Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 17-08-2013, 02:56 PM #1
0_o

0_o

Default Can Dexter win?

I do not mean the show. I mean with the housemates. I am going to give you 4 things that were brought up about him last night, and I want people to give me something he could have done in the situation that would not have pissed the housemates off in some way and gained the house whipping boy a bit more whipping.

Quote:
1) The 88k thing. I am not even going to attempt to defend it or anything as none of us know what he was thinking or why he did what he did. However

With Charlie going last, had Dexter picked the highest amount available to him, this would have forced Charlie to have the lowest amount by default. And this would have seen her evicted. She said she didnt want the money, nor did she want to be evicted.

Lets assume the save and replace twist didnt happen, in the interests of this thread. As the housemates had no idea that the twist was that (even though they did think there was a twist to it)

Do you think the housemates would have applauded Dexter for effectively sending Charlie home and remaining in the house himself?

Even with the save and replace twist going ahead, I cant see Charlie being happy at ALL about being the (default) lowest. It would have somehow been Dexters fault, and she would not have wanted to pick one of the others to replace her..and she would no doubt have thought out that if the twist hadnt happened, she would have been leaving the house. No doubt whinged that dex didnt throw her a lifeline or something similar.

To win with the housemates in this situation..what should he have done?

2) The night everyone ganged up on Charlie.

Dexter spent a lot of this night in the diary room. After spending time talking to her in the bedroom while the rest all slagged her off. BB called Dexter to the diary room solely to see the kickoff IMO, as Charlie at that point went to talk to the others.

When he came back from the diary room, she was mid-argument with Hazel. Hazel did have a point tbh..though the way they all ganged up was not nice to watch at all.

Dexter could have disagreed with what Hazel was saying (as what she was saying was true), however, just because he likes Charlie, does this mean he should stand up for her no matter what..even if he agreed with what Hazel was saying? Had he done this, in my opinion they would have turned on him, and the whole thing would somehow have ended up being his fault, and part of his gameplan.

Dexter could have told them to chill out a bit. But again, it would be twisted into him getting involved in something that was nothing to do with him. And they wouldn't have listened anyway.

To win with the housemates in this situation...What should he have done?

3) The current Charlie relationship

Yup. This one seems easy, shouldnt have got involved in the first place(which I agree with). But thats not an option as this is about what he could do now

Keep going as he is. Despite Charlie bitching about it to anyone who will listen about it just being a gameplan?

Cool off. Which would mean..to the housemates and charlie..that he doesnt have feelings, and it was just a gameplan all along?

4) Last night, Sam decided that Dexter NOT saying bad things about him was a gameplan.

Should he start slagging off Sam and insulting him? Even though he doesnt want to? Just to not be accused of having a gameplan? I dont suspect that would work anyway, as if he randomly started going mental at Sam...it would be a gameplan too I would think

Or should he just remain as he has been. And be accused of it being a gameplan?
This is in no way a defence thread. I'm not even going to attempt it because I cant really defend any of this as I dont know what was going through his head at any of these times. Also defending his actions is pointless, as those who like him will agree and those that dont will disagree, no matter what is said.

I just want to know if anyone can think of what he could have done in these situations. As I cant see anything he could have done that wouldnt piss off the house or make out he has another gameplan

Basically I am sick of saying things like 'the guy cant win'. when things happen. And I would like to know if there is anyway he could
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 17-08-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 03:09 PM #2

I think Dexter shot himself in the foot from the moment he went into the house with the Mr big i am which went down like a lead balloon with the other HM's.
He didnt help himself with the going bk & forwards from person to person putting doubts in their minds, he was not trusted from the start, that has followed him throughout....
Old 17-08-2013, 03:11 PM #3
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I think Dexter shot himself in the foot from the moment he went into the house with the Mr big i am which went down like a lead balloon with the other HM's.
He didnt help himself with the going bk & forwards from person to person putting doubts in their minds, he was not trusted from the start, that has followed him throughout....
Completely agree with this.

But could he possibly do ANYTHING right in the housemates eyes now? Or are they going to forever judge him on something that happened 8 weeks ago?
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 17-08-2013, 03:12 PM #4

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

hopefully, one always wants to see good overcome evil
Old 17-08-2013, 03:12 PM #5
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

He only has one chance to redeem himself and that is to own up and tell the truth.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 03:13 PM #6
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

It could be said Dexter is succeeding DESPITE his gameplan(s).

If he just gone into the house as a paparazzo scratching a living, he might have got a lot more support. But he didn't have the self-confidence to do it.

Sad really.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 03:16 PM #7
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
He only has one chance to redeem himself and that is to own up and tell the truth.
What is 'the truth' though? I would love to know.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 17-08-2013, 03:17 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post

But could he possibly do ANYTHING right in the housemates eyes now? Or are they going to forever judge him on something that happened 8 weeks ago?
Im not sure tbh Vicky, perhaps if he told them all the actual truth whatever that is he might BUT with the theme been secrets & lies they are more likely to think he is not telling the truth anyway so i guess they probably wont change their minds now.
Old 17-08-2013, 03:18 PM #9
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Im not sure tbh Vicky, perhaps if he told them all the actual truth whatever that is he might BUT with the theme been secrets & lies they are more likely to think he is not telling the truth anyway so i guess they probably wont change their minds now.
Noone knows hes not telling the truth, nor what this truth is though...so 'telling the truth' isnt really an answer :S
Quote:
Quote:
Old 17-08-2013, 03:20 PM #10
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
What is 'the truth' though? I would love to know.
We'll never know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We know a few bits of it........ or so we think, anyway!
Old 17-08-2013, 03:24 PM #11

