Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:35 PM #101
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I don’t believe you should be classed as a woman until you get rid of the penis.
Until then you should not be allowed in female prisons or toilets.
Perhaps the disabled toilets could be renamed and shared between disabled and trans.
I know wouldn’t have a problem with that at all.
Oh yeah, I agree with you on all that

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:45 PM #102

Favourites (more):
BB19: Zoe
BBCanada 4: Tim

Favourites (more):
BB19: Zoe
BBCanada 4: Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeslikethese View Post

If you advocate for recognising people for who they are only when a patriarchal system deems them so, then fine. But I'm hoping you don't call yourself a feminist in the process.
Ah, so you can't be for women's rights unless you think that men who say they are women are exactly like you? Women's rights and trans rights are two different things. It's just like there are many black people who are all for black people's rights, but don't care at all about women's rights. It doesn't mean they can't support some rights and not others. So please don't define feminism by your idea of what feminism should be. Each women is entitled to her own view of feminism.
Chero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:07 PM #103
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeslikethese View Post
The current system is not fine, by any stretch. It's inherently patriarchal for one. And medicalises mental health.

Source: It's my job to a) work in mental health and b) collaborate with researchers on improving MH education

The system is barely fit for significantly less complex and better understood issues than gender dysphoria.

I rather wish it were hyperbole. If this thread relies entirely on "I saw this happen once" and "this person was in the news for x" then I have seen countless angry, disaffected people who have been failed become increasingly angry and isolated. Heck, I've watched mental health staff be the cause of this. Over and over.

If you advocate for recognising people for who they are only when a patriarchal system deems them so, then fine. But I'm hoping you don't call yourself a feminist in the process.
So to put this bluntly, you do not think that there should need to be any proof at all of a person actually having gender dysphoria, before they are able to get a GRC. EVen though the whole point of a GRC is to help transsexual people have an easier life, and all transsexual people have gender dysphoria? Are you saying that wanting to help transsexual people have an easier life, is wanting a patriarchal system? because if its a choice between self-ID...and repealing the entire act...I chose repealing tbh. Though I would much rather the compromise we have which helps transsexual people whilst also keeping pisstakers and fetishists out.

And that was one example of MANY. Its not a rare example, but then again it wouldn't be, given these days any man can declare himself a woman and be treated as such in statistics and new stories. And obviously its mainly men who commit sexual crimes. So it makes a lot of sense that a lot of those who currently 'identify' as women (often without changing anything) are just your bog standard pervert. And I don't think there is ever an excuse to lock up female prisoners with male rapists. Thats just ridiculous, yet happening.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 05-10-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:12 PM #104
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I don’t believe you should be classed as a woman until you get rid of the penis.
Perhaps the disabled toilets could be renamed and shared between disabled and trans.
I know wouldn’t have a problem with that at all.
I don't think this is an acceptable solution. I do understand why people think thats an acceptable compromise, however disabled people fought very hard, for a long time for disabled loos and such. To just decide that men who like wearing a dress on fridays should be able to use disabled loos..well no.

And no , thats not hyperbole either. Such men are classed as women on the days they wear a dress. Infact a guy like this recently got an award for 'women in business' when hes basically a part time transvestite. Thats been quite publicized, and has woke up a lot of people to the issue too.

However I agree that no penis should be the requirement for womens areas. Its absolutely insane to me that some people think its fine for preop people to use female changing rooms.

And whats interesting is (and many on this site will not like me saying this) its accepted that transwomen do not want to use the mens loos because they are scared of male violence. Fair enough. However, when women say they do not want males in their areas because they are scared of male violence, they are declared bigots. So, how does that work? Answers on a postcard. Thats why I think the only solution to all of this is a further unisex option being made available wherever possible. Much like disabled areas, just not colonizing disabled areas.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 05-10-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:57 PM #105
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Utter utter hyperbole. Noone wants trans people to have to stay indoors. Noone wants them to not have human rights.

The current system is fine. Transwomen can be moved to female prisons if they have a GRC. Which can be gained by having doctors agree you have gender dysphoria. And with a small fee, that is waived if you have a low income. The GRC system was made with it in mind that transsexuals were a very small number of people, it was estimated to help 5000 people. Today, just under 5000 people have a GRC, so its working exactly as intended. But transactivists say that such a small number of people having one is proof its not working, as there are 500,000 'trans' people in the UK. This is with the ever widening definition of trans of course. Not with what people think of when they hear trans...which is transsexual.

