Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Creative Writing and Books This area is for members' stories and poetry. Also a forum for book reviews and discussion.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 PM #1

Default Defying Gravity - Part 1!

“The Witch of the West is Dead” shouted an Ozian as she ran through the streets of Oz. “The Wickedest Witch there ever was, the enemy of all of us here in Oz, is dead?” a man screamed. Chants came out of windows throughout Oz “She’s dead!” and the odd voice shouted “Look! It’s Galinda!” She descended in a huge bubble with a smile across her face, “fellow Ozians. There has been much speculation over the...” she is interrupted by an impatient Ozian “Galinda! How dead...is she?” there was a few seconds between his question and her answer “let me set the record straight. According to the Time Dragon Clock, the melting at the thirteenth hour. She had been chased by the Guards for several days, and eventually found and captured, she fought a long and tiresome battle with the guards, and was killed by a little girl with a bucket of water” She takes a long, deep breath and one Ozian catches her off guard “Miss Galinda! Is it true you were her friend?” she doesn’t reply for a few seconds. “Well...yes”, the Ozians gasp and act horrified. “Well it depends on what you mean by friend! That is...our paths did cross, at school” Galinda remembers her times at Shiz University of which some are good, some are bad.

“Oh, Hallowed Halls and Vine Draped Walls. The proudliest site there is, when grey and seer, our hair hath turned, we shall still revere our lessons learned, in our days at Dear old Shiz. Our days, at Dear old Shiz” The schools choir sing in the background while friends are reuniting for their new year at Shiz University. Galinda is sat there with all her friends gossiping about her essay she send in to Madame Morrible. “I’m going to be in the Magic Seminar this year, I hope...” a girl walks into the crowd and everyone all of a sudden stops talking and turns to her, a huge area clears where she walks, Galinda carries on talking not realising who is there. “What?” Galinda turns her head, “oh sweet Oz”. The silence continues and the girl looks around, almost baffled. “What? Have I got something in my teeth? Okay! Let’s get this over with. No, I am not seasick, no I did not eat grass as a child” she snaps. “Why are you green then?” a voice comes out of the crowd. To a lot of people surprise, a girl with green skin is standing there, in front of them acting like she didn’t have a clue. “Yes, I have always been green” she continues. A voice shouts from a few feet away from her “Elphaba! Stop making a spectacle of yourself!” and a man in weird clothing walks on, to peoples surprise, it’s the Governor of Munchkin land is stood there wheeling a beautiful young girl in sat in a wheelchair. “You’ve been sent to this school for one reason only...” cutting in, the emerald skinned girl cuts in “...to look after Nessa, I know” she rolls her eyes. Frex, the governor pulls out a box, and hands it to wheelchair bound Nessarose, “My precious girl... a parting gift” he says. She opens the box and pulls out a pair of jewelled shoes, “Oh father!” Frex kisses her on the head, and turns to say to Elphaba “Take care of your sister, and for the Oz’s sake, don’t talk too much”. Galinda turns to her friends in disgust, looking really guilty and says “Those shoes are horrendous!” a voice blurts out shouting “Students! Welcome to Shiz. I am Madam Morrible, the Head Mistress here at Shiz University. I will be your head, your tutor for some, and friend for all” Galinda turns and makes a snorting noise and laughs a little bit. “Now, regarding room assignments...” Galinda cuts in “I have been assigned my private suite I hope?” Madame Morrible makes a noise that sounds like a mix of disgust and humour. Galinda acts confused and walks back over to her friends. “I don’t even think she read my essay” she says. “You should say something” whispers Boq, a Munchkin “Should I?” questions Galinda. She completely tuned out of what Madame Morrible said and Galinda runs up to her shouting “Madame Morrible...” interrupted, Morrible says “Miss Galinda, how kind. Thank you so much!” Galinda is confused... “Your welcome?” she warmly replies. “Miss Elphaba, follow Miss Galinda your new room please” says Morrible “What?” squeals Galinda. They both go to their room but Galinda isn’t happy with this. Four days later, they both wake up in each others company and Galinda wakes up to see Elphaba reading. “Reading at 5am Elphaba?” asks Galinda “Well it’s better than hearing you snore” snaps Elphaba. “I do not snore” shouts Galinda. The silence is unbearable and Elphaba walks to class and sits on the bench. After 30 minutes, the class is full and in trots a goat-like professor. “Settle down, class.” He walks around the classroom a bit and then to the chalk board and pointed at the timeline which was on it and said “The Construction of the Yellow Brick Road” everyone made a noise like they wish to be elsewhere. “Phanee, can you tell me the vegetable that surrounds the Brick Road?” Phanee looks baffled and looks around and whispers, “Tomatoes?” the Professor, Doctor Dillamond looks so confused, he laughs. “Tomatoes are a fruit, deary, and its corn. Corn, corn. Right, here are some simple equations that I wish you to work out...” Dillamond flips the board and in red writing, it says...

