-ing, explosive twists, designed purely to cause confrontation and fighting. In the end, the nice boring one who sat around not doing much won. I mean she didn't even have a bloody showmance! They're either scratching their heads wondering if the viewers are all on acid, or maybe they'll consider that their priorities need to change with regards to how they approach designing the show. I'm not saying we'll suddenly get a house full of Chloes, that would be terrible! But they have to be able to recognise that the public have gone completely against the wishes of the producers this year. If anything was ever going to push them into reconsidering their format, surely it would be someone like Chloe winning?

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 11:24 PM #2

Favourites:
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB13: Deana

Good post !

No gameplan either ?

Suggests you can win by being yourself without having to act (and the majority were acting all over !)

I see it as the publc sick of the DULL gameplayers and fencesitters (i.e. just to keep in there)
And with little to vote for, choosing to go with the most nice / honest.

Course many will disagree about that and the £5K.
But don't see why building the winners prizefund is more important than being offered cold hard cash.
And wasn't like she stole it from the prizefund either.
Not that that's necessarily wrong either.....
the_answers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 11:42 PM #3

We need another "freakshow" house tbh, like BB7 and BB10. People from all different areas with all different backgrounds and beliefs, contrasting personalities and unique talents. Not only does it make the show intriguing, it also makes the cast intriguing. They need to start stripping it back to a "social experiment" and see how people from all kinds of backgrounds react in a confined space; I'd really enjoy watching that develop.
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 11:44 PM #4
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

It is a good thing, no 'probably' about it. But Sam winning BB14 led to one of the most fame-hungry casts we've ever seen, so...

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 11:49 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BBUSA17: James

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BBUSA17: James

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamBB View Post
... for those of us who'd like to see Big Brother take a step back towards a 'back to basics' type show.

I wasn't a Chloe fan, and I was pretty underwhelmed by the final. But imagine what the producers are thinking right now, try and see this result through their eyes. After weeks of desperate tactics to keep 'controversial' contestants in the house, and putting in 'controversial' non contestants too. And their constant house rock-ing, explosive twists, designed purely to cause confrontation and fighting. In the end, the nice boring one who sat around not doing much won. I mean she didn't even have a bloody showmance! They're either scratching their heads wondering if the viewers are all on acid, or maybe they'll consider that their priorities need to change with regards to how they approach designing the show. I'm not saying we'll suddenly get a house full of Chloes, that would be terrible! But they have to be able to recognise that the public have gone completely against the wishes of the producers this year. If anything was ever going to push them into reconsidering their format, surely it would be someone like Chloe winning?
Good stuff here.
I agree. Chloe was not seeking fame. Whatever her faults, she was there to make a better life for herself by winning some money. Unlike many of the others with agents looking to advance a modeling, acting, music, rapping, sexual services etc careers. Glad a more relatable, flawed person won.
vafunghoul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 06:55 AM #6
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

i didnt mind Chloe but she was one of the fakest most hypocritical HG in this series
Old 18-07-2015, 08:16 AM #7

Who really wants to watch these showmances or eejits performomg like apes trying to rile up the house..if we wanted that we coild watch eastenders. There was plenty of footage of hilarious events that never vot shown till the final best bits....everyone in the house loved chloe...we should have seen more of this....I thouggt she was lovely from what I saw....the house was natural enough witg the originals but just wen they were showing their personalities and natural dislikes or likes of each other bb decide to throw four out who weren't even nominated and bring in a performing ape...not a hood move...wud have been better to let originals get on with it..we wud have had a better show. ....marc was ok for a week but he was a one trick pony and boring. No need for nikki graem or the others..they had their chance..it reeked of desperation. But im delighted chloe won.
just thinkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 08:28 AM #8

agree. Marc was alright at first but after bunker he was ****e. would of rather they just let the OG's get on with it. the 4 in/legends werent needed.
Old 18-07-2015, 08:47 AM #9

The mind boggles what next year's BB is gonna be like.

They've done everything they could possibly do to get away from the original format - least they didn't shoot dead the housemates instead of evicting them.

Maybe that's next year's theme...
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 08:53 AM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
The mind boggles what next year's BB is gonna be like.

They've done everything they could possibly do to get away from the original format - least they didn't shoot dead the housemates instead of evicting them.

Maybe that's next year's theme...
Big Brother: NailBomb

Old 18-07-2015, 08:56 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshRley View Post
We need another "freakshow" house tbh, like BB7 and BB10. People from all different areas with all different backgrounds and beliefs, contrasting personalities and unique talents. Not only does it make the show intriguing, it also makes the cast intriguing. They need to start stripping it back to a "social experiment" and see how people from all kinds of backgrounds react in a confined space; I'd really enjoy watching that develop.
Totally agree. The voters have clearly been trying to send a message to the producers this series by going against what they wanted from the show. I suppose we'll find out next year if they've listened and focus more on finding a great cast, and less on all the ridiculous twists

Old 18-07-2015, 09:09 AM #12
Banned

Banned

The show is doomed. ...esp if BB pander to those viewers who use the word Nice and the words Big Brother in the same sentence. ...how the hell did that ever happen ? Maybe they should stop calling them house mates and instead vote to save the best game player each week.

Last edited by REDCROP; 18-07-2015 at 09:10 AM.
REDCROP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 09:11 AM #13
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

What I was saying the whole series.
Crowning someone like helen or marc as the winner only encourage the production to go in the same path and even worse.
Entertainment can come in many shapes and forms, not only in the big bad wolf villain trend in the past 2 series (i.e. Marc and Helen, again).
It worked well in BB14 imo without the heavy nastiness - there was enough drama, conflicts and rivalries without the struggle of watching it day after day.
This year was so exhausting to watch and it is the last thing I wanted after BB15, I don't think any of us needed another cycle of this type.

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 09:14 AM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamBB View Post
Big Brother: NailBomb
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
chloe, good, thing, winning