Notices

RuPaul’s Drag Race Discuss RPDR here.

Old 28-06-2018, 11:58 AM #101
Banned

Banned

Kimora was terrible tbh but I'd have placed her above Kenya.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 06:36 PM #102
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

i don't watch but this one looks iconic

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 06:50 PM #103
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
i don't watch but this one looks iconic

The gif seems to be invisible

A Kameron Michaels tea?

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 06:50 PM #104
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

(by which I mean it doesn't seem to exist) (a Robbie Turner's Uber driver tea?)

Spoiler:

Old 28-06-2018, 07:55 PM #105
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

104th Place: Delta Work (Season 3) - finished 7th

That I am eliminating two major players of season 3 quite so early should go some distance into explaining why exactly I was Team Boogers. Don't get me wrong, I loved Raja, but she was surrounded by such a nasty and childish little clique and I think the epicentre of it was here: Delta Work.

Delta's now picked up a strong reputation for being the kind of girl who vaguebooks (ie. puts up statuses about "someone being a bitch" but then refusing to name who it is) and spreading West Hollywood bitchiness among her colleagues, with a whole host of choice words to say about Trixie Mattel, the fans, Valentina and Willam. Which I suppose is fitting, because going by her on-show antics, she is essentially only remembered for being a sour-faced bitch with nothing nice to say about anyone else bar her friends.

In the performances, she somehow managed her only "high" ranking by delivering....this:

Yeah, I don't know either. She did FINE at the workout challenge, by placing that shaky weight thing between her tits and jumping up and down, but was ultimately outshone by Miss Stacy Layne Matthews and her fried chicken and it kickstarted Delta's insecurity and bitchy comments about Stacy's runways. She BOMBED the acting challenge and scraped through by sending a lacklustre Phoenix home, cried over having to strip for a naked photo shoot, cried over her inability to make Rita Rudner laugh... need I go on? She tanked drag race.

But my #1 gripe with her is her comments about Stacy Layne. "She doesn't need to be here", "she's the booger of the group", "go on hoarders [not Drag Race]", "I don't think any of her shoes cost a whole $40", "I should've gone with a fat celebrity and put a chicken wing in my mouth because it would've progressed me; it obviously progressed Stacy", "she is inferior to me". The list goes on.

In the end she was eliminated - despite being a comedy queen - in the standup challenge with a disastrous routine about wanting to be raped. Yikes. And now she's giving RuPaul terrible wigs now that Mathu Andersen's disappeared.

On the plus side: she gave Shangela her free phonecall home. But then Phi Phi O'Hara gave hers away, too, so maybe it's not always the gesture of a good bitch.

Memorable quote(s): "Did I read? Absolutely. Did I talk shit? Absolutely."
Best Runway(s): Errm... this one?
Best Moment(s): GOING. HOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Last edited by Shaun; 29-06-2018 at 01:48 AM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 08:11 PM #106
A great thief

A great thief

Delta is still too high
Old 28-06-2018, 10:16 PM #107

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

It’s disgusting she managed to outlast the more charismatic and lovable Stacey
Old 29-06-2018, 02:16 AM #108
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

103rd Place: Derrick Barry (Season 8) - finished FIFTH!

Let me prefix this by saying that I know her drag has improved DRASTICALLY since season eight and I'm resigned to the fact that she'll be on a future Allstars. But every time I rewatch season eight I just...ugh it's exhausting. The idea that she lasted longer than Thorgy, Betty and Robbie is criminal. Because... let's break it down episode by episode.

