Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2015 [S12] Series 12 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Simon, Rita Ora, Cheryl and Nick Grimshaw ran from August to December 2015 and was won by Louisa Johnson.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-11-2015, 04:00 PM #1
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Default Sam Bailey says X Factor should be axed

Quote:
Former X Factor winner Sam Bailey reckons that The X Factor has reached its end.

Writing in her latest X Factor column for bookmakers Ladbrokes, Sam suggested that with falling ratings the show is "coming to the end of its shelf life"

She explained: "It’s been a great platform for launching new talent over the years and I wouldn't be stood in my extended kitchen without the show, but it seems to have gotten a little stale and unless there are drastic changes afoot it might be time to pull the plug."

Sam quipped: "ITV have snapped up The Voice from 2017 and if that doesn’t put a rocket up Simon Cowell’s bum, nothing will."

The 2013 winner suggested a new panel with "credible judges" like Tom Jones or Gary Barlow and "genuine contestants from the streets" were the way to go, also saying that the show should encourage "song writing and musicianship were encouraged".

Sam said: "I was over the moon to work with Gary Barlow. I loved him growing up and was amazed to be working with him and getting constructive criticism from someone with such experience. I wouldn’t have that same feeling if the comments were to come from the likes of Nick Grimshaw."

And she went on to claim that "it’s just a matter of time until they pull the plug on [The X Factor UK] unless there are some drastic changes," adding: "I think they should ask the viewers what they want and maybe have one last throw of the dice next year.

Sam Bailey is Ladbrokes' X Factor ambassador, to read more of her weekly thoughts on the show visit http://news.ladbrokes.com/

Read more: http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv...#ixzz3siD4QXYi
Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook
Is this bitch still trying to stay relevant

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
axed, Sam Bailey, x factor