Quote:
Noone knows hes not telling the truth, nor what this truth is though...so 'telling the truth' isnt really an answer :S
Yes but as far as the HM's are concerned he talks BS which started from the get go so they never believe he is doing or saying something for real or not.
Old 17-08-2013, 03:24 PM #12
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
We'll never know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We know a few bits of it........ or so we think, anyway!
See this annoys me. People always saying 'he should just tell the truth'. With NO way of knowing he isnt, and they never seem to know what 'the truth' is themselves either.

It might all be a big lie. It might not. But those who dislike him seem absolutely certain that it is, yet cant explain why they think this(besides saying 'because its dexter), or what the actual lie is
Quote:
Quote:
Old 17-08-2013, 03:26 PM #13
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Yes but as far as the HM's are concerned he talks BS which started from the get go so they never believe he is doing or saying something for real or not.
So even if he told this mysterious truth..he still wouldnt win. As somehow every little thing he says now is BS, because of the first few days when he definitely did speak BS.

This is all I wanted to know. Basically, he is screwed no matter what. As I suspected
Quote:
Quote:
Old 17-08-2013, 03:32 PM #14
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Nobody will now believe what Dexter says... even if is the truth.
Old 17-08-2013, 03:45 PM #15

Quote:
So even if he told this mysterious truth..he still wouldnt win. As somehow every little thing he says now is BS, because of the first few days when he definitely did speak BS.

This is all I wanted to know. Basically, he is screwed no matter what. As I suspected
I think so yes, the HM's have difficulty believing anything he says now.
Old 17-08-2013, 03:45 PM #16

Favourites (more):
BB17: Jason
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
BB17: Jason
CBB14: Gary

They wouldnt give him the benefit of the doubt on anything the house could catch Dexter could run in to the bedroom and warn them and they would insist its a lie and part of his gameplan go back to sleep and burn to death .
Old 17-08-2013, 03:48 PM #17
King

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Bailey
BB14: Dexter
King

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Bailey
BB14: Dexter

Dexter will win i have faith, Endemol should throw in 200,000 votes just for Dexter's entertainment value this series

Im_Juz_ChiLLin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 03:52 PM #18

Favourites (more):
BB15: Helen
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I think from the beginning of the show, Dexter made a massive point of him being a dating advisor (if that one is true Id be amazed) and a PR person, I dont believe that either, I worked in PR for 15 years and I cant see it being true, he also makes a point of telling everyone how he thinks they will be perceived which makes people suspicious, even though he nearly always gets it wrong lol

I actually dont think he can redeem himself now, unless he had a massive secret, like a brain tumour, he's buggered lol
Miranda123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 03:57 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

The thing is that saying you have a secret just makes you look like you are deceiving people

The thing with a secret is, if you announce it, it sounds like either youre BSing or you want people to keep asking you what it is, either of these comes across as attention seeking

If you see my previous posts, I really liked Dexter when he was in the SH with Gina and still like their relationship but I dont think Gina cares what he is, she just likes him, the others dont really like him (apart from Charlie) so for them, its all BS

Since he left the SH he has got a bit too full of himself and I think that will cost him 2nd place, he may even lose out to the wins and come in 4th
Miranda123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 04:12 PM #20
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

He's screwed cos he is what he is and they all see right through him. Even Charlie knows deep down. None of them trust him an inch. He's a grasping selfish money fixated horrible little man. You can see it in his eyes. I can't believe the amount of people he's fooled. Thought most were more savvy than that.

If he wins I despair.
Old 17-08-2013, 04:16 PM #21
0_o

0_o

To clarify, I am not denying he has screwed it for himself with his ill thought out gameplan at the start.

What I am asking is if there is any way he can do anything right in the eyes of the housemates NOW. In any of the above situations

Hell, I suspect if he rescued a drowning kitten from the pool it would be made out to be just a gameplan
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 17-08-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 17-08-2013, 04:25 PM #22
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
To clarify, I am not denying he has screwed it for himself with his ill thought out gameplan at the start.

What I am asking is if there is any way he can do anything right in the eyes of the housemates NOW. In any of the above situations

Hell, I suspect if he rescued a drowning kitten from the pool it would be made out to be just a gameplan

So true.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 04:33 PM #23
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Quote:
yea that didnt help but i think the thing to save his behind with Michael "choosing" who stays might of been the real nail in the coffin. just the way he did it irked em.

i dont think he can redeem himself in their eyes.
Slevin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 04:40 PM #24

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Doesn't deserve it IMO

Last edited by Marc; 17-08-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 04:49 PM #25
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

The only way for a 'Dexter' to possibly change, learn and grow from this Big Brother journey would be to lose.

He walked in the house with a chip on his shoulder that's still very much there. All of the prepared, random speeches and crocodile tears haven't convinced a large portion of the viewing audience that he's anything more than a creepy, narcissistic twerp. Once he sees that he couldn't fool people, maybe he'll truly get to work on being a better person.

Last edited by Winkie Expand; 17-08-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Winkie Expand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dexter, win