Episode one: Derrick is the 100th queen. "It's Derrick bitch!" yes yes very funny. Makes use of a chair in the Winners' Circle photoshoot. Somehow makes the top three of the challenge because of it; judges apparently ignore the fact she's wearing a bikini and some mistletoe on her ass. NO.
Episode two: Completely disappears in the Bitch Perfect performance except for some random Britney choreo. Thinks people go to movie premieres looking like this. NO.
Episode three: "THIS IS MY DAY, I WAS BORN THIS WAY, AND MY BIGGEST SECRET I-IS..." yeah that Empire challenge was tragic. Somehow avoids bottom two despite doing worse than both Robbie AND Cynthia. Should've 100% been Derrick vs. Cynthia, but they wanted a roller-skating lipsync and Robbie was the only one who could do it. Tea. Confirmed. Don't @ me.
Episode four: "WE ARE THE GIRLS. OF. DRAGOMETRY." Sings in a horrible nasal voice despite repeated requests not to by Lucian and Chi Chi. Avoids bottom two AGAIN because Debbie Harry thought it was nice that she tried to sing, I guess? Naysha was robbed here, her runway was breathtaking. Derrick's neon, however...
Episode five: The worst Snatch Game across all ten seasons, thanks to the soulless guests (Gigi Hadid and Chanel Iman). They lap her Britney impression up despite making a grand total of, like, two jokes. Chi Chi's Eartha Kitt was ROBBED of a top 3 here. Also delivers the most boring kimono bar Naomi's.
Episode six: FINALLY LANDS IN THE BOTTOM TWO, for a HORRIFIC Tin Man costume. "There was a hem everywhere". Gave us Michelle's iconic "....it's...a piece of fabric." line sadly outperformed Robbie, but I wish Chi Chi had sent her packing.
Episode seven: "Wins a challenge" because she's partnered with Bob. Admittedly her performance was good: she committed to eating a baby and gave a stiff, awkward Conservative character. But... that's because she is a stiff, awkward Conservative character.
Episode eight: FINALLY GOES. But not before she drops off this HORRIFYING brow.

That's one good week and even then it was shared with Bob's - let's face it - far more impressive comedic timing. But what bothers me the most about Derrick's tenure on Season eight is just how joyless and mean she was the entire time; firing shots at Bob like "can you give me some tips on how to do ratchet drag next week?" (thankfully clapped right the **** back by Bob), spending the entire Book Ball episode telling Naomi she has no personality, terrible hairlines and no talent.

She just has terrible delivery and whether or not it was playful shade, I just got the overwhelming impression she was an incredibly narcissitic, shallow, nasty person. I'm set to be proved wrong in the future, but even off-show she's drunkenly making a mess of herself, and doesn't know what Stonewall was, so whatever. Hated her season 8 tenure. Don't necessarily hate the girl. Might though.

Also part of my hate for Derrick stems from my belief that Britney Spears is the most overrated, over-worshipped celebrity of all time and is a no-talent hack who should've faded into the obscurity currently being enjoyed by Michelle Branch.

Memorable quote(s): Robbie: "Derrick you're an impersonator!"
Derrick: "Yeah I impersonate celebrities, I can't impersonate YOU."
Best Runway(s): I was actually a fan of her Roller Girl look
Best Moment(s): Having her entire ass handed to her by Bob the Drag Queen. "I will never cry because of you...ever!" Bob: "Don't give me a challenge." <3

Quote:

Last edited by Shaun; 29-06-2018 at 02:18 AM.
Old 29-06-2018, 02:25 AM #109
Banned

Banned

The only thing I like her for is her drunken roast tbh. She was a HORROR on her season.
Old 29-06-2018, 09:31 PM #110
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

102nd Place: The Princess (Season 4) - finished 11th

Now I think about it, I don't think there's another queen who delivered three extremely strong runway looks before she had to sashay away Billy B hated her "pretty in pink" hair but then he was committing atrocities of his own on Michelle Visage's face at the time so who the hell was he to judge?

Princess is best remembered as the victim of the greatest lipsync of all time. Yes, it still owns that title! Miss. Dida. Did. That. But the sad thing is, if you concentrate on Princess at the time, and indeed look at the performance she gave to send home Lashauwn Beyond, it's quite clear to see that she's also a capable and pretty good lipsyncer Girl just came up against a legend.

When she wasn't fighting for survival, The Princess was struggling to get her voice heard. Or, indeed, actually speak. Her wrestling character was somehow even quieter than Lashauwn's, and got completely steamrolled by her teammate Jiggly Caliente. Princess then spent the workroom segment immediately afterwards telling everyone how Jiggly did terribly, should be in the bottom two, stole her thunder, etc. etc. etc.

