Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

Old 27-09-2018, 04:16 PM #2526
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I kind of miss the randomness of the Scales of Justice ngl and that comp went on for far too long... although I guessed 3000 seconds so maybe I would have won that won also there were no dramatics because people were too busy hugging Swaggy whilst Julie rush read the votes.
I agree, I love trivia comps but not for part 3...I've always liked the jury statements element of the final HoH

And I know people have complained it's a crapshoot before, but I read a really interesting thread on Reddit about a year back where it was posited that analysing the jurors speech patterns can help you win. Apparently Ian claimed that's what he did

https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/...shoot_or_so_i/
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 04:19 PM #2527
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Whenever they ask a tiebreaker question based on seconds I always think 'well 3600 is an hour, so work it out from that'

I remembered it lasted about 58 minutes so I think my guess was 3480 lol
Old 27-09-2018, 05:45 PM #2528

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Tyler
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault

Favourites (more):

I really enjoyed this season, I know a lot of people thought it went downhill but I can't say I feel the same way. It had its highs and lows pretty much throughout and in my opinion the best double eviction episode I've ever seen on BB US.

I guess what contributes to my feeling is the fact that I had full access to the live feeds this year and would pretty much have it rolling every night, so you could see things playing out a lot better than by just watching the HL episodes. (Though CBS blanked out more content than usual this year).

I'm already having slight withdrawal symptoms. The first thing I'd usually do coming home from work is rewind the feeds to see if I missed anything interesting. That hasn't happened to me for a long long time, perhaps the last time being BB11/UBB way back in 2010, never for a US season before.

Spoiler:

I'm definitely satisfied with the winner. I was rooting for Tyler since the very beginning so a little disappointed that he couldn't go all the way but Kaycee was always another favourite of mine.

Kargo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 06:16 PM #2529

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
Was rooting for Tyler but I'm still quite happy with a KC win but yeah they really had far too little time to talk about their game. I miss the old days when they go into detail without fear of going over time
There's no need to rush either, instead of having a filler retread penultimate episode they could have covered more of what happened, leaving more time for the last show.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 01:52 AM #2530
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Second all the stuff about being friends with everyone when from what I've heard she actually kept safe within Level 6 for much of the game and didn't relate to the other side of the house much at all. I remember Hayleigh saying as much at one point. So that was pure bull**** really.
Eh, not really, that would apply more to Tyler than anything. He did a good job in the first few weeks but then after the Hacker meeting he isolated himself even further with L6 and shunned away people like Rockstar and Bayleigh while Kaycee was there for them on a personal level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargo View Post
It had its highs and lows pretty much throughout and in my opinion the best double eviction episode I've ever seen on BB US.
That just tells me that you haven't seen BB13
Old 28-09-2018, 03:58 AM #2531
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
for fuck sake : joker:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Twitter and ex-BB alumni are so fumed @ Tyler losing, saying the jury feature of the game has been ruined forever, hard work is no longer rewarded etc. I'm screaming
Are they lying tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
Was rooting for Tyler but I'm still quite happy with a KC win but yeah they really had far too little time to talk about their game. I miss the old days when they go into detail without fear of going over time
Yeah every finale lately seems so rushed. I can't remember if they were longer before or not (like 2 hours instead of 1 and a half?) but they need to do something about being short on time and not giving the finalists enough time to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
It's not nitpicking because he needed those votes and didn't get them. And this is *not* a BB16 situation. Cody let Derrick manipulate him into getting his own Jury votes out before the Jury, and Derrick would schmooze each person on their way out with a let death take you speech while commanding the rest of his alliance to isolate that person. Naturally, these people felt good about Derrick and not so much about anybody else. Tyler played a good game to get to the end, but it was sloppy and his back half was all about his complacency. He doubled down on Level 6 and just isolated himself in the HOH Room with Angela while Kaycee went and had good relationships with the Jury. She was there to comfort Bayleigh after the blowup with Tyler, she treated Sam like a human being both in and out of the game, and she wasn't incredibly transparent when dealing with Scottie.

There doesn't have to be any consistency because there's no secret formula that should guarantee you the win. The Jury is composed of different people each year and formed under different circumstances. I don't know why it's hard to understand in 2018 that treating people with basic respect can go a long way.
It's nitpicking for reasons why he didn't get certain votes. Like Kaycee was hella sketchy and insincere at times, in her blowup with Rockstar and that whole thing with Scottie during the Scottie/Brett mystery vote.

You can make cases for anyone being shady or deserving of a bitter voter/jury especially for those who played a great game and screwed people over in the process. "Oh he never got along with Rockstar," he told Scottie to "tell his friends" etc. It's very targeted at Tyler for little parts of his game in a BIG game that was played by him. He particularly/objectively messed up on the Bayleigh vote which cost him but his relationships with the others and how he handled them on the way out wasn't that bad at alllll.

Also a bit similarly to Derrick, Tyler did compliment/praise each person on the way out pretty much while others (mainly Brett & Angela) just threw shade at them. Like even though it's not that much related to his opponent Kaycee, in theory it should've softened the blow for how they felt about Tyler while/after they left the game. I guess Derrick was just better at it idk
Old 28-09-2018, 04:56 AM #2532
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Again, it really isn't nitpicking when he didn't get those votes and he needed to in order to win the damn game. Nitpicking would be pointing out that the whole one step ahead/two step ahead speech was stupid and could've easily lost him Brett's vote as well, but it didn't. He didn't give any of those jurors a reason to vote for him, so they didn't.

Even then, I don't even feel like it was a "the Jury absolutely hates Tyler so they're gonna vote for Kaycee" situation, but about the fact that Kaycee was very well-liked and Tyler was a moron for letting her get as far as she did. For all of Tyler's posturing about how taking out Brett was THE biggest move of the game, it was a really stupid one? The idea of him being a robbed mastermind becomes kind of an open and shut case when you realize that somehow, in a house with JC, Sam, Brett, and Angela, he decided "yeah I'm going to go to the end with the person who made no enemies all summer and also happens to have an insanely impressive Competition resume" and not the stank bitch, the racist pervert, the frat douche, or not the lunatic.

Honestly, and I'm sure this may sound like ~nitpicking~ but we're kind of forced into this situation when you have the annual tradition of Reddit ****ing mourning the loss of their prized pig, but Tyler's game was littered with soooooo many mistakes. Like he ****ed up a lot of the first half of the game but was able to put out his own fires, but then when we get to the endgame you have the fact that he used the DE to needlessly turf Brett of all people and in a way that could've potentially lost his jury vote, turf Sam in a way that did end up with him losing her jury vote when he easily could've forced a tie and made Angela get rid of her, and then now Tyler claims that he threw the F4 POV, which means that he willingly let Angela die when she was his easy ticket to $500,000. And nobody can even claim ignorance to the fact that Angela was hated by the jury since Scottie literally confirmed this when he came back into the house.

I don't know, I guess what it just comes down to is that I'm just continually dumbfounded the year after year, in both Big Brother AND in Survivor, we have the same thing happen over and over again where the person who didn't ruin personal relationships and was cordial and likable and treated everyone with respect ended up winning out over the person who tried to play with human chess pieces, and then we have a bunch of idiots on Facebook and Reddit yelling about how the game is BROKEN and this is setting a DANGEROUS PRECEDENT moving forward and OBVIOUSLY the best solution would be to create an electoral college system comprised of the jury, America, and a panel of former BB winners. Like........... maybe your supposed mastermind could've just played a better game? I thought we were done with **** when Russell lost twice and when Coach lost and when Domenick lost and when Danielle Reyes lost and when Paul lost and when Paul lost again and when Ross Matthews lost.
Old 28-09-2018, 05:07 AM #2533
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Tyler losing just confirmed that he will definitely be brought back at some point like Paul.

Who knows maybe Groddo is already planning a Big Brother USA 21: Summer of Tyler and Paul.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 11:43 PM #2534

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Will

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Will

LOL and the thought of Tyler going to F2 in BB21 and losing in a 5-4 vote.
Koadey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 01:35 PM #2535

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Last edited by Kargo; 29-09-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Kargo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 03:36 PM #2536
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 29-09-2018 at 06:03 PM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 03:46 PM #2537
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargo View Post
Ika seems pretty cool in video/interviews... idk why she plays up for the cameras in such an annoying way on BB
Old 29-09-2018, 04:39 PM #2538
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Oh and my favorite part about my edgic chart is that Kaycee *really* could've been UTR in her first week and one of the other weeks she was MOR2, which would mean we'd have UTR overall winner
Old 30-09-2018, 01:02 AM #2539
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

He's such a ****ing troll

I wish they'd got him to do the backyard interviews again they were a scream
Old 30-09-2018, 08:35 AM #2540
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

****ing Dr. Will

He's reaching and seems like he's clearly trolling lol but she's really a great player though. She didn't take a STAND to make moves for herself but I don't think that's that big of a deal if you worked your way through the game and you were aware of what was going on despite not making the moves all/most of the time. She kind of reminds me of Godfrey a bit... lay low at first, make some good relationships with each side and position yourself well as a non-threat + with a lot of comp wins at the end in her case. And I think Godfrey was a tremendous player so that's a good comparison to have from me. It's just hard to tell how much she was just coasting with an alliance and how much was really good gameplay - but I think it's more of the latter tbh. But Tyler was simply better if you ask me. He had a lot of the same positive attributes/gameplay as Kaycee but was actually the one making a ton of moves to get him further and in a position to win.

Last edited by JerseyWins; 30-09-2018 at 08:36 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 02:12 PM #2541
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

He wasn't in a position to win though bc Sam said she would've voted for JC over Tyler and there's a strong chance he would've gotten a lot of the Hive votes as well.
Old 30-09-2018, 09:49 PM #2542
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Whew we love legends minus Zakiyah
Old 30-09-2018, 10:01 PM #2543
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post

Whew we love legends minus Zakiyah
Four terrible housemates that all flopped

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 11:02 PM #2544
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

This gifset
Old 30-09-2018, 11:03 PM #2545
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I never noticed him mouthing "Kaycee" when Julie said it came down to Bayleigh's vote Makes it even better <3
Old 01-10-2018, 04:58 AM #2546
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Old 02-10-2018, 08:08 AM #2547

I kind wonder when they are going to realize just how important jury management is

I am glad America/fans dont vote on the winner. I think knowing how to properly navigate the game is half the battle and so many people don't get it.

For me personally, I am super happy Tyler didn't win it.I even struggle to understand how he won AFP
Mandie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:18 PM #2548
Nah

Nah

lmao it was so obvious she was going to win the day she evicted Angela.
Good series ended in a boring dumb way. Congrats to her.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:51 PM #2549
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

At least this confirms Tyler will never return!
Old 05-10-2018, 11:33 PM #2550
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

If Cody & Jessica would possibly return together then Tyler & Angela are COMING for the Lover's Paradise season?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
20, 28th, big brother, discussion, episodes, june, premiere, thread, uk, usa