Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:46 PM #201
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Joe Rogan knows her and spoke on the phone with her about it.
He talks about what she said here.

Huh.. Kevin Smith is on this? Will have to listen to this later. I don't really watch much Joe Rogan, but depending on who he interviews, I may watch his show.

I've heard a lot of bad things about Ambien in general, particularly from family members. A few of my doctors have tried to put me on it a few times for insomnia and I always say no... I was on another medication that caused severe memory loss and other problems. I couldn't drive for a year, as I would just "zone out" and potentially could weave into oncoming traffic... but that isn't something you only just notice after a bad tweet.. if the effects are that severe, then it's maybe a bad idea to keep that within fingertips if they're a person who is prone to word vomit... which is possible for her if her bipolar is severe enough... but being that she is a celebrity, she has to take extra steps given celebrity is always going to be held to a ridiculous standard regardless... I don't know if that is "political" per say as that has always been true. So it's not really her company's fault if she acts in such a way that damages the brand... though I agree with the video, they called it very quickly. They may have already been witness to her state in other ways if you know what i mean and they only that deemed acceptable enough to tolerate for their brand as long as it stayed private and with the crew... after all, this is Hollywood... sexual harassment, drug addiction and mental illness on set?... that's part of the norm probably... it's also possible they were on the edge of making this call other past grievances on social media... I know there's a list of things she's said in the past and they may have briefed her to remain behind a certain line or risk these types of consequences... she may have disregarded those prior PR instructions in their mind about not to pushing the envelope and they may have felt their hands were tied once she crossed the line...
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:01 PM #202
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Seeing as she's now been publically flogged, that could have just been a profitable ploy.

They gain a successful show to boost their ratings, and as soon as Roseanne says something a bit risqué, we can pin a racist label on her. "Look everyone, Trump supporters are all racist" It's win win.
I don't know that they even thought her show would be successful even... maybe some initial high ratings due to nostalgia, but a drop off after a point.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:19 PM #203
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/09/rosean...up/?adid=hero1

Quote:
'Roseanne' Reboot There's One Big Hang-Up ... Roseanne!!!

ABC is still all-in on moving forward with a second "Roseanne" reboot -- this one revolving around Sara Gilbert's character -- but there's a major issue to resolve ... ownership.

Sources close to the production tell TMZ ... because Roseanne Barr created the show with the original executive producers, she has a financial stake in it and its characters. It's unclear which specific ones she created, but we're told the network is doing its due diligence to avoid a lawsuit.

It's very possible, we're told, that Roseanne could put her foot down and say there will be no revamped reboot unless she gets a piece of the pie. However, if she's making dough off the new version, it defeats the purpose of canceling the show after her racist comment.

We broke the story ... ABC execs kicked negotiations into high gear earlier this week in hopes of announcing the new show ASAP, but now we know -- there's more work to do

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abc, blowout, cancelled, cancels, comments, controversial, hollywood, ratings, roseanne, star, stuns, update