Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB5 Nadia, Michelle, Stuart, Jason and the rest of the Big Brother 5 housemates.

Old 13-09-2004, 09:09 PM #1
Oldgit

Oldgit

Default Michelle and Stuart in Bath Together

No, not the Victorian one in the Brighton hotel room, as described in Heat, but the City of Bath, follow

http://www.thisisbath.com/displayNode.jsp?...tentPK=10943540 for the full details.

I find articles like this more interesting because you get a better idea of their relationship when they aren't posing for the press. They seem to be a very "together" couple.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2004, 09:19 PM #2

I can't actually get the page up... have they been to Bath then ... shame I live about Half and Hour away from Bath
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2004, 09:24 PM #3
Oldgit

Oldgit

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy
I can't actually get the page up... have they been to Bath then ... shame I live about Half and Hour away from Bath
There are problems with getting this page to display, the link was working for me fine until about 10 minutes ago, maybe it's in demand!

The article actually reads as follows (hope this doesn't cause any problems):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIG BROTHER COUPLE SPEND WEEKEND SEEING CITY'S SIGHTS

12:02 - 13 September 2004
Lovebirds from reality TV show Big Brother checked into a Bath hotel at the weekend. Michelle Bass and Stuart Wilson, who were propelled to minor celebrity status in the latest series of the hit programme, booked into the Travelodge on Friday afternoon.

The hotel in George Street is in the heart of the city's nightlife and popular with young couples during weekends.

The wannabe glamour model and her student lover, who have appeared on magazine covers since being evicted, were said to be relaxed and casual when they arrived.

They booked into a double room with en suite facilities under the name Wilson shortly after 4pm. The room set them back just £70.

The 23-year-old Geordie, well-known for always uttering the word "chicken", has said she wants to marry Mr Wilson, 20.

The couple's relationship, which was forged during nine weeks in the house watched by millions of TV viewers, is reported to have been highly lucrative for them since the show ended.

A guest at the hotel, who was staying in a room close to the couple, said he could not believe his eyes when they walked in.

Ms Bass arrived in knee-high boots, a short skirt and brown top and Stuart wore jeans and a white T-shirt.

The guest said: "They looked like they would be going out clubbing. They were not wearing all that make-up and foundation, and I did not recognise them at first.

"It is superb that they have come to Bath and will go around the attractions. They seemed quite happy to mix with the rest of us. They had no entourage and seemed casual and relaxed.

"I think it is romantic they are still together. You wonder if people are false on TV and if it is just for the cameras, but they seemed really down-to-earth."

The hotel could not confirm Mr Wilson and Ms Bass were guests of the hotel but said a "celebrity couple" had booked a room.
Old 13-09-2004, 09:38 PM #4

Thanks Oldgit
Old 15-09-2004, 11:29 AM #5

I went to Bath on Saturday - how upset am I not to have missed them. LOL.

The Travelodge is a bit down market - £70 a night, would have thought they could have afforded something better than that. There are some lovely hotels in Bath. But then again (being nasty and I apologise to all Michelle and Stuart lovers) they were paying for it themselves werent they.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 05:29 PM #6

There's also articles where they were in Brighton and Cambridge and they do seem to be very happy! Don't know what is going to happen when Stu returns to uni though.
FallenAngel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 07:48 PM #7
Oldgit

Oldgit

Quote:
Originally posted by BusyBee
The Travelodge is a bit down market - £70 a night, would have thought they could have afforded something better than that. There are some lovely hotels in Bath. But then again (being nasty and I apologise to all Michelle and Stuart lovers) they were paying for it themselves werent they.
Oooohh! Get you! Miiaaaaowww! etc

It's not as if they're mega-rich, they may not even have been paid yet, but why should they try to adopt a "Celeb" lifestyle? They know the publicity will stop one day, and, like Helen and Paul, they will have to live a normal life.

Anyway, £70 a night is quite a lot, more than I ever want to pay!
Old 17-09-2004, 08:19 AM #8

Sorry Oldgit - I did apologise to you Michelle and Stuart lovers and I can assure you £70 a night for a hotel in Bath IS cheap. Most of them (cos its a tourist town) are a lot more than that.
Old 18-09-2004, 04:10 PM #9
WAHEY

Favourites:
BB12: Jay
BB11: John James

WAHEY

Favourites:
BB12: Jay
BB11: John James

they will split soon, ne 1 agree?
Kore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-09-2004, 05:03 PM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Kore
they will split soon, any 1 agree?
I agree Kore, I think this relationship will last till OK magazine gets bored of paying them silly amounts of money to appear in the mag... I could be wrong though and they may well last forever!
Old 18-09-2004, 07:36 PM #11
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kore
they will split soon, any 1 agree?
So do you want them to split?

