Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-06-2018, 09:34 AM #51
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

People shouldn't drive, its their own fault if they get in an accident. You dared to cross a road and got knocked down? Shouldn't have left your house when you can get Amazon to deliver.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 09:53 AM #52
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

LOL Bots... exactly.

I can never understand why the Conservative Party allow people like this to continue to stand. This man is undermining parliamentary procedure and bringing the party into disrepute. Surely that's enough to kick him out and make way for a by election. It's a disgrace that ridiculous dinosaurs should be allowed to represent people.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 09:55 AM #53

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Can i just point out that this law camw into effect in scotland because of old perverted women.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 10:02 AM #54
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Can i just point out that this law camw into effect in scotland because of old perverted women.
Without wishing to sound sexist, Parm... at least I can see why someone would want an upskirt shot of a woman. An upskirt shot of a man in a kilt just doesn't bear thinking about. Who'd want that shot? Hanging there like the last turkey in the shop...

Last edited by Livia; 16-06-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 16-06-2018, 10:04 AM #55
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Without wishing to sound sexist, Parm... at least I can see why someone would want an upskirt shot of a woman. An upskirt shot of a man in a kilt just doesn't bear thinking about. Who'd want that shot? Hanging there like the last turkey in the shop...
i never go out without a bow tie on
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 10:08 AM #56
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i never go out without a bow tie on
A bow tie on? On WHAT??
Old 16-06-2018, 10:26 AM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Dont forget the brussel sprouts.
Old 16-06-2018, 10:29 AM #58
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Dont forget the brussel sprouts.
i love brussel sprouts, first as a child i disliked them but now i love them

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 10:31 AM #59
Sod orf

Sod orf

Does this mean the upskirting world championships is gonna get cancelled? All that practice for nothing.

Last edited by Alf; 16-06-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 11:09 AM #60

The PM is saying she will bring into Law.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 11:24 AM #61

Quote:

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 11:31 AM #62
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
The PM is saying she will bring into Law.
I am glad that all of the Tory MPs are rallying against him.

Spoiler:

ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB): 6th/12

I'm a TiBB Member 4: 3rd/16 & Highest Placed All-Star (1st/8)
TiBB on Ice: 4th/15
ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB) 2: 3rd/17
TiBB OTT3: 2nd/13
Underscore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 11:33 AM #63
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
I am glad that all of the Tory MPs are rallying against him.

Old 16-06-2018, 11:37 AM #64
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
I used to know a wife of an evangelist who would take issue with you on that.

She had absolutely no sympathy for women who complained about sexual harassment from men, because these women were wearing sexually provocative and enticing clothing. Her rebuff to these women was "If you are not selling, don't advertise"

This gets back to my analogy of the house holder, are you saying that people should be allowed to go out, leave their doors and windows unlocked, and not expect to be robbed by any passing thief. Of course householders don't do that, when we go out, we make sure windows and doors are locked, and those of us with them set burglar alarms. We take precautions because we live in a fallen world.

I thought feminism was about women taking more control of their lives, so they should take control of what they wear, taking into account that some men are uncouth and hedonistic. Surely this is the equivalent of locking a front door, again it is not rocket science.

Why do we need to waste valuable parliamentary time, when women have the ability to prevent this antisocial activity by adjusting what they wear? We need all the parliamentary time there is to sort out Brexit...
She sounds like an absolute twat of a person tbh.

People have a right to wear what they want without fear of being attacked, they have a right not to be blamed for the actions of others. No matter how you cut it you are blaming victims in place of condemning their harassers/attackers and citing an awful woman as an example doesn't change that, using the female equivalent of 'my friend is black so it's okay' doesn't validate your argument.

You are ultimately part of the problem, your attitude is indicative of why so many women will continue to suffer in silence because the system makes that preferable to reporting these crimes and having the victims be the ones on trial.

The fact that, in your posts on this subject, I don't think I've seen a single line of condemnation towards people who commits these acts says it all really. You believe in victim blaming, you are an apologist.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 11:46 AM #65
Sod orf

Sod orf

This is bad news for Sunday Sport readers. No more celebrity upskirts, which pretty much makes Sam Heuston redundent.

No more headlines saying "See her clacker, it's a cracker"
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 12:10 PM #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
This is bad news for Sunday Sport readers. No more celebrity upskirts, which pretty much makes Sam Heuston redundent.

No more headlines saying "See her clacker, it's a cracker"

Sure.

This all started from a Young Lady
at a outside concert festival . After the Fella photographed
up her skirt, she grabbed his phone
took it to the Police there
who then said they can not do much about it.
She wants a new law.

Last edited by arista; 16-06-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 16-06-2018, 12:12 PM #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
I used to know a wife of an evangelist who would take issue with you on that.