ANIMALS SHOULD BE SEEN,
AND NOT HEARD!

“Who is responsible for this?” asks Dillamond, “Well? Very well, that will be all for today. Did you hear me? Class dismissed!” everyone quickly runs out of the classroom except Elphaba and Nessarose. “You go ahead Nessa, ill follow you shortly” says Elphaba in a hushed voice, Nessarose wheels herself out of the classroom and to her private suite that Galinda wished for. She goes in there and begins to write a letter to her father.

Dear Father,
here at Shiz it is going okay, I guess. Elphaba is being, well let’s say different... she ended up getting a room with the most popular girl in the University, which she wasn’t happy about, but never mind. I’m in Madame Morribles private suite which Galinda requested, I feel a bit guilty on here, but never mind. It’s so difficult using the facilities in Shiz for example, the bathrooms are extremely small and it is difficult to use. I need a new chair, also if you could get one for me? Anyway, time to go to bed.
Lots of hugs and kisses,
Nessarose

Elphaba walks in to her dorm and to her surprise, Galinda is sat there, writing a letter. She whispers the letter to herself to see how it sounds,

Dearest, darlingist momsy and popsicle. There’s been some confusion over rooming her at Shiz, but of course I’ll rise above it, there’s been some confusion for you see my roommate is... unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...well you see, she is green. Momsy, I loathe her so much. I loathe her hair, her clothes, her voice, ugh. Just thinking about it makes my very flesh begin to crawl. Anyway, time to do my hair. I’ll talk soon.