Do people still consider Michelle worse than Myra Hindley and that Stuart can not get away?

Why do you want this to fail?

Some people meet their life partner when they are in their teens and they stay together for life.

I know couples who did precisely that, do you want them to split up too?
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-09-2004, 11:10 PM #12
Oldgit

Oldgit

Sticks, I think that the way the relationship between Michelle and Stuart was portrayed on the highlights of BB is responsible for a lot of negativity towards these two. As far as I am concerned, the question that needed answering was: is the relationship genuine? I would have to say yes, if only because of the sightings of them that have taken place away from media opportunities. The whole point of posting about them being seen in Cambridge, Ely and Bath is that they were not there for a press shoot, they were there as a couple, and people saw them.

As for the C4 editing, I was off sick during the latter part of BB. I did not intend to watch it but I was bored and got sucked in, and I found Michelle the most fascinating character ever. There was a lot about her I didn't like, but more about her I did. There was no act for the cameras. She was not in control of her feelings. She was headstrong and forward yet at times toughingly shy. She was selfish and grabbed the centre of attention, but other times was self-sacrificing and caring. Just like a rounded out human being, really.

So I saw a lot of daytime E4 stuff, and one thing I especially noticed was that Stuart was as smitten with Michelle as she was with him, but was more aware of the cameras. It's amazing how showing part of an incident can give a completely different impression than all of it.

People said Stuart would run a mile when he leaves BB. Well he hasn't. My take on it was that if anyone called off the relationship, it would probably be Michelle, because I thought she was possibly a bit too adult for him. If you read between the lines in the Heat interview, he finds it harder being away from her than she does from him. But there has been a report by a forum member at www.michellebass.info who spoke to Jordan at the recent Disney awards. She said that the Shell and Jordan shoot in Star/OK had been planned some time ago (you would guess whilst BB was still going on) and it had been planned for Michelle, but that Michelle is refusing that kind of stuff at the moment! Also that Michelle has been offered loads to get her kit off for the cameras but isn't taking.

You can take from that what you will, and a cynical observation would be that she is saving it for later. But also possible and more persuasively in my view, she does not want to do anything to undermine her relationship with Stuart. You could see that in BB as some of her antics (bare breast, nakedness, snogging girls to name a few) ceased when they met with his disapproval.

Will it last? Well the odds have shortened considerably. Bookies were offering 50-1 against a marriage, you won't get anything near that now. Is it a genuine relationship? Without a doubt, yes.
Old 19-09-2004, 07:08 AM #13

I give it untill January
shellspeare is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 01:14 PM #14

Quote:
I give it untill January
Yeah. January 2050.

Michelle and Stuart have as much chance of a stable relationship as do any other people of their age group.

The BB experience is a big bonding asset with those that get on in the house so don't underestimate the possible longevity of their relationship either for financial or romantic reasons.....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2004, 08:08 AM #15

I would like to see the relationship succeed, but for some reason I dont think it will. Good on Michelle if she is turning down work because she doesnt think Stuart would like it, but will she resent the fact that she isnt getting her dream of being a glamour model. I presume Stuart is taking time off from University and if he is - how will he react.

Real life is very different from the fabricated world of BB and those two still have a lot of adjusting to do.
Old 20-09-2004, 07:28 PM #16

Personaly I think she is mistaken to turn down work that was in her dreams to do for the sake of a very very young man who might decide Michelle is not the ever lasting girl for him for what ever reasons.

She needs a man that is accepting of HER ambitions and loves in life. She should not mould herself to please someone else but find instead someone that will accept her warts and all.

If you have to sacrifice major ambitions to keep a relationship then that relationship will indeed be doomed in the long run and golden oportunities missed that could leave a sense of resentments in the future.
Old 20-09-2004, 07:50 PM #17
Oldgit

Oldgit

Is it because Stuart doesn't approve? Or because she THINKS he won't? Or because of the relationship she doesn't feel the need to? Or simply that she's saving it for later?

Who knows? Michelle does seem to be the most sought after (by the media) of all the housemates this year and it could be that she is just being advised by her agent.

But if you look at all the insecurities she displayed in the house, it is possible that she is happy with the situation, as long as the relationship continues, because it may have changed her priorities.

I just find it amusing that Shell seems to be turning into what Michelle was supposed to be!
Old 20-09-2004, 07:58 PM #18

It is a amusing or ironic about Shell I agree but does not come as any real surprise. She was so keen to get her kit off big style showing she was well and truly comfortable in doing so..

Nether have done anything all that terrible these days and if they can get themselves a good finacial start in life out of their BB adventure. Good luck to them...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bath, michelle, stuart