Come to think of it, Princess was an incredibly bitter queen at the reunion as well; quipping "if I was more of a character, like Willam, I probably could've stuck around longer because I had more to show, and frankly, what came after me after I was kicked off, down the runway, was kinda lame". Lashauwn gives her a high-five for this, but the audience largely shrugs.

The only other thing I remember about the Princess was saying that she was attracted to Sharon's "meth look" out of drag. So... no top 100 for her. She is one of the few early-season queens that I think still has enough polish and aesthetics to maybe do well at a future Allstars, though.

Memorable quote(s): "Order now! And other favourite hits! The pit crew is standing by "
"Do you feel like you've come to the end of your road?" - an actual line delivered in the challenge she's sent home for <3333
Best Runway(s): Definitely her Waterworld 'post-apocalyptic' look, but as mentioned, all 3 are good.
Best Moment(s): Chad Michaels urgently trying to mime "do the line" as they try to host RuPaul's 'Glamazon' CD advert together.

Quote:

Old 30-06-2018, 03:07 PM #111
Banned

Banned

I liked her tbh.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:31 AM #112
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

101st Place: Jaymes Mansfield (Season 9) - finished 14th

For someone only around for two episodes, I have a lot of feelings about Jaymes Mansfield the season 9 girls' patronising of her in both episodes was extremely uncomfortable and seemed to serve no other purpose than reinforcing their soul-selling BS to RuPaul's various pseudo-psychological mantras. She hasn't found her identity, she was just a big fish in a small pond, she crumbled under pressure, etc etc etc. And it's rare that you'll hear me have a bad word to say about Cynthia Lee Fontaine, but when she and Nina Bo'Nina Brown were picking their cheerleading teams, and Nina makes a point of choosing Jaymes because she "has a soft spot for the underdog" (again: unnecessary ), Cynthia quips "she [Nina] was just doing community service [by picking Jaymes]" and it's HONESTLY STILL INFURIATING. WE WERE ROOTING FOR YOU, CUCU. RETURN YOUR CONGENIALITY TITLE NOW. Ugh, it was just crushing seeing Jaymes immediately forced into this "struggling outsider" role.

Unfortunately, loveable as she is, she also happened to get the series' seminal "queen cannot grasp a basic ****ing concept" moment, a la Alyssa's "doo wah" in AS2 or Kim Chi's "WHAT a fat ass?" in season eight. Her inability to step in time and introduce herself in the cheerleading routine is honestly exhausting, and one of those rare moments where you watch and just wonder...how...did they get here? Producer Alexis Michelle soon saw an end to this floundering, though, and seized her floozy character and lumbered Jaymes with a lacklustre "snoozy" character.

I actually didn't think her lipsync against Kimora was that bad, but the moment she copied Kimora and started trying to lie down on the floor seductively at the same time, was the killer blow, I guess. I hope we get some form of Rudemption in the future, but she seems to be doing very well and has a lot of fans for a first-eliminee so maybe we're all good.

Memorable quote(s): "Hi shapeshifters!"
"I'm Jaymes... and I'm jews-oops."
Best Runway(s): Whilst her Gaga bedhead was amusing, it has to be her White Party look.
Best Moment(s): I actually don't get what was so funny and/or bad about her forward rolls in the cheerleading - it wasn't really that much worse than anyone else's efforts - but that rolling meme was beautiful.

Quote:

Old 01-07-2018, 08:45 AM #113
A great thief

A great thief

Jaymes
Old 01-07-2018, 08:48 AM #114
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Literally only the funnier of the two season 9 comedy queens by default

Spoiler:

Old 01-07-2018, 04:49 PM #115
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Forgot there was even another one tbh

Quote:

Old 05-07-2018, 02:55 AM #116
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Right then, into the top 100.

