Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-07-2015, 11:27 AM #11
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'm sure they're transcendent or something. I was only worried because you read - even quoted - one phrase ("most people") and misinterpreted it as another ("everyone"). However, given your supreme intellect and the wealth of letters both before and after your name, I can only assume that you were being disingenuous rather than simply stupid.

They do indeed. None of them are "Cecil" or anything approaching Cecil. Cecil. Cecil, the Lion. Errhhhhhh.

There are plenty of animals that do actually, though it could be argued that they do so instinctually as a form of practice. Then again, along the same lines you could argue that humans are instinctually driven to do the same, as we are after all omnivorous animals when you strip it right back.

I'm not going to disagree that humans can be the most capable of cruelty and depravity of any animal. Like I also said, "it depends on the human", there are plenty of human lives I'd gladly see traded for poor noble Cecil's. Serial killers, Child abusers, Iain Duncan Smith, etc... However, there is absolutely no evidence at all that this unfortunate, faceless, NAMELESS immigrant at Calais was any of those things, or anything more than a desperate person hopelessly seeking a better life. So yeah. It's worse than a lion.
You know, you could have had a wealth of letters after your name too. It's not my fault you haven't.

1) You said "we live in a society that personifies animals and dehumanises foreigners". You didn't refer to "part" of that society, you referred to society itself.

2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Lake

3) Still waiting for someone to tell me regarding these unfortunate faceless (not nameless, they all have names) tide of immigrants at Calais... how many "safe" countries did they pass through to get to Calais and why do they want to come here?
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cecil, dead, lion, migrant, sudanese