Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:16 PM #1

Default big bro is finished marcus was right.

marcus was right about the pc world we live in they all rip into freddie about his posh accent nothing gets said about that soon as marcus does it to sree there murder.

cant belive big brother are going down that road its a disgrace if halfwit was ethnix there would be murder with whats happening to him but because hes white its accepted double standards so wrong.
madsocuser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:18 PM #2
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by madsocuser
marcus was right about the pc world we live in they all rip into freddie about his posh accent nothing gets said about that soon as marcus does it to sree there murder.

cant belive big brother are going down that road its a disgrace if halfwit was ethnix there would be murder with whats happening to him but because hes white its accepted double standards so wrong.
do you fink halfwiit wud be ethnically cleansed?
RADISH_REVEALED is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:21 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
BB18: Ellie

Favourites (more):

To be fair Mad, BB voiced the issue (as was required by them to do) and then gave Marcus full right of reply, and then put it into the HL show.

They didnt have to do that, and the fact they didnt pursue the issue after shows me they actually used him as a mouth piece to show how they feel about the BS around it all as well.

Kudos to BB I say, well handled.
vesavius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:21 PM #4

Seems like BB AND Endemol are just going through the motions.
jaymando is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 PM #5

why havent they pulled anyone up about ripping into freddie with his accent as is required of them as you say?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:25 PM #6

Yeah, but so frustrating!

OFCOM ruined it!
Whinging Daily Mail hypocrites ruined it!
Channel 4 is ashamed of it!

The producers never change!
They never develop their ideas (because Endemol in UK same old posh idiots who have lost touch with their audience)

But well, Marcus's rant was so RIGHT!

Sree mocked him, mocked other people but sly Sree pulled the card he knew everyone would jump on!

And damn, when did we loose the freedom of speech in a democracy anyhow!

It just protects the Bourgeoise values of the rich so they can be sneaky racists/ homphobes/ bullies and never face up to it, because they can make easy scapegoats to cover their skin!

I loathe our regulated media and the polticalisation of entertainment!

It's the opposite of freedom and truth!
moveupandon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
why havent they pulled anyone up about ripping into freddie with his accent as is required of them as you say?
because the public would not, and did not, demand it, as they would have Marcus copying Sree. BB just responds to public expectations.

Freddie's accent has been used to degrade him for weeks and noone has said a peep except a few of us on the forums now and again, so BB has done nothing about it.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:29 PM #8

100% agree - BB jumped in with both feet as soon as Sree played the race card, but it's OK to mimic Freddie - total double standards and Savaish was right when he said that people like Sree give the likes of himself a bad name. I think this country has gone PC mad as far as I see it it's others being racist about whites but that seems to be acceptable racism!
wenroy13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:29 PM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by vesavius
Quote:
because the public would not, and did not, demand it, as they would have Marcus copying Sree. BB just responds to public expectations.

Freddie's accent has been used to degrade him for weeks and noone has said a peep except a few of us on the forums now and again, so BB has done nothing about it.
exactly thats were this is so wrong why do we say nothing about are own race but more scared about what difrent races think.

we should all be treated equal thats why people are racist
Old 03-07-2009, 11:32 PM #10

Quote:
To be fair Mad, BB voiced the issue (as was required by them to do) and then gave Marcus full right of reply, and then put it into the HL show.

They didnt have to do that, and the fact they didnt pursue the issue after shows me they actually used him as a mouth piece to show how they feel about the BS around it all as well.

I have to say that I hadn't thought of it like that. And really I suppose, you're quite right... They needn't have shown the full response and they did.
Prole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:34 PM #11
Banned

Banned

Quote:

That's actually a great point +k.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:34 PM #12

Quote:
Originally posted by wenroy13
100% agree - BB jumped in with both feet as soon as Sree played the race card, but it's OK to mimic Freddie - total double standards and Savaish was right when he said that people like Sree give the likes of himself a bad name. I think this country has gone PC mad as far as I see it it's others being racist about whites but that seems to be acceptable racism!
damn right!

marcus kicked their PC terrfied arse!

and they knew he would not role over like other peopel had and not talk up to the media!

and even if there is racism/ sexism/ homophobia - WHY does this need to be hidden from our TV?

society is full of prejudice. why all this deceit to try and mask and hide this on our tv?

it surpresses discussion and truth and poltically is censorship!

he was right not to become the scapegoat of the PC witch hunting BS that's full of lies,. double standards and hypocrisy!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:34 PM #13

Quote:

I agree with you, they were forced to give a warning even tho they couldn't give proper reasons for it but on the other hand they did showed the almost full reply of Marcus and I'm sure they agreed with him.