100th Place: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo (Season 10) - finished 14th

Where to start? The most iconic exit-line of all time (step aside Thorgy's "witty catchphrase, you know what I mean?" and Ginger's "THEY GOT ME, GAL" ) came from the most recent season's first eliminee. I've followed the fanbase and such since season five now and I think it's safe to say it's been the biggest, most wide-reaching meme of all time. And good, because I knew from the second I saw her Meet the Queens video that she would be a personality perfect for reality TV.

Sadly, we only got one episode, and that's because she glued a bunch of barbie dolls to her swimsuit and drowned in flowers.

Still...
Spoiler:

at least we've got another season of her to come.

Memorable quote(s): "I'm Vanessa Vanjie Mateo, get these cookies...baby".
Best Runway(s): n/a
Best Moment(s): Do we need to clarify? But also: Kim Chi dancing with her body cage in the mini-challenge <3

Quote:

Old 09-07-2018, 01:21 AM #117
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Since posting that, my Miss Vanjie t-shirt arrived in the post I'm not sure I'll be getting any imminent merch, however, from...

99th Place: Rebecca Glasscock (Season 1) - finished 3rd

The original Drag Race trade that made Milk look like a bloodhound with Downs, Becky with the Glasscock is an easy go-to target for Drag Race fans. Whether that's because she entered the workroom in jeans, because she rose to the top of the season for mystifying reasons that got many others vexed, or because she's been relatively incognito since the season aired, I don't know.

Many, of course, cite her two lipsyncs as the reason why they hate(d) her: did she win against Jade? Probably not. Did she win against Shannel? I personally would argue yes. Massive arm claps and shaking your ass does not a Mary Mary make.

That Jade lipsync though is pretty unforgiveable and mystifying. Rebecca became deeply unpopular with several of the other queens; notably Jade and Shannel. I would strongly recommend you watch the reunion episode of season one - if not just for Tammie's ICONIC clapbacks at RuPaul herself, but because there's a ton of Shannel admonishing poor Becky and Jade hugs it out with her, which is nice.

Memorable quote(s): "If I am so horrible and such a bitch, why would I give you my brand new green contacts?" Indeed.
Best Runway(s): Her top 3 look is gorgeous, but I'd go for her Miss Absolut Lemon look.
Best Moment(s): Walking off set and announcing "I'm done" during the HIV campaign challenge despite Ru's protestations <3

Quote:

Old 10-07-2018, 02:03 AM #118
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

98th Place: Yuhua Hamasaki (Season 10) - finished 12th

The term "rapid downfall" applies best to Yuhua's tenure on the show, and this is from a season where the winner of the first challenge went home fifth. Yuhua's high placings in both the Drag on a Dime, and Pharmarusical challenges seemed to count for nothing when she was sent packing by Mayhem on episode three.

Going into this season, Yuhua was a fan favourite amongst all those who're dying for an Asian queen to finally snatch the crown after close runs with Manila, Kim Chi and Jujubee (okay, perhaps not so close with the latter). Her quick wit in the premiere when meeting the queens seemed to pin her as a contender to go all the way, but sadly, her hot and flexible body didn't allow her to succeed in all different positions.

In fact, aside from bombing the Dating App task and spending an unhealthy length of time just putting dots on her face to make herself look ugly (poor Dusty?), I really struggle to remember Yuhua this season. She had a slight altercation with her team in that challenge, snapping at Aquaria and Monet for telling her to hurry up, but otherwise she is perhaps best remembered for Michelle trying to make Ankh Ankh happen.

Memorable quote(s): Asia: "Eureka, you are not versatile."
Eureka: "I could surprise you, bitch!"
Yuhua: "How about break your knee again?"
Best Runway(s): Her drag on a dime 'caution tape' look.
Best Moment(s): Her "look sad and then smile" did make me laugh during the RuPaul chocolate bar mini-challenge.

Quote:

Old 17-07-2018, 12:21 PM #119
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria

I'd love to see Yuhua return for a future season tbh, I really enjoyed her
Old 17-07-2018, 01:19 PM #120

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Niall
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Niall
BBUSA20: Haleigh

i acc really liked yuha
ethanjames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 01:21 PM #121
Banned

Banned

Yeah, I think she's All Stars material tbh. I think she was just overwhelmed by the experience the first time around but I think she'd bring it if she had another shot.
Old 17-07-2018, 01:21 PM #122
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Her Instagram Live that plays over the credits of the latest RuCap <3

Spoiler:

Old 22-07-2018, 05:12 PM #123
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Terribly sorry, I've been away without my laptop for a while. 97 coming shortly...

