Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

Old 30-07-2018, 11:27 PM #76
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt123 View Post
You’d have to watch the live feed clips to realise how bad GM was. In the early weeks of the series she got an edit of being kind of bad, they showed a couple of her racist comments, but not as bad as Aaryn. Aaryn was very much portrayed as being the horrible villain and GinaMarie just her puppet. In the latter half of the series though she got a great edit and became one of the ‘heroes’ at the end.

If you watch some of the clips on YouTube from the live feeds of the season you’ll see that GinaMarie was actually worse than Aaryn. Both of them made racist jokes but IMO GinaMarie’s comments went further beyond just being racial jokes to being outright prejudice. Some immediate ones that spring to mind include her saying that Candice and Howard would be aligned because ‘two blacks stick together’, using the N word more than once (even referring to Howard as it once), describing Candice with phrases such as an Oreo cookie, Laquanda e.t.c. Even in the bed argument, it’s pretty well known she said to Candice ‘Do you want the black to come out?’ But if you listen carefully she also said ‘You want the whites to win this and the blacks that way?’ although it didn’t get picked up on because there was a lot of shouting going on

On top of her racism, she also made some other disgusting remarks including constantly commenting on Candice’s weight and appearance, making more than one comment about her adoption such as saying she was such a degenerate her own mother didn’t want her and that her mother hated her etc, and most disgustingly and worryingly of all she said that she wanted to use a strap on to ‘**** Candice’s ass so ****ing hard’. These remarks go beyond being derogatory to just being plain disgusting, whereas Aaryns remarks never went beyond the derogatory comments (Not that they were any good). In Aaryns slightest bit of defence, she also seemed pretty disgusted with GM’s comment about Candices adoption during the eviction argument.

Oh and also, on edited shows, towards the end it also made it seem as though GinaMarie had become a friend/ally of Elissa however the truth is GinaMarie was still constantly joining in with the bitching and ridiculing of Elissa behind her back, most notably referring to her son as ‘Puerto Rican dirt’. GinaMarie was far from the fun, ditzy innocent girl they tried to portray her as on the show that got caught up with the mean girl (Aaryn). She was the worst of them all imo.
omg thanks for this

i no longer like GinaMarie

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 01:31 AM #77
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Quote:
You’d have to watch the live feed clips to realise how bad GM was. In the early weeks of the series she got an edit of being kind of bad, they showed a couple of her racist comments, but not as bad as Aaryn. Aaryn was very much portrayed as being the horrible villain and GinaMarie just her puppet. In the latter half of the series though she got a great edit and became one of the ‘heroes’ at the end.

If you watch some of the clips on YouTube from the live feeds of the season you’ll see that GinaMarie was actually worse than Aaryn. Both of them made racist jokes but IMO GinaMarie’s comments went further beyond just being racial jokes to being outright prejudice. Some immediate ones that spring to mind include her saying that Candice and Howard would be aligned because ‘two blacks stick together’, using the N word more than once (even referring to Howard as it once), describing Candice with phrases such as an Oreo cookie, Laquanda e.t.c. Even in the bed argument, it’s pretty well known she said to Candice ‘Do you want the black to come out?’ But if you listen carefully she also said ‘You want the whites to win this and the blacks that way?’ although it didn’t get picked up on because there was a lot of shouting going on

On top of her racism, she also made some other disgusting remarks including constantly commenting on Candice’s weight and appearance, making more than one comment about her adoption such as saying she was such a degenerate her own mother didn’t want her and that her mother hated her etc, and most disgustingly and worryingly of all she said that she wanted to use a strap on to ‘**** Candice’s ass so ****ing hard’. These remarks go beyond being derogatory to just being plain disgusting, whereas Aaryns remarks never went beyond the derogatory comments (Not that they were any good). In Aaryns slightest bit of defence, she also seemed pretty disgusted with GM’s comment about Candices adoption during the eviction argument.

