Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 11-08-2018, 10:43 PM #1
BBs Best future Housemate

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Chloe Ayling
BB8: Amanda

Favourites (more):
Default 1984 George Orwell's novel... Back to it's roots!

So Big brother is a show that is inspired by the book Nineteen Eighty-Four. At the audition all 2000 applicants were told that for this series they were going to take things back to how it was originally meant to be, by basing the show on that novel.

I have not read the book so have no idea what its about but I’ve read a bit on wikipedia this is what is says:

Big Brother is a fictional character and symbol in George Orwell's novel .
He is ostensibly the leader of Oceania, a totalitarian state wherein the ruling party Ingsoc wields total power "for its own sake" over the inhabitants. In the society that Orwell describes, every citizen is under constant surveillance by the authorities, mainly by telescreens(with the exception of the Proles). The people are constantly reminded of this by the slogan "Big Brother is watching you": a maxim which is ubiquitously on display...
I know that over the years its roots have been lost as the housemates control the house, the housemates can do what they want, and although getting high ratings is something that mostly only benefits Big Brother producers, at most times it does feel like the housemates control the show and NOT Big Brother.

I have no idea what they will do but I believe that book is all about a supreme leader taking full control of every aspect of the members lives and doing it for his/her/or there sake only. If they are to go back to its roots and get inspiration from the novel 1984, things will change a lot.

For example Big brother would have to control all housemates (kinda like what R kelly did to his many girlfriends… only BB cant use the sexual aspect of it).

BB would need to Decide:

What time they will get up,
What they must wear (so no one will be given there suitcase they will only be given cloves to wear each day according to what Big brother chooses,) and after they are dressed they need to face an expection in the diary room to make sure they are wearing the asked costume...)
BB will have the toothpaste and will decide when they must do their teeth.
BB will have the hot water Button so will decide when the hot water is on or off.
BB will open the store room each day and housemates can only access one box a day.
BB will decide what task they must do to earn food each week… the better the do the more they will get, but the shopping rashines that they earn will then be divided into 7 boxes and each day BB will open a different box and housemates must live off the food in the box that happens to be open. So you might earn lots of sweets in the weekly shopping task but only BB can control what day it is that housemates can eat it.
BB would would decide when they must go to sleep
What bed they must sleep in and who they must sleep with.
Even the electricity should be able to be switched off.

Out of the group though, one member will be called the leader, this person will get special treatment and will not have to suffer in the same way as the others.

Half way through though a hidden twist could be revealed … that is that the person who makes the final decision on what happens is not actually a fictional character but instead is a real person who lives outside the house but half way through the series he is exposed as being the real big brother of this series. From the point that he is exposed to the viwers, no housemate (except the housemate who has been called leader) is allowed to see him, but he will be seen by the viewers only in the diary room. When in the diary room he will be given many ideas for tasks and all the housemates will then have to do what he says only they will have no idea that these orders come from an individual who is only doing what he wants according to his own desire… If he wants to be cruel its his choice, if he wants to be nice its his choice… But that is the idea of the 1984 novel… its about Big Brother controlling and servalincing everything for his/her own desire…

I would hate to be in a show like this but I would like to watch this… the test would be that if there was one person who could in secret have the final say, what would he actually do… I would also be interested to know if R kelly had this power (and if he knew that he too is being watched by millions) what would he do if he could have total control of a group of people… (it can’t be sexual though as the audience would be grossed out and complain)

What is your thoughts on this idea?
Old 11-08-2018, 11:01 PM #2
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):

Seems like overkill to me, I can't really see what would be entertaining about watching people unable to brush their teeth. Also sounds like it would be bloody miserable to watch.

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:03 PM #3

Not a house full of smelly Dawn's.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:03 PM #4
baddie

Favourites (more):

baddie

Favourites (more):

I just want a basic straight forward format, with simple easy to understand rules and weekly tasks.

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:24 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
you and i wont smell them as we are not there...

but they will shower just only when bb says so... eg if bb says they must shower 5 times a day then they must do that...
Old 11-08-2018, 11:32 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelindabee View Post
you and i wont smell them as we are not there...
Never said we would cocker.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:55 PM #7
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

This would escalate to a lawsuit in a heartbeat. As soon as the situation turns emotionally abusive in any manner, there will be a public outrage. I doubt any therapist worth their weight would approve of such an setup either.

