Notices

Love Island ITV2's reality show, Love Island, presented by Laura Whitmore.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:23 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Default The Issue With Samira ?

Okay I haven't watched any of Love Island as tbh i'm not a fan of the show and i think it's an extremely artificial and superficial set up, but i keep hearing about this drama uproar on social media about Samira getting rejected . And i wondered what people's thought's were on it ? .

I've only seen a few clips of her getting upset and getting self conscious and one of the other girls reassuring her she's "beautiful" , samira seems hurt as another girl is getting more attention than her is it Megan? . And how she can't even get 1 guy to like her?. Or if she does it's likely a game tactic on the man's part? .

People are saying the producers AREN'T putting in enough guys who actually fancy her and how they're NOT putting in enough guy's who have a preference for samira's looks . And how it's boring how they all go for the same type of girl and they don't seem to find Samira "attractive" , but love Island to me can't be taken seriously anyway .

I don't class it as a genuine dating show , it's just a reality show about winning and seeing how long they can last as they keep coupling up .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 08-07-2018 at 01:57 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:32 AM #2
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

Well theres a guy in there Alex who the producers and have bent over backwards to find him a girl they've put in several girls who had specifically said they like alex before going in.

Samira is already at a disadvantage because she is a black girl and (I'm generalising) when it comes to peoples dating preferences black girls are right at the bottom. Most the guys who are sent in say their type is either "blond" or "brunette" non of them had Samira as their top picks before entering. Luckily she's now coupled up with someone she actually likes, but when he first arrived he was interested in Megan rather than her. I don't think he even had her in his top 3

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:49 AM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
Well theres a guy in there Alex who the producers and have bent over backwards to find him a girl they've put in several girls who had specifically said they like alex before going in.

Samira is already at a disadvantage because she is a black girl and (I'm generalising) when it comes to peoples dating preferences black girls are right at the bottom. Most the guys who are sent in say their type is either "blond" or "brunette" non of them had Samira as their top picks before entering. Luckily she's now coupled up with someone she actually likes, but when he first arrived he was interested in Megan rather than her. I don't think he even had her in his top 3
I know what you're saying but from what i can tell the format is the same every year , it's always a bunch of similar looking men & women who are young and very vain , it's nothing to do with love or dating . It's all about who's the best looking with the best body . and it's always a certain look that seems popular on the show . it's boring when you get a bunch of guys and girls with similar features .

Also if there's a genuinely nice person on there they'll likely get ignored and not picked like that doctor guy i kept hearing about ?. And if he does get picked by late arrivals it's likely the girl or girls who took an interest just played tactics as they had an unfair advantage and they saw his fanbase with viewers and realised he was popular with viewers , it's all a game and people get used .

Megan is the blond with lip fillers and bimbo looking right ? , i've seen a few clips on youtube with commentary on how Megan seems to be the girl all the men are chasing .

Chances are the guy probably doesn't really like Samira if she was second best , but i just can't take the programme serious as i said as many of them are just playing a game and i think it's one of the worst ways to find a boyfriend or girlfriend , notice how not many of these relationships last .

It's all superficial and about their 10 mins of fame .

I can understand it being embarrassing to travel all that way abroad and to be rejected alot . And it must be annoying hearing and seeing your competitors get all the attention , i honestly think a few of these contestants just enjoy their ego getting inflated .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 08-07-2018 at 01:52 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:41 AM #4
A great thief

A great thief

Megan is really ****ing fit tho
Old 08-07-2018, 02:26 PM #5

Samira is lovely inside and out...trouble is its almost as though she is looking for a 'mate' in there rather than love. She harps on about wanting to be able to laugh and joke with someone because that's what she does. Niall was the same and although he left early, he, like Samira were always going to struggle being taken seriously. Its almost like a nervous immaturity..
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:30 PM #6
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
Megan is really ****ing fit tho
oop

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:31 PM #7
0_o

0_o

I don't get what the issue is tbh. Some people don't find anyone on the show, it would be pretty impossible to have a setup where everyone had a match. Mind yes, the producers did seem to be really trying for an Alex partnership...but I am not sure it was the producers as such, as much as it was the others in the villa who were way OTT and almost treating him like a child.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
issue, samira