Elphaba just sits there and looks at her in disgust. “Who are you talking to?” says Elphaba “just reading out my letter that I am sending to my momsy and Popsicle” replies Galinda.
The following day, Doctor Dillamond’s class is about to begin, and he states that his last lesson is about to begin. Of course, Elphaba is struck by this, “Why? What, they can’t fire you, Doctor...” she says, “they can, and they have” replies Dillamond. Then two men in white coats with black boots walk in and say in a posh voice “Come along, goat” placing him on a lead and prodding him with a stick “Remember students! You’re not being told the whole story! Something bad is happening. Something bad! A man with something caged walks in and stands before the class. “Are you just going to sit there?” shouts Elphaba, “Sit down please” says the man. “Right class. Here, is a Lion Cub. This is a new initiative to stop animals from talking...” All of the students are intrigued by it except Elphaba and Fiyero, a Prince who everyone falls head-over-heels for, then Elphaba says “Approved by the Wizard?” the professor silences and avoids the question, “who wants to prod it?” Elphaba gets really angry and frustrated, and lights begin to spark and all the students are running around trying to find safety, Elphaba steals the Lion Cub and runs out of Shiz as far as she can get, she runs under a bridge and releases the cub, and to her surprise, Fiyero is stood there and says “good job” and claps “you’ve proven yourself to be stark-crazy” Elphaba rolls her eyes and replies “Haven’t you got a reputation to maintain” and runs away. Elphaba gets to the corner of a street and Madame Morrible runs up to her with an umbrella, “Elphaba! You know you wish to see the Wizard? Well he wants to see you!” Elphaba’s facial impression tells Morrible the answer is ‘yes’. Morrible walks off and Elphaba says, “and that’s how we’ll start, the Wizard-and-I!”.
“ALL ABOARD!” shouts the conductor. “Elphie, are you going to be okay?” questions Galinda and Elphaba replies quietly, “of course I want someone to come with me, but never mind, eh”, Galinda has a huge grin on her face when saying this, “Well, I have a surprise for you!” Elphaba panics, because Galinda’s surprises aren’t too good, “I’ve decided...” begins Galinda, “to change my name to... simply... G-linda!” Elphaba can’t help but grin at this “Okay, G-linda, come with me!” says Elphaba, “where to?” replies Glinda. “To the Emerald City!” they both board the train, both so very happy, unknowing that their smiles will soon be wiped off their faces.
“One short day, in the Emerald City! One short day full of so much to do. Everywhere that you look in the city, theirs something exquisite, you’ll want to visit, before the days through!” sing the Cities choir in the Central City. Glinda and Elphaba are walking to the palace when they notice the famous ‘Yellow Brick Road’, they walk up the road for a couple of hours until they get to this huge, glittering green building, “This is it...” says Glinda, they both smile and knock on the huge pearly doors. “Glinda and Elphaba I believe?” says a voice. “Yes” says Glinda. “The Wizard will see you now!” shouts a man with a red robe and a funny hat on. Elphaba and Glinda walk down the huge corridor until they get to a door, they knock three times, and they open. They walk into the room and a huge, metallic head appears! “I am Oz, the great and terrible! Who are you and why do you seek me?!” the head says. Elphaba and Glinda step back, but pushing her forward, Glinda says “Say something!” Nervously, Elphaba says “Elphaba Thropp, your terribleness” expecting something to be said in a loud booming voice, she runs back to Glinda, instead, a small voice comes out, “Oh, Elphaba? Is that you?” Elphaba acts surprised as a tiny man in a grey suit walks out and says “I hope I didn’t startle you, I can’t see anyone from behind that thing”, Elphaba walks over to it and touches it, “I know why your here Elphaba” says the Wonderful Wizard. “You do?” asks Elphaba. “Of course I do, I’m the Wizard of Oz” replies the wizard “I can do what you want me to do if you do me one small thing?” he continues... “What’s that?” questions Elphaba “I don’t know, a small token or gesture... I know! Madame, the book!” and with that, Madame Morrible walks out holding a tatty old book with writing on it saying ‘The Grimmerie’. Both Elphaba and Glinda are confused as to why Morrible is with the Wizard, but refuse to ask. “Here, read this spell. Chestery!” a monkey runs out from above the Wizard Head. Elphaba chants “It was once my chance in the sky! I know everyone, deserves the chance to fly!” says the Wizard. Chestery runs around in pain and starts making horrendous noises “It’s hurting him! Stop the spell!” says Elphaba. “Spells are irreversible, deary” says Morrible. Elphaba is so angry that Chestery is in pain and all of a sudden, Chestery sprouts wings and flies around the room. Silence covers the whole palace as Chestery flies out of a near window. The Wizard begins talking “And that’s just the start, and since I had my chance in the sky, I know everyone deserves the chance to...” “NO!” shouts Elphaba and she runs out a door and up a stair case and comes to the top of the stairs “oh no... There’s no more stairs!” says Elphaba and she runs near the centre of the room and begins chanting... “Elphaba, stop... what are you doing? Elphie... I said stop! STOP!” all of a sudden, a broomstick floats above their heads and lands next to Elphaba, “Elphie no. Elphie please, don’t!” Elphaba mounted her broom, and guards burst in the room, shouting “Stop in the Wizards name!” and they grab Glinda, and suddenly, Elphaba bursts up from the centre of the room, and says “It’s me you want not her! It’s me!!!!!” and levitates higher than the guards, higher than Glinda and begins to say “So if you care to find me, look to the Western sky, as someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly! And if I’m flying solo, at least I’m flying free, to those who’d ground me, take a message back from me! Just tell them how I am defying gravity, I’m flying HIGH defying gravity and you can’t pull me down! And no body, in all of Oz, no wizard that there is OR was, is every gonna bring me down!” and with that, she flies out the attic window, leaving Glinda, and the guards terrified “I hope your happy!” shouts Glinda.

Last edited by Jamie.; 02-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Jamie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:34 PM #2

Part 1 now up!

Part 2 will be released towards the end of the month
Jamie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:44 PM #3
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):