Oh and also, on edited shows, towards the end it also made it seem as though GinaMarie had become a friend/ally of Elissa however the truth is GinaMarie was still constantly joining in with the bitching and ridiculing of Elissa behind her back, most notably referring to her son as ‘Puerto Rican dirt’. GinaMarie was far from the fun, ditzy innocent girl they tried to portray her as on the show that got caught up with the mean girl (Aaryn). She was the worst of them all imo.
I actually borderline loved Ginamarie and found her hilarious (both intentionally and unintentionally) but this sounds awful.

I also didn't watch live feeds except I did eventually see a clip of a lot of the bigotry etc. but I don't think I've ever heard of a majority of this from GM!
Old 31-07-2018, 03:00 AM #78

Favourites (more):
Survivor 37: Jessica
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Favourites (more):
Survivor 37: Jessica
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Why was this bumped up lol? But GM is still awful to this day she has no redeeming qualities to her. At least Aaryn stays out of the drama and just sticks to making Youtube videos.
Old 31-07-2018, 06:49 AM #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
I actually borderline loved Ginamarie and found her hilarious (both intentionally and unintentionally) but this sounds awful.

I also didn't watch live feeds except I did eventually see a clip of a lot of the bigotry etc. but I don't think I've ever heard of a majority of this from GM!
Yep, most of it somehow managed to escape the YT video which was meant to show all the houseguests bigotry and disgusting comments etc. There’s another video somewhere which I forget the name of that focuses purely on GM and her comments which is where you see all that stuff.
Matt123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 06:23 PM #80
Nah

Nah

This really was the most awful cast, and BB19 is not close (which was dreadful too)
Old 31-07-2018, 08:38 PM #81
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

the houseguests that are good are really good though, like Elissa, Howard, Helen and Candice

Spoiler:

Old 31-07-2018, 08:40 PM #82
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
the houseguests that are good are really good though, like Elissa, Howard, Helen and Candice
Yeah I haven't ever rooted for a group of HGs as much as I did them Such great people (and Jessie too!)
Old 31-07-2018, 08:43 PM #83
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

but the ones that are bad are AWFUL (Aaryn, Gina-Marie, Amanda, Jeremy)

Spoiler:

Old 31-07-2018, 09:17 PM #84
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

GM was at least funny a few times (okay maybe it was exactly one time but her reading Amanda for filth for like 40 minutes straight is A Moment.) When Aaryn wasn't being a racist she was being a boring ass gamebot doing all the legwork for an alliance that didn't give a **** about her.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:03 PM #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
GM was at least funny a few times (okay maybe it was exactly one time but her reading Amanda for filth for like 40 minutes straight is A Moment.) When Aaryn wasn't being a racist she was being a boring ass gamebot doing all the legwork for an alliance that didn't give a **** about her.
True, but I would also argue that GinaMarie's contribution to the game was entirely useless for the first 8 weeks. She really was the biggest floater of the season up until the final few weeks, she had no impact on any strategy or decision making that took place, even her HOH week was largely controlled by Aaryn. At least Aaryn was involved in the game and helped create drama and excitement which I found more interesting than a few one liners from GM in the diary room. At the time I agreed that GM calling Amanda out on her final night was glorious, but looking back I think GM was actually worse than Amanda so the more times I watch that video, the less funnier it gets and the more hypocritical I think GM looks.

Last edited by Matt123; 02-08-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:31 AM #86
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I mean Aaryn's contributions to the game were like... winning a few HOHs in spite of production and then doing all the legwork for an alliance of four that just used her and abused her. I don't think that's particularly interesting but what do I know. She's just a cookie cutter racist and there's nothing particularly fascinating about her villainy, she's just clearly not a good person. I also think that Aaryn was the primary reason for the house being such a toxic hellhole because she was so comfortable with saying and doing extremely racist ****. Like obviously all BBUS casts are scum but I think someone like Andy was really just going with the flow with some of the **** he said since the tone was clearly set by Aaryn and others.