Quote:

Old 22-07-2018, 05:34 PM #124
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

97th Place: Pearl (Season 7) - finished 3rd (officially "runner up" with Ginger but, I mean...)

I keep trying to convince myself that I'm not at all a hater and that all of my rankings and reasonings in this rankdown thus far have been largely justified but I suppose I have my biggest struggle with my conscience when it comes to "where do I put Pearl?"

Season seven had a very bad reputation despite giving us some of the show's strongest ever and most successful queens (Trixie, Katya, Kennedy, Ginger, Violet) let alone JASMINE MASTERS, and I definitely got wrapped in my "THIS SEASON SUCKS " bubble at the time. Since then, with repeated rewatches, the hate has fizzled... but my confusion at Pearl's trajectory on the show has not.

I know it's terribly reductive to say that Pearl only made the top three because the judges thought the fans would love her because #trade... but seriously, can anyone pinpoint a challenge she excelled at? Because off the top of my head...
- She TANKED the Shakesqueer challenge and didn't even land in the bottom two. "Cheerleader tryouts are happening today". What the ****? I can only imagine Kennedy got put with Jasmine because Jasmine's squat-thrusts to "I Was Gonna Cancel" would've KILLED Pearl.
- She was the dirt-worst dancer in the "half man/half woman" challenge that Trixie was sent home again for, but they decided to judge them as pairs; Pearl was thus saved by Kennedy's chops.
- SHE WORE A ****ING BLANKET FOR THE HELLO KITTY BALL AND FINISHED TOP TWO? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WITH A BLAND MADONNA SIDEKICK? I thought I'd buried this anger but I guess not.

There was, however, the make-over conjoined twins challenge to bring back Trixie... and really, who do you think won that for them, with the idea to make one of the twins a busted, braces-wearing geek? Pearl's other win came for an admittedly good DESPYS Awards presentation with Max; her impression of Ginger particularly stood out.

I remember posting on here that I genuinely didn't get the fuss about Trixie Mattel (because she was painfully unfunny on the show. Both times ) and I am actually one of the very few who actually thought Pearl won that lipsync... but of course it's probably the most contentious of all time (even though I would venture that "Peppermint beats Trinity Taylor" was FAR more questionable...) The fact that Pearl would go on to survive one more lipsync - a true contender for the worst of all time, against Miss Fame to Demi Lovato's "Really Don't Care" - was further bewildering. Of course, though, Pearl's cardinal sin was making the top three over Kennedy Mother****ing Davenport, and that is a case of the show buckling to the twatty fans' demands that I will never forgive.

Production riggor morris was something I'd never really considered until S7/AS2, and the constructed nature of her talking heads (most notably: someone "throwing a glass of water at Pearl to wake her up! lol!") was particularly absurd, too, and stank to high heaven of trying to give her an arc that nobody was interested in.

As I said - I'm being slightly unfair on Pearl here because her Snatch Game (as Big Ang, RIP) was pretty bloody good actually, and I do get the impression she's not as terminally dull as the edit suggests... but there were so, so many better queens than Pearl on this season that it's only fair I take it out on her by putting her below Sasha Belle.

Memorable quote(s): "Is there something on my face?"
Best Runway(s): 100% the Jetset Eleganza challenge. She has a lot of good ones but this was brilliant. I would understand if you made a case for the bearded queens look, though.
Best Moment(s): Sasha Belle saying she should go home on the first challenge <3

Quote:

Old 22-07-2018, 05:43 PM #125
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Drag

Her

!

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
108th, 109th, 110th, 111th, 113th, 114th, 115th, 116th, 117th, 118th, 119th, 120th, 121st, 122nd, 123rd, 124th, 125th, 126th, 50th, drag, place, queen, race, ranks, rupaul, shaun