Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 17-01-2024, 06:00 AM #1
MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default What's your opinion on preservation in Entertainment?

With everything going digital, and things going either Subscription based (TV Shows, Movies and partially Video Games) or the License method that the Video Game industry loves to do (thankfully Manga and Books don't do this) what is your opinion on when for example if PlayStation were to take down Ghost Of Tsushima from all of their platforms, and essentially the only way you could get the Game is through Piracy, how would you feel about that personally?

If I were to use TV Shows as an example (animation included) this is all of the Shows that I can think of that aren't legally available to watch anymore.

1. Infinity Train (Cartoon Network/Max)
2. Hemlock Grove (Netflix)
3. America The Beautiful (Disney+)
4. Willow (Disney+)
5. The Mysterious Benedict Society (Disney+)
6. The Game (Paramount+)

There's tons more, but we'd be here all day going through them all, here's a link to them all for TV & Movies being removed off of Streaming platforms if you're interested. https://www.tvinsider.com/1097445/tv...sney-hulu-max/

My point being that if there's no legal way to access all of this content (regardless of what any of us might think of some of it) is it really a good future for the Entertainment industry? Because these companies are telling the fans, the creators, the Directors, and the Actors/Voice Actors to go and **** themselves basically, and that they don't value or appreciate the time and effort that these people have put into the product that's just been tossed away.

I personally would like to see a platform come out that could try to preserve as much of the Entertainment industry as humanly possible, preferably through both Physical and digital media (give people the option) but it's what I'd like to see.

And look I get that there's bigger problems going on in the world, but you can't underestimate the feeling of unwinding and watching your favourite Movie after having a bad day, or whatever your hobbie is out of the Entertainment arts.

For example could you imagine a future where you can't legally watch or own GOT anymore? Because it's very much going to happen at some point if these corporate types don't face any protests (non-violent obviously) and more metaphorical protesting more than going to the streets to protest.

Anyway what's your guys views on this topic?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
entertainment, opinion, preservation