Big Brother hands are tied by so many rules and law, they cannot take a chance to get sued by a angry viewer.
Nebi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:38 PM #14

Favourites:
CBB8: Bobby
CBB7: Sov

Favourites:
CBB8: Bobby
CBB7: Sov

Quote:

Well said.
Qupp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:39 PM #15

Quote:
Originally posted by Nebi
Quote:

I agree with you, they were forced to give a warning even tho they couldn't give proper reasons for it but on the other hand they did showed the almost full reply of Marcus and I'm sure they agreed with him.

Big Brother hands are tied by so many rules and law, they cannot take a chance to get sued by a angry viewer.
which is why our media sucks so bad!

mary whitehouse brigade all over again!

i bet most of the production staff couldn't give a crap in hell about what marcus said,

but oh, nanny state has to worry what some whinging little, feeble minded, pious and ultimately idiotic complainer has to say - who probably do not even watch the show!

if you don't like it turn it over! do not try and kill our media and censor everythig we see!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:45 PM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Dezzy
Quote:

That's actually a great point +k.
Why, thank you Dez
Old 04-07-2009, 12:07 AM #17

Again I agree with you (Moveupandon) - BB is advertised as a live reality show therefore show the reality of racism, sexism, etc etc. Why hide something that we live with in society every day? If a housemate is guilty of one of the "ism's" nominate them, and if the general public have been upset by it then they get evicted. I thought that was how BB worked, but it all seems to be double standards. Marcus might come over as being aggresive, I personal think it is more that he is passionate and believes in what he says and at least he does express how he feels directly and does not bitch behind peoples backs.
wenroy13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:14 AM #18

Quote:
Originally posted by wenroy13
Again I agree with you (Moveupandon) - BB is advertised as a live reality show therefore show the reality of racism, sexism, etc etc. Why hide something that we live with in society every day? If a housemate is guilty of one of the "ism's" nominate them, and if the general public have been upset by it then they get evicted. I thought that was how BB worked, but it all seems to be double standards. Marcus might come over as being aggresive, I personal think it is more that he is passionate and believes in what he says and at least he does express how he feels directly and does not bitch behind peoples backs.
Amen to that!

So agree!

The Mary Whitehouse brigade can F--K off and just turn off!

And damn! Why shouldn't we see passion on our TV's!

It's like dealing with a baby this nanny state... if they can't see it it doesn't exist! What propagted crap!

That stops debate, makes people more fearful, slyer and never confront negative images in the media.... letting it run rife in outside society...

TV should not be this prescious little fantasy world!

It's reality bloody TV!!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:24 AM #19
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

I'm sorry, but I can't take Marcus's side on this and I think some people have found it easy to excuse Marcus's actions because Sree is an unpopular housemate. Marcus's response to his diary room grilling was completely irrational and he refused to own up to his use of threatening language. Imitating Sree's accent was a touch on the dodgy side too and, to be honest, Marcus should be more aporeciative of the fact that his actions may be perceived on the outside as racially insensitive.

I am not a fan of meddling and, if truth be told, I don't believe Big Brother should have intervened, but Marcus has done himself no favours and he deserves any backlash he gets. It's Endemol I feel sorry for.
BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:34 AM #20

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

Quote:
Originally posted by BB_Eye
I'm sorry, but I can't take Marcus's side on this and I think some people have found it easy to excuse Marcus's actions because Sree is an unpopular housemate. Marcus's response to his diary room grilling was completely irrational and he refused to own up to his use of threatening language. Imitating Sree's accent was a touch on the dodgy side too and, to be honest, Marcus should be more aporeciative of the fact that his actions may be perceived on the outside as racially insensitive.

I am not a fan of meddling and, if truth be told, I don't believe Big Brother should have intervened, but Marcus has done himself no favours and he deserves any backlash he gets. It's Endemol I feel sorry for.
you are in the minority. marcus was standing up for the country in that speech. pc gone mad. it's ruining what bb is all about

i admire his brutal honesty and not backing down.
kisywisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 PM #21

the aggresive side he would of accepted i think if big bro never mentioned the way he intimated sree accent.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:26 AM #22

Default Threatening or not??

I agree with all the support for Marcus' rant. If BB had chosen to run the conversation in the garden on a bit further then they would have included at least twice Marcus saying to Sree "I'm not threatening you...". I think even Marcus had forgotten that point in his rage at being tagged a racist? "Wolverine" has gone up yet again in my estimation. Not only has he a dark artistic skill but a determination and eloquence that continues to surprise.
geebag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:34 AM #23

Quote:

I think you're giving BB way too much credit here. They shat their pants in fear of the potential backlash and covered their asses.

What was left to pursue. He already got a formal warning?
smoops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big, bro, finished, marcus