That being said, I think it's extremely arbitrary to figure out who was worse between Aaryn/Amanda/GM because they all suck but with GM I can at least find like... the slightest amount of pity since she's a tragic simpleton and just sad. Nick didn't give a **** about her, you could hear her throwing up her dinners through her mic a few times, she'd sobbing meltdowns about how little she's accomplished in her life, she's 32 with a tongue ring... it's all there. When Aaryn wasn't being racist she was being ****ing boring.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:37 AM #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
I mean Aaryn's contributions to the game were like... winning a few HOHs in spite of production and then doing all the legwork for an alliance of four that just used her and abused her. I don't think that's particularly interesting but what do I know. She's just a cookie cutter racist and there's nothing particularly fascinating about her villainy, she's just clearly not a good person. I also think that Aaryn was the primary reason for the house being such a toxic hellhole because she was so comfortable with saying and doing extremely racist ****. Like obviously all BBUS casts are scum but I think someone like Andy was really just going with the flow with some of the **** he said since the tone was clearly set by Aaryn and others.

That being said, I think it's extremely arbitrary to figure out who was worse between Aaryn/Amanda/GM because they all suck but with GM I can at least find like... the slightest amount of pity since she's a tragic simpleton and just sad. Nick didn't give a **** about her, you could hear her throwing up her dinners through her mic a few times, she'd sobbing meltdowns about how little she's accomplished in her life, she's 32 with a tongue ring... it's all there. When Aaryn wasn't being racist she was being ****ing boring.
I would agree that Aaryn wasn't as great of a player as people love to make out (Even the competitions she won were competitions largely based on luck than strategy or endurance) but I still think she made a big contribution to the game. It was Aaryn who won the HOH on week 2 and declared war on Helen/Elissa which made it all the more thrilling to watch as Helen/Elissa campaigned for their safety and successfully backdoored Nick which was probably one of the best moments of the season. It was Aaryn who struck up the deal with Helen for her safety on week 4 leading to Kaitlin's eviction, and then got rid of Howard and Judd. She also entered the 3AM alliance and got rid of Helen, and it was also Aaryn who was the cause behind some of the great arguments of the season such as the wine argument, the bed fight and the argument with Elissa on Kaitlin's eviction week. I would also say Aaryn was more tactless than GinaMarie which made her a better villain as the other houseguests truly couldn't stand her whereas they didn't mind GinaMarie.

While I don't think Aaryn's contributions to the game were always smart, in fact I didn't really like any of the decisions she made, they were still contributions that were interesting to watch, i.e it was compelling to watch whether she'd renominate Spencer against Helen or backdoor Amanda. She was someone to root against in the game which made it more fun when rooting for the likes of Elissa. GinaMarie's only contribution until week 9 was getting rid of Candice, but tbh that just pissed me off more than any of Aaryn's contributions as I was a Candice fan, and her comment during Candice's eviction about her mother was way below the belt.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:54 AM #88
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Aaryn’s first HoH was given to her by SCUMBAG Jeremy

Her second one was literally just based on luck

Her third one was just luck as well

and i haven’t got as far as her fourth one

Spoiler:

Old 03-08-2018, 02:40 PM #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
Aaryn’s first HoH was given to her by SCUMBAG Jeremy

Her second one was literally just based on luck

Her third one was just luck as well

and i haven’t got as far as her fourth one
Yep, the 'Aaryn being a great competitor' thing is very overhyped in my book. In fact, one of the reasons they kept her in over Kaitlin is because they thought she was weak.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:47 PM #90
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yep, the 'Aaryn being a great competitor' thing is very overhyped in my book. In fact, one of the reasons they kept her in over Kaitlin is because they thought she was weak.
even when she’s not being racist, she’s just annoying and whines about the slightest thing

Spoiler:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aaryn, answers, big brother, experience, lot, queen, questions, talks