Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: Should they?
Yes 5 38.46%
Yes
5 38.46%
No 8 61.54%
No
8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-01-2020, 08:20 AM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Default Should men be able to stay overnight in maternity wards?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ity-wards.html

Was watching this with my wife yesterday

Firstly the way these women were talking about men was totally disrespectful, as usual on loose women, completely disrespectful to men yet all bang on about we should all be equal blah blah

But its an interesting topic and one that infuriated me watching them talk about it

So the point being made is should men be able to stay overnight in maternity wards?

I do honestly get the point that there are single mothers in there. Also most women will want privacy. I get that

But these women were making out dads just fall asleep in the wards treating it like a hotel while they play on their ipads or phones and eat chinese takeaway....

Well for me I think we should get to stay overnight to help with the newborn baby.

When my daughter was born my wife was in labour for a really long time. It actually took a lot of hours before a delivery ward was available to go to. My wife then had her. I got to spend an hour at most with her before I got told I had to go home. Id already spent all that length of time supporting my wife, to then briefly meet my daughter and then get thrown out seemed a bit unfair, not to mention it was in the middle of the night the drive home was surreal and also to know id be going back to the hospital 2 or 3 hours later....i didnt see the point...not to mention it was our firstborn my wife was really struggling in the night, obviously she was in a lot of pain and struggling to breastfeed this left her really upset. If i was there I would have been able to comfort her but look after the baby while she slept. Surely that helps the midwives out a bit?!

When my son was born again it was a long long wait as my it was an induced labour. I was allowed to stay overnight that night on a chair while we waited for a delivery ward again. Then again when my wife finally gave birth i got about 20 mins with him before I got thrown out again

Who knows what will happen this time around?

But yeah what are your thoughts?

I think men should be allowed to stay with their wife and baby. As long as you have curtains around and your respectful to the surroundings whats the problem

But yeah loose women are disgusting to men

Last edited by Strictly Jake; 16-01-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Strictly Jake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
maternity, men, overnight, stay, wards