Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:29 PM #1

Default Madonna Appreciation: Pt 2

Madonna Appreciation Thread part 2:

As I could not edit the other thread title I decided to create a new one, but here's part 1 of the first thread:
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=327117

Here's a reminder of the clues and updates that we've had so far about the new album:

The excitment started when she confirmed she was about to start working on new music in September of 2017...

In summary below you can review the related articles from the last year.

Wednesday January 17 2018

Wednesday January 17 2018

Just when you think things cannot get any better. The Daily Mail website www.dailymail.co.uk brings us exclusive photographs of the queen of pop leaving a recording studio in London! No word on producers yet. Stay tuned!

Friday January 19 2018

The first musicians / producers mentioned after yesterday on Madonna's Instagram are Brittany Talia Hazzard, known as Starrah, an American songwriter, singer and rapper, who have worked on Needed Me by Rihanna or Swish Swish by Katy Perry for example, and Mathieu Jomphe a.k.a. Billboard, who co-produced Madonna's single Ghosttown on her Rebel Heart album.

Friday January 19 2018

Since she revealed first two names related to her new album on her Instagram, Madonna has faced not only positive comments, but a lots of hate too. And we didn't have to wait long for her to speak. "Starrah is talented and amazing songwriter and human being! Some people see a woman of color with a baseball cap and assume I am making a hip hop record with rappers. And that is just some racist, stereotypical B.S.!!! That said I will make the record I want to make and do not have to explain or ask for permission to do what I want as an artist. Never have and never will. Do your research before you make assumptions! Nothing good to say? Then say nothing. Positive vibes only please! ♥" And Diplo added: "Yeh, she's actually the best there is. And you're the greatest of all time."

Sunday January 21 2018

Here is another Instagram photo from the first week of recording of Madonna's new album in Sarm West Studios, London. Besides Starrah and Billboard on the left, you can see Lauren d'Elia, who works as a vocal producer, engineer and writer, and Nick Jarjour from the Maverick Management. "Legendary week working in London w the fam and a very special artist. You'll hear soon!"

Saturday March 10 2018

Madonna knows how thirsty we are for her new music. She promised us, that she would return to a studio soon, and today she is sharing another new picture with microphone! "Yep... ♫ #wait" And Starrah and her manager liked the post. The second displayed picture was shared by Lauren d'Elia, who's in the studio in L.A. with Madonna.

Tuesday April 17 2018

The vocal producer and engineer Lauren D'Elia, who collaborates with Madonna on her forthcoming record, arrived in London, according to her Instagram. And Madonna herself added "♫ #soon" to her latest soccer mom post. The third evident recording session is at the beginning. And the today's Instagram video from the queen is just the top of the cake in this era of preparations of her new record: "No, this is not my new music. But I'm having fun in the studio in between takes! #music #mirwais #magic" Mirwais Ahmadzaï is a French record producer and songwriter, who collaborated with Madonna mainly on her Music (2000) and American Life (2003) albums. Lately he's been sharing pictures of Madonna for few months now.

Saturday April 21 2018

In the past few days, Madonna and Lauren D'Elia have shared few more pictures and video from the studio in London, to let us know they were busy recording the queen of pop's new album. Every post by Madonna has now hashtags #mirwais and #magic attached. A the Paradise (Not For Me) lyrics are very promising too.

Wednesday May 16 2018

In a caption to her new behind-the-scenes video from making of another MDNA Skin commercial, Madonna just mentioned she was finishing her new record! "Are we working on the state of our souls... Good question! Until then take good care of your skin #mdnaskin While i finish my record. ♥️ #music #magic #drip #skincare #life" And Lauren D'Elia keeps on posting pictures from studio, this week from Interscope Records in N.Y.C.

Thursday May 17 2018

Today afternoon Madonna shared a fan art by Aldo Diaz confirming her new music would be released very soon now: "Beautiful Game That I Never Learned... Coming Soon! #music #magic #mirwais" The hashtags used are suggesting the song was written and or produced with Mirwais Ahmadzaï.