People do strange things and act differently under duress, so there is no predicting how those individuals would handle that environment. To have those awkward conditions televised for the public consumption for the purposes of ratings would likely be breaking some sort of law (or at least skirting it). I get the "experimental" aspects of it, but I don't think that's what a lot of people find entertaining about the show... it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, as they say. Then it becomes too serious and I think too uncomfortable to walk imo.

We also have to think about the type of environment this kind of show would be airing in and probably it would be seen as crossing too many lines for entertainment, even in 2018. If they were done "by the book", it would still be seen as a huge step down for television and Big Brother taking advantage of emotionally vulnerable people for TV ratings... and yes, they would be made vulnerable, not excluding the additional pressure of the cameras.

If I understand your synopsis correctly, then the environment would unmistakably be ripe for at least a few forms of psychological abuse... it's too high of a chance of trauma developing in those contestants and likely would bring out the very worst in some folk as well... we're talking about putting people in a tiny little space living under some extreme conditions they could never possibly be prepared for... and then adding in the inevitable psychologically reconditioning and intimidation tactics if it is even remotely close to the book... no one could offer me enough money to participate in that.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:10 AM #8
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Not you confirming RileyHollyoaks

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:30 AM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
This would escalate to a lawsuit in a heartbeat. As soon as the situation turns emotionally abusive in any manner, there will be a public outrage. I doubt any therapist worth their weight would approve of such an setup either.

People do strange things and act differently under duress, so there is no predicting how those individuals would handle that environment. To have those awkward conditions televised for the public consumption for the purposes of ratings would likely be breaking some sort of law (or at least skirting it). I get the "experimental" aspects of it, but I don't think that's what a lot of people find entertaining about the show... it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, as they say. Then it becomes too serious and I think too uncomfortable to walk imo.

We also have to think about the type of environment this kind of show would be airing in and probably it would be seen as crossing too many lines for entertainment, even in 2018. If they were done "by the book", it would still be seen as a huge step down for television and Big Brother taking advantage of emotionally vulnerable people for TV ratings... and yes, they would be made vulnerable, not excluding the additional pressure of the cameras.

If I understand your synopsis correctly, then the environment would unmistakably be ripe for at least a few forms of psychological abuse... it's too high of a chance of trauma developing in those contestants and likely would bring out the very worst in some folk as well... we're talking about putting people in a tiny little space living under some extreme conditions they could never possibly be prepared for... and then adding in the inevitable psychologically reconditioning and intimidation tactics if it is even remotely close to the book... no one could offer me enough money to participate in that.

if this was illegaly then the army would not exisit…

For the army is far wost… they get told when to eat, what to eat, what to wear, what to do, who to shoot, what to drive and where to go, where to sleep... and they will do all this whilst being shouted at... or made to scrub the floor with a toothbrush (well thats what happens in films)

They will offen go a long time without washing... they are not allowed to speak to family and tell them what they do... if they die there family might be lied to on the details, also there death will likely be covered up to the outside world... (Ive latterly herd theses story's from clients who are in the army)

I think the only reason why you hated my idea because you have bought into the crap that R Kelly is a terrible controlling person... when in reality there are far worse things going on higher up the chain...

I'm not saying bb should boss them around, yell at them, force them to be smelly, force them to sow clothing 16 hours a day for £3 a day, or force there people to shoot and bomb other people... or foruce them to not have a mind of there own... Like what you are forced to do in the army or in poor countries... belive it not not R Kelly does care about his girls, (unlike some army officers that would use the word 'collateral damage' when some people die)… yes you need to get rid of the sexual aspect... but its not as you say "emotionally abusive" in any manner just to ask housemates that if they want to go to the toilet they need to ask first... so it would be like being in the navy, or being at a stricked work place or school, only just no way near as bad as being in the army (or isis group) over seas.

Controlling though is sexy to me, and its better when you have no idea who giving the orders.. that's why I love Big brother.. it could be anyone!. it also would be fun to see people being wound up by small things.

There's nothing abusive about having stricked rules and funny tasks if those rules are not up hold..

Last edited by annabelindabee; 12-08-2018 at 10:59 AM.
annabelindabee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:32 AM #10
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

I would hate being told what cloves to wear

Bookmark/share this topic