Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Celebrity Hijack Discuss Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack shown on E4 in January 2008.

Old 29-01-2008, 03:59 PM #1
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Default Who else is sick of the booing?

Ok. I know its pantomime but over the years many contestants have been affected by the crowd love of booing. Personally, I blame the production staff they seem to have very little trouble keeping the crowd silent when they want to so why cant they stop the booing. I am frankly sick and tired of the British publics reacton to the BB contestants. Who else with with me?
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:01 PM #2

I'm sick of it too. It spoils the show for me sometimes, and just makes it really negative and hateful. I'm sure they wouldn't boo if they were told not to, so they should be told not to, I don't think the people in charge really care about the booing and they probably encourage it anyway.
Wasted is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:09 PM #3

always seems to be an element who do.theres always a sad under belly of society floatin around. Its usually against the ones who have charisma or the whole package. Biggest shock was the placards banners etc were spelt right. Must of practised all day. In pencil first obvs
jellytots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:36 PM #4

i think there should be no booing unless its a housemate like Charley (BB8)
MR.K! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:41 PM #5
Banned

Banned

them live crowds are weirdos
molecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:44 PM #6

No, everyone has a right to like/dislike someone and act in such manorism's. If someone kept annoying you and then you were just told ignore it, how long before it build's up in you before you say something back. Its like that, everyone should be entitled to say how they feel. And like Mikey said to Grace in BB7, some of them in the crowd would have been paid to do it.
Jake! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:45 PM #7

Vert sick of the booing. Its not right, people just go there to boo. Its takes the fun out of it.
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:48 PM #8
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by NightMare
No, everyone has a right to like/dislike someone and act in such manorism's. If someone kept annoying you and then you were just told ignore it, how long before it build's up in you before you say something back. Its like that, everyone should be entitled to say how they feel. And like Mikey said to Grace in BB7, some of them in the crowd would have been paid to do it.
Why pay people to make fools of themselves? Emilia did little to get booed last night. Jade got booed for nothing at all. It's mob mentality run wild. It's time people started to think for themselves a bit more and not just follow what everyone else it doing. Even Dermot seemed a bit disappointed by the crowd booing Emilia. I remember he getured as much while in the house with John. Plus, how is it that the floor mangers have no problem keeping the crowd quiet but they dont seem to be able to stop them booing perfectly good, innofensive HM's like Jade? As if the public weren't letting htemselves down by voting the likes of John as a winner they have to boo the other HM's too.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:52 PM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
Plus, how is it that the floor mangers have no problem keeping the crowd quiet but they dont seem to be able to stop them booing perfectly good, innofensive HM's like Jade?
I was wondering that too, I guess their not too bothered about it. I remember when it was only the people who mucked up that got boo'ed, like Federico from BB4 when he buggered up that task and lied about it or Tim from BB3 and his contact lenses ('comprende') hee hee hee
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:55 PM #10

It's odd, back in the earlier series of the shows hardly anyone was booed.You would have to do something pretty bad to received that sort of treatment from the crowd but over the last few years you barely have to do anything to get booed.

It's just completely daft.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:56 PM #11

Quote:
Originally posted by GiRTh
Quote:
Why pay people to make fools of themselves? Emilia did little to get booed last night. Jade got booed for nothing at all. It's mob mentality run wild. It's time people started to think for themselves a bit more and not just follow what everyone else it doing. Even Dermot seemed a bit disappointed by the crowd booing Emilia. I remember he getured as much while in the house with John. Plus, how is it that the floor mangers have no problem keeping the crowd quiet but they dont seem to be able to stop them booing perfectly good, innofensive HM's like Jade? As if the public weren't letting htemselves down by voting the likes of John as a winner they have to boo the other HM's too.
People would get paid for it coz the next day people would buy a newspaper as it says for instance "Grace - Why She Got Booed". Just to clear up, BB doesn't pay them, The Sun does. Also if houe mates hear things like "Get Grace Out" the housemates will be thinking what's she said or done to get herself hated, especially with popular housemates...
Jake! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:56 PM #12

Now only the winner doesnt get booed. Im so glad Latoya didnt get booed yey
tinkerbell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 04:59 PM #13
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
People would get paid for it coz the next day people would buy a newspaper as it says for instance "Grace - Why She Got Booed". Just to clear up, BB doesn't pay them, The Sun does. Also if houe mates hear things like "Get Grace Out" the housemates will be thinking what's she said or done to get herself hated, especially with popular housemates...
Grace is different. She is a wrong un' pure and simple. I'm objecting to the booing of the likes of Jade and Emilia.

Dan has it right. In the old days the HM's had to actually do something bad to get booed. Not it just seems like it's the done thing. Its almost like the crowd feel they may as well boo. That's why I'm sick of it.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
booing, sick