She had absolutely no sympathy for women who complained about sexual harassment from men, because these women were wearing sexually provocative and enticing clothing. Her rebuff to these women was "If you are not selling, don't advertise"

This gets back to my analogy of the house holder, are you saying that people should be allowed to go out, leave their doors and windows unlocked, and not expect to be robbed by any passing thief. Of course householders don't do that, when we go out, we make sure windows and doors are locked, and those of us with them set burglar alarms. We take precautions because we live in a fallen world.

I thought feminism was about women taking more control of their lives, so they should take control of what they wear, taking into account that some men are uncouth and hedonistic. Surely this is the equivalent of locking a front door, again it is not rocket science.

Why do we need to waste valuable parliamentary time, when women have the ability to prevent this antisocial activity by adjusting what they wear? We need all the parliamentary time there is to sort out Brexit...
What exactly are you annoyed about? That your "right" to peer up a non-consenting woman's skirt has the potential of being taken away from you? Poor you. Meanwhile, woman are being made to feel uncomfortable on a day-to-day basis because of men who aren't getting any back at home.
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 12:32 PM #68
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
What exactly are you annoyed about? That your "right" to peer up a non-consenting woman's skirt has the potential of being taken away from you? Poor you. Meanwhile, woman are being made to feel uncomfortable on a day-to-day basis because of men who aren't getting any back at home.
Ashley
That is close to libel, I have no wish to engage in such an obnoxious activity. Do not ascribe to me motives you think I have for not jumping on a favoured bandwagon and putting forward an alternative viewpoint.

This is tantamount to mud slinging, which is never appropriate in a debate.

Dezzy

I cite that lady I mentioned, because it was a counter argument to the Jodie Foster film - The Accused argument, which you are citing, and it did not come from a man as one might expect. It was a women commenting on other women and how they need to take some responsibility over how they prevent unwanted attention from certain reprobate men instead of playing the victim.

You complain of a lack of a line of condemnation of this antisocial activity, I thought when I said "taking into account that some men are uncouth and hedonistic." would have covered it. I am referring to such men in a negative light with condemnatory words, such as uncouth and hedonistic. By use of such language it should be obvious that I was not endorsing such actions by those individuals.

If that was too subtle, then of course I condemn those who do this antisocial and [insert descriptive word of your choice] activity.

I would not be an apologist for such deviants and have not been so. I have spoken in the defence of the actions of a solitary MP who is opposed to knee-jerk legislation being rushed through the House on the QT without proper debate or scrutiny, which is undemocratic.

Returning to women wearing trousers, I find it strange that I am castigated for recommending that, especially as in the early days of feminism women were criticised and condemned for wanting to wear trousers instead of skirts or dresses. If you take a walk down any high street in any city, you will notice that most women now wear trousers or some form of leggins. So many women are taking action, which either , intentionally or unintentionally, will thwart those deviants who wish to engage in upskirting

On another tack, it is known that some women go to self defence classes so they know how to protect themselves should a man try to indecently assault them. Should we advise them not to go for such training as it is victim blaming?
Is it victim blaming when a crime prevention officer advises women what to do if they need to go out after dark to try and stay safe

Again is it victim blaming to advise people to lock their doors when they go out or at night because we are not dealing with the thieves who break in?

There has been an issue over the years where knee-jerk legislation gets rammed through the House and it causes problems down the line. The best example of such was the Dangerous Dogs Act.

Fame, Riches, Adventure, Glory - A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

In Memorium
Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird) 1951 - 2008

Last edited by Sticks; 16-06-2018 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 12:45 PM #69
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
There is a far bigger problem of course. People just shouldn't take pictures of anyone without proper authorisation. How many weirdos take photos of children .... nothing is done. How many people take photos of drunken colleagues and think its fun to share them for others amusement. While the upskirts thing could be seen as a greater invasion of privacy, all these instances are invasion of privacy.

After looking at things in more detail. It appears that many laws are sneaked through late on a Friday afternoon when the majority of MP's have disappeared off home for the weekend and there are very few participating in debate and voting. In this respect, the guy is absolutely right to bring attention to the issue. MP's are there to represent us, and should be in attendance when laws are being debated and voted on. That to me is the greater issue, and it is shameful that they don't do the job they were entrusted to do on behalf of the people they represent.
Tbf if you're an MP in places like Scotland, North Wales or Cornwall then you're looking at several hours journey to London. A lot of MPs need to be back in their constituencies for surgeries etc on Saturdays so would need to have left by Friday afternoon. Plus voting in the Commons is only a small part of being an MP really
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 03:22 PM #70

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
I think you might have just put turkey off my menu for the foreseeable future!

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 03:28 PM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I think you might have just put turkey off my menu for the foreseeable future!
Shes certainly stopped me admiring mine so much.
Old 16-06-2018, 03:30 PM #72
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Shes certainly stopped me admiring mine so much.
omg lmao

Old 17-06-2018, 12:38 PM #73

That MP
has now said he Supports the Bill against
Upskirting - he said its Vulgar.

He just does not like wasting time in Parliament

Ref : SkyNewsHD. update
Old 17-06-2018, 12:49 PM #74
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Link?