Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2017, 09:52 AM #11
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post

No I think you will find that is you and you have not comprehended what I am saying, I have not gone to great lengths such as providing links and proof that throat slitting is painless, I have not said stunning is a great idea, what I have said is I think slitting throats might not be such a stress free experience as is being promoted, so in view of that promotion would the same people promoting the idea of throat slitting as a kinder way to die, be okay with other animals having their throats slit outside the meat industry if there were going to die...whether this be culling or some psycho killing animals is just an example and not one to be taken to heart like you have done.
But you're making points that just don't exist? The methods used for culling animals are horrific! YES it would be far better if we could cut their throats. Do you think culling methods are selected based on being kind? They're selected based on what is cheapest and most effective. Usually poison which is pretty much the worst way to die imaginable.

If you're talking about animal euthanasia, sure, the lethal injection given lets them pass away peacefully. It also would contaminate the meat so is completely irrelevant to the meat industry.

So all you're asking is, outside of the context of the meat industry, "How should we kill animals"? We shouldn't, is the answer... I don't understand what you're getting at, at all.

The ONLY relevant question is, is throat-slitting worse than stunning and killing. I have no idea how or why you're trying to transfer just the "throat slitting" part over to an example of other random animal killings in an attempt to "make people see that cutting something's throat is bad". Yes it's bad. Killing animals is bad! We do it for selfish reasons, and the animals suffer. What is your point otherwise? I can't imagine you do have one UNLESS you are trying to say that while throat cutting "is bad", bolting/electrocuting "isn't bad", which would be a very confusing standpoint.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
boycott, council, faves, meals, muslim, school