No reason at all to change this system, which helps transsexuals, while also keeping out fetishists and such. It puzzled me for a long time why transactivists were fighting for 'self ID'. Until it clicked, that transactivism in its current form is nothing more than a mens sexual rights movement. Now their behaviour and demands make so much sense.
Can you cite this paragraph, Vicky? For my own general research...

Great discussion all around

On what has been discussed so far

It's interesting hearing what others have to say about women's rights. It does make me uncomfortable that other groups have managed to commandeer the cornerstone of Feminism and usurp that voice to play out their own selfish end(s). It's not just an issue with trans activists. It seems like a quite a few interest groups have been seeping into the young women's movement(s) for some time now. Even if in many cases, it's not actually doing actual women any favors... small detail.

The gas-lighting that occurs when a woman of her own volition decides to speak up in criticism of said direction, should be disturbing. I've been watching #walkaway videos on and off. (#walkaway = people who are leaving Democrats/Progressive-ism). There's a fair amount of older women, some who are LGBT, who have long histories of campaigning for women's rights who are now being blackballed by their own interest group. Wha? That should make zero sense to us. Moreover, women are being kicked out of her own movement for not agreeing on non-women's related issues? That women are no longer allowed to be mutual champions of their own cause? They must be questioned? And yet they want to be unquestioned on the public stage when it comes to women's rights?

Imo, a circus it has become, that adopts some strange unconventional philosophy alien to most people. The young particularly, are pressured to buy in it without opposition... I would lose my practical sh** if I were the mother... I don't see how anything healthy for society, much less equity, equality or whatever we want to call these things can ever come from such a situation... so in my view, it's a total dud. A failure.

I think it's gone this way because the only way a fanatics voice can be heard in this environment is to be an ad-hoc for other interests groups who will gladly let them do the dirty work i.e. be the face... meanwhile hurting actual women ... and we can't bring up within the movement itself, as it will invite accusations of major moral failings and to be labeled "definitely not a feminist"... riight... who is gas-lighting who, now?

BTW, my major beef with Self-ID is that it's not practical... imo, the culture is the "mask" in which we view which solutions we should adopt. If it can't work culturally, then it will certainly fail to work in legal... forcing it with law will not force it to work culturally.. maybe with some coaxing on particular issues, we can trick people to go along for a while, but it will be found out eventually... like a lot of things are being figured out now about some of our politics. (well, not even just now, but in general...)

Last edited by Maru; 05-10-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:03 PM #106
0_o

0_o

Cite which paragraph maru, and from where? Sorry I am drawing a blank at what you are meaning, and no doubt once you explain further it will make a lot of sense, but genuinely cannot understand right no
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-10-2018, 08:05 PM #107
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
I don't see the point in this as they'll always be biologically male, no matter what they have done to their penis. Inverting it won't make them any more female, so I'm not gonna base how I see them based on it. Transwomen are transwomen.

Quote:
But this I agree with.

Oliver_W is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:06 PM #108
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Cite which paragraph maru, and from where? Sorry I am drawing a blank at what you are meaning, and no doubt once you explain further it will make a lot of sense, but genuinely cannot understand right no
The transactivists ~= men's rights activist portion
Old 05-10-2018, 08:09 PM #109
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I don't see the point in this as they'll always be biologically male, no matter what they have done to their penis. Inverting it won't make them any more female, so I'm not gonna base how I see them based on it. Transwomen are transwomen.

But this I agree with.
Yeah if they're full-time the other sex, then I would regard them as their converted sex. But legally, there has to be some common sense... but the thing with toilets, it's not like we ask people for their ID when they go to the restroom... so not sure how that could really be enforced? After all, I think I read that they can get a diagnose after living as the opposite sex for a time, and well... part of that would mean entering the restrooms I think? (How does that work, I wonder?)
Old 05-10-2018, 08:16 PM #110
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
The transactivists ~= men's rights activist portion
Oh thats just my own personal opinion on the matter tbh.

Obviously goes a lot deeper than this, and there are multiple other examples, but its very clear to me that the majority of transactivists are just MRAs with a new angle to attack womens rights. This image gives the gist of it, though maybe is a bit childish

(AGAIN, though it shouldn't need saying, I am not saying all transsexual women are MRAs. But I do feel that the majority of transactivists, especially ones I have personally encountered are. And I think your common garden variety misogynist is very attracted to this movement as they get to tell women to shut the **** up AND seem all 'woke' when doing so. Seems to attract a lot of incels too.)

Late edit - did you mean can you cite it? If so, then yes of course. Feel free to swipe any of my posts for stuff like that really. Question confused me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mrastrasnew.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	4392  
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 06-10-2018 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:31 AM #111
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh thats just my own personal opinion on the matter tbh.

Obviously goes a lot deeper than this, and there are multiple other examples, but its very clear to me that the majority of transactivists are just MRAs with a new angle to attack womens rights. This image gives the gist of it, though maybe is a bit childish

(AGAIN, though it shouldn't need saying, I am not saying all transsexual women are MRAs. But I do feel that the majority of transactivists, especially ones I have personally encountered are. And I think your common garden variety misogynist is very attracted to this movement as they get to tell women to shut the **** up AND seem all 'woke' when doing so. Seems to attract a lot of incels too.)
Whatever the case, Vicky, that's a really interesting theory. Some keen insight there. Even if it's only a subconscious thing, I could see that playing out to some degree as you say... it's certainly more convincing than throwing around the word "patriarchy" anytime someone wants to get their point across... in your points, it sounds like you and even Livia may have touched on a nerve, things going on beneath the surface that maybe we discount somewhat with the topic of the moment being transactivism.

Myself though, my distraction is probably that I do tend to think men get an unfair wrap sometimes. It does take mutual cooperation for any lasting changes to occur, something we have forgotten in an era that centers around the activists themselves.

I do see the sexes as two necessary forces in life that are forced to work together, even if they often don't want to. Kind of life marriage, really ... one can't live without the other and so-on... our society would fall apart. So I do think there is a breaking point when either or one of the sexes is put underneath a lot of stress... as we've seen in the past and are seeing today.

I don't think I've ever met someone who is an MRA? So I don't have a mental framework for those type of folk, how they would think. I think the closest equivalent are maybe some people I'd seen or heard about on YT. It's hard to tell how much of that is authentic hough, with everything being about inducing shock vs. woke-ness...

I know we all know some men who have issues with the patronizing attitude that comes from Feminism towards them and their own thought-processes... that they just can't help but be men, and yet, are supposed to help it at the same time ... and there are some great reasons for some of that criticism imo. To be fair, I prefer a world where we criticize and criticize often... as long as it remains constructive and not destructive... that's the balance.

Edit: Also that image was hilarious...

Last edited by Maru; 06-10-2018 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:29 AM #112
0_o

0_o

I don't mean MRA as in someone who is actually concerned about the rights of men.

I mean MRA as in, extremely problematic misogynist who blames feminists for everything and basically only 'what about the men's as a way of slating feminism and women in general.

I believe transactivism in its current form (again, not people actually concerned for the rights of transsexual people) is a backlash against feminism, against the gains women have made recently. Afterall, what better way to destroy womens rights, than to open them up to men too. Transactivism gives men who dislike women intensely (as many transactivists do) a 'woke' excuse to tell women to shut the **** up, to discredit them, and to threaten them in very...MRA like ways. Like threatening to rape them or their children. I think the whole thing we have today is kind of the perfect storm. Of course most people have sympathy for transsexual people, but I think many nefarious kinds of people are piggybacking on a genuine cause, for their own gains. This includes

-MRAs who just hate women/feminism in general. Not much needs said on this issue really. Anyone can see why such types would be attracted to this movement.

-Incels who wish to guilt trip people into sleeping with them. There are many many people currently trying to guilt trip lesbians into shagging male people. Theres been workshops about this. Its nicknamed the 'cotton ceiling' and its just ****ing disgusting. I have spoken to a fair few lesbians who have had issues with this. 'Transwomen' yelling transphobia when the lesbian refused to shag their very male self. Of cause transsexual people who are attracted to women understand that lesbians may not be attracted to them..again they are not the problem here. Its 'transgender' males...often those who have made no physical changes whatsoever, who assert their right to sex. And become very bitter when told no. Unfortunately when attached to the 'trans' label, its not looked at like regular incel behaviour and laughed away and ridiculed. Its taken seriously and there are a fair few lefty dudebros in the wings waiting to attack any lesbian woman who asserts her boundