Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: What’s your MBTI type?
INFJ (the philosophical, psychologically-attuned advocate) 2 22.22%
INFJ (the philosophical, psychologically-attuned advocate)
2 22.22%
ENFP (the ambivalently steadfast campaigner and big-time introverted extrovert) 0 0%
ENFP (the ambivalently steadfast campaigner and big-time introverted extrovert)
0 0%
ENTP (the debater) 0 0%
ENTP (the debater)
0 0%
ISFP/Paul McCartney (the artist/sublime musician/metaphysical moon-walker) 1 11.11%
ISFP/Paul McCartney (the artist/sublime musician/metaphysical moon-walker)
1 11.11%
ENFJ (the protagonist, the outspoken advocate) 0 0%
ENFJ (the protagonist, the outspoken advocate)
0 0%
ENTJ (the field-marshall/visionary business-pragmatist) 0 0%
ENTJ (the field-marshall/visionary business-pragmatist)
0 0%
ESFJ (the social diligence provider; the Britney with a heart) 0 0%
ESFJ (the social diligence provider; the Britney with a heart)
0 0%
ESTJ (the bossy gossip) 0 0%
ESTJ (the bossy gossip)
0 0%
ESFP (Disney-outfit at a wedding) 0 0%
ESFP (Disney-outfit at a wedding)
0 0%
INFP (the healing counsellor who feels every shade of internal emotion under the sun) 4 44.44%
INFP (the healing counsellor who feels every shade of internal emotion under the sun)
4 44.44%
INTJ (the mastermind who’ll entertain the odd conspiracy theory) 0 0%
INTJ (the mastermind who’ll entertain the odd conspiracy theory)
0 0%
INTP (your polished barrister or typical socially-awkward genius) 1 11.11%
INTP (your polished barrister or typical socially-awkward genius)
1 11.11%
ISFJ (your nurturing protector) 0 0%
ISFJ (your nurturing protector)
0 0%
ISTJ (the inspector) 0 0%
ISTJ (the inspector)
0 0%
ESTP/Bart Simpson (the daring skater-boy/promoter) 0 0%
ESTP/Bart Simpson (the daring skater-boy/promoter)
0 0%
ISTP (ESTP but with more mechanical maverick and lone-wolf tendencies) 0 0%
ISTP (ESTP but with more mechanical maverick and lone-wolf tendencies)
0 0%
I honestly haven’t got a clue/I feel mixed 1 11.11%
I honestly haven’t got a clue/I feel mixed
1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-04-2024, 01:03 AM #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Too true, I suppose.

I wouldn't have had myself down as a thinker personally, but maybe I'm misunderstanding myself.
The path to fully understanding yourself and all your quirks is lifelong, Mock. Other people might not understand exactly where you’re coming from all the time but the beauty of being your own person (which everyone besides Siamese twins is) is that no-one knows you better than ... you know yourself. Heck, each Siamese twin is still their own person.

Family and friends might know you well but they haven’t actually walked a single minute in your shoes, let-alone a lifetime of however many years/decades. What they don’t know is what it fully feels like to be you every waking second of every day. They don’t know what you might just take to the grave or every thought you have and sometimes you yourself might not be fully aware of the complexity of your thoughts until you stop for a minute and try and break them down.

You can seem so different at some point in your life to people who only knew a few sides of one stage of you but people evolve more often than they actually become completely different people. That sorta characteristic thinking-like side to you might evolve more with time but it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t. It’s not a bad thing at all either way. So long as you keep getting to know yourself and sit with it.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude, don’t go hanging on to negativity and don’t go underselling yourself. That is all.

Last edited by Redway; 16-04-2024 at 01:13 AM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2024, 05:45 AM #2
MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
The path to fully understanding yourself and all your quirks is lifelong, Mock. Other people might not understand exactly where you’re coming from all the time but the beauty of being your own person (which everyone besides Siamese twins is) is that no-one knows you better than ... you know yourself. Heck, each Siamese twin is still their own person.

Family and friends might know you well but they haven’t actually walked a single minute in your shoes, let-alone a lifetime of however many years/decades. What they don’t know is what it fully feels like to be you every waking second of every day. They don’t know what you might just take to the grave or every thought you have and sometimes you yourself might not be fully aware of the complexity of your thoughts until you stop for a minute and try and break them down.

You can seem so different at some point in your life to people who only knew a few sides of one stage of you but people evolve more often than they actually become completely different people. That sorta characteristic thinking-like side to you might evolve more with time but it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t. It’s not a bad thing at all either way. So long as you keep getting to know yourself and sit with it.
Thanks Redway, I think that I understand what you're saying, and I do agree with you tbh.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mbti, type, what’s