Tuesday June 5 2018

Madonna is now recording songs for her upcoming album in Lisbon, Portugal, making it the first-time ever recording session outside an English speaking country. We can only speculate it might be because the queen of pop is collaborating with some local artists. Her vocal producer Lauren D'Elia arrived on Sunday and Mirwais' name appeared in today's post on Madonna's Instagram: "Cooking up something yummy today... ♥ #music #magic #mirwais #nohats"

Friday June 8 2018

According to her latest Instagram videos, Madonna invited Dino d'Santiago, a Portuguese singer / songwriter to participate on her new record. They were recording together yesterday, but interestingly they met already in September last year, when Madonna shared this video. After grown up in the south of Portugal and having participated in local Church choir, Dino moved to Lisbon and because of his experiences he got a chance to work as a vocalist for various hip hop and R&B musicians. In 2013 he released his solo album called Eva bridging the traditional Morna, Batuku, and Funaná with contemporary R&B and progressive electronic music. His new single is expected this coming fall.

Saturday June 9 2018
Based on updates posted on Madonna's Instagram in recent hours, the queen of pop's forthcoming album is shaping up to be a sonically unique masterpiece. The uploaded videos feature various chants with Batukaderas of Cabo Verde, who are likely to be featured on Madonna's new record. Batuku is a traditional local music genre and dance. The style was brought or invented by the first slaves that arrived to the archipelago and lives through these days in the islands of Santiago and Maio as an uncontested African heritage and testimonial of Cabo Verde's historical path. #music #magic #mirwias #newfriends #gratitude #music #butuku #creole are all widely used hashtags.

Sunday June 10 2018

French fansite www.news-of-madonna.com are reporting today, that Live Nation are already looking for arenas for Madonna to play in September or October 2019. Their sources in various agencies speak about Paris, Bordeaux or Montpellier. The fansite has been very reliable in the past, revealing the setlist of the Rebel Hear Tour for example. Madonna herself admited the tour possibility few days ago in one of her Instagram stories.

Thursday June 14 2018

Madonna and the master of minimalistic electronica Mirwais Ahmadzaï have just finished their third recording session. They both shared the same picture on Instagram. Madonna's caption was: "Session #3 finished with Disco God Mirwais #music #method #magic #mothership @mirwais.official" And Mirwais' one was even more interesting: "Some still sings 'My Way'. But the hyper talented @madonna has a method. A new method. #madonna #marlonbrando" It may be a reference to a Stanislavski's acting method, which is a range of training and rehearsal techniques, that seek to encourage sincere and emotionally expressive performances. It mobilizes the actor's conscious thought and will in order to activate other, less-controllable psychological processes. Mirwais Ahmadzaï is one of the most important personalities in Madonna's career. He was the main producer of the Music (2000) and American Life (2003) albums. He stands behind hits like Music or Die Another Day and fans' favorite classics like Don't Tell Me. He also collaborated on Future Lovers, Let It Will Be and Superpop in the Confessions On A Dance Floor era. Besides William Orbit, he's another producer and musician Madonna decided to return to after more than 10 years.

These other three pictures were taken and shared by Lauren D'Elia, who left Lisbon today.

Monday June 18 2018

Madonna's friends and photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott responsible for MDNA and Rebel Heart cover artworks, Madonna's her hairstylist Andy Lecompte and graphic designer Giovanni Bianco arrived to Lisbon today.

Saturday June 30 2018

Madonna and her The Rebel Heart Tour dancer Kupono Aweau have exchanged messages in a comment section to one of his Instagram posts teasing an upcoming tour coming next year. Madonna wrote: "Do you ever work?" and his response was: Hahahaha!!! Just finished the Vegas residency w/Boss man #rickymartin Waiting to go back on tour with YOU next year ♥ Miss u M!!! ♥"

Last edited by Nancy.; 29-12-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Nancy. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:33 PM #2

Wednesday September 19 2018
Madonna's been very productive recently and spent the first week of July recording songs for her upcoming album in London. Her vocal producer Lauren D'Elia is also there, and both shared similar videos using a new "magic" filter on their Instagram accounts. "#mood #mystic #magic #music" and a microphone emoji were in the caption.

Outrageous Monte Carlo Auction Includes Horseback Riding With Madonna In Portugal And More
This year the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation will hold its second Monte Carlo Gala for the Global Ocean, in the heart of Monte Carlo and will feature some of the most amazing live auction items ever offered. Madonna recently moved to Portugal and as part of this priceless opportunity invites the winning bidder to join her in Portugal for an afternoon of riding horses through the forest and the beach. The winning bidder and up to five guests will join the superstar for one of her favorite past times. You will spend an afternoon exploring the natural scenery on horseback with Madonna as your guide.
Private Album Preview With Madonna In Her Recording Studio In London • Madonna’s next album will be coming out soon, and before its release, she invites the winning bidder and up to three guests to join her in her London recording studio to preview some of the songs from the album with her.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobs.../#7abf61c4bd12

Thursday September 27 2018

Madonna has spent her recent days in London, putting final touches to her upcoming album and working around the clock to finish it on time: "What 4 hours of sleep looks like! Working. Hard... These dark circles are for all my fans ♥ #music #magic #comingsoon ♫"

Thursday October 4 2018
Madonna is teasing her new album once again. Although the queen of pop herself announced, her upcoming album will be released next year, she's making us know the tracks recorded with disco god Mirwais are still a thing: "I'm listening ♫ ♥ #music #Mirwais #magic"

Thursday October 25 2018

Madonna's manager Guy Oseary has flown to London to meet U2 and Madonna, probably to discuss there their future projects. The queen of pop has shared some memories from the beginning of the new album's creating process on Instagram: "Inspiration for my new Record all started here in Lisbon at Tejo bar with @dinodsantiago @vaniaduarte #fado #morna #funana #magic #music PT @mertalas"

Sunday October 28 2018
American hip hop record producer, audio engineer, and multi-instrumentalist Michael George Dean, widely known just as Mike Dean, tweeted a little tidbit, that he was going to do a final mixing of Madonna's new record. Today Madonna herself just confirmed his presence in the studio.
Mike Dean co-wrote and co-produced already few tracks on Madonna's previous album Rebel Heart including Illuminati, Holy Water, Inside Out and Wash All Over Me.

Sunday November 4th 2018
Madonna posts a very short clip on IG stories.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpwwMkDibTi/

and here's a fanmade loop to give you a better idea what it sounds like:
https://soundcloud.com/rob-jacobs-1/...beat-sample-02

New clip of a different track:
https://soundcloud.com/zrvlc/m-clip

Saturday November 10th 2018
Madonna posts a short clip of her in the studio on IG and in the distance is a whiteboard with all the album tracks listed and fans sharper the image to decifer what they are.

Monday 14th November 2018
Madonna has just shared another very interesting video on IG/twitter. The caption says: "A Glimpse of Things to Come... ♫ Tiffin's Childers Choir! #music #magic #mirwais #mikedean"

Thursday November 15th 2018
Since the last list was posted Madonna has now approved all of the songs except the last blank one and Mirwais has finished two mixes of songs!

Last edited by Nancy.; 16-11-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:26 PM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

When do we think the next albums's coming?

JML is the next one to absolute scalp me... it's like the prequel to Erotica. Perfectly blending erotica and romance

That beat The male backing vocals

And the things Madonna says give me goosebumps... "I want your baby" "I want to make love on the train...cross-country"
TomC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:22 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
When do we think the next albums's coming?
If we go by the timeline for the last three album releases fans are expecting it to come out between March-April, but it appears the first single is ready to go so maybe a little earlier...

Hard Candy - April
MDNA - March
Rebel Heart - April

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
JML is the next one to absolute scalp me... it's like the prequel to Erotica. Perfectly blending erotica and romance

That beat The male backing vocals

And the things Madonna says give me goosebumps... "I want your baby" "I want to make love on the train...cross-country"

JML could quite possibly be the most sexiest song ever - I just love how effortlessly sexy her voice is throughout - this as well as the fact that Lenny Kravitz did backing vocals makes it even hotter.
Not only did it peak at #1 in the USA and #2 in the UK, the video made global headlines for being so controversial that it was banned all around the world. An icon of her calibre had never really done anything as explicit as that before.
The video by todays standards isn't that shocking but back in 1990 it caused such an uproar that she felt she had to defend it on Nightline...

Last edited by Nancy.; 06-11-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:47 AM #5

As the video was banned, Madonna (being the genius she is) decided to sell it as a video single - which ended up being the BEST SELLING MUSIC VIDEO SINGLE OF ALL TIME.

http://www.madonna-decade.co.uk/justify-my-love1.html

Old 06-11-2018, 09:37 AM #6
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

part 2 of Madge appreciation thread

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:48 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
part 2 of Madge appreciation thread
Old 06-11-2018, 09:52 AM #8
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

ok sorry if this is a bit controversial, but this interview was long time ago, and now that Janet Jackson has received global icon award at the ema's on sunday, i am curious if Madge is still against Janet

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Old 06-11-2018, 10:02 AM #9

Quote:

ok sorry if this is a bit controversial, but this interview was long time ago, and now that Janet Jackson has received global icon award at the ema's on sunday, i am curious if Madge is still against Janet
It's the other way around, Nicky. Janet started trashing Madonna around 1993 when she released "Janet" (A year after Madonna's "Erotica" era).

Last edited by Nancy.; 06-11-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:03 AM #10
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

ok i see, i never get those rivalries anyway

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Old 06-11-2018, 10:11 AM #11

Quote:
ok i see, i never get those rivalries anyway
Janet is quite the hypocrite though...she said "What she does has class to it", meaning Madonna hasn't, yet 5 years later started singing about her v a g i n a and sucking ****.

I think it's all jealousy on their part because Madonna has done exeptionally well for herself and sold more than any other female artist. Basic bitches have been dragging her since the 80's and it's still going on to this day.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:53 AM #12

A M fan turned the sample into a loop to give you a better idea what it sounds like...

https://soundcloud.com/rob-jacobs-1/...beat-sample-02

I can't stop dancing to it.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:28 AM #13
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

love some of the comments below this

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Old 07-11-2018, 10:52 AM #14

Quote:

love some of the comments below this
Glad you appreciate a real artist Nicky.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:56 AM #15
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

offtopic from Madge, but i appreciate this music too, Marc Anthony is a daddy

fun fact, the dancer in this mv is Natalie Martinez, who played Linda on under the dome, and has also been backing dancer for Marc's ex Jennifer Lopez

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Old 07-11-2018, 11:02 AM #16

Quote:

offtopic from Madge, but i appreciate this music too, Marc Anthony is a daddy

fun fact, the dancer in this mv is Natalie Martinez, who played Linda on under the dome, and has also been backing dancer for Marc's ex Jennifer Lopez
Great beat, Nicky... I haven't watched Under The Dome yet, but i've been recording all the episodes until I get chance to view them. Is it any good?
Old 08-11-2018, 11:23 AM #17

Old 08-11-2018, 12:18 PM #18
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Old 08-11-2018, 01:02 PM #19

I'm hungry too, Madge.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:26 PM #20
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):

luv the black & white usage of the i want you music vid

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Old 08-11-2018, 02:27 PM #21

Quote:
luv the black & white usage of the i want you music vid
Yeah, she looks gorgeous in that video.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:06 PM #22

Old 10-11-2018, 09:22 AM #23

Madonna posted a new IG story and there's a board in the background with 15 song titles on... some are hard to make out but fans have sharpened the image and can so far read:

-"Killers"

-"Future"

-"Extreme Occident""

-"Dark Ballet"

-"God Control"

-"Crazy"

-"Loca"

-"Come Alive"

Last edited by Nancy.; 16-11-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:52 PM #24

Nice Rogers (Producer of "Like A Virgin" album) is planning to oversee the remastering of it, so I can't wait... the last remaster was 2001 - we need a new one with all the trimmings.

Last edited by Nancy.; 10-11-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:28 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy. View Post
Madonna posted a new IG story and there's a board in the background with 15 song titles on... some are hard to make out but fans have sharpened the image and can so far read:

-"Killers"

-"Future"

-"Extreme Occident"

-"Dark Bullet"

-"God Control"

-"Crazy"

-"Loca"

-"Come Alive"

Madonna fans have been doing some great detective work and said "Extreme Occident" is a term used to indicate “the Western world”, so that will DEFINATELY be a politically charged song.

Last edited by Nancy.; 10-11-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
#1, 14th, 17th, 2nd, 58, 7th, album, apparently, appreciation, batuka, clip, collaboration, countries, crave, dark, dark ballet, friday, future, god control, hair, june, life, lisbon, madame x, madonna, magic, maluma, music, news, night, opening, part, pop, pt, queen, sept, shoots, single, song, thread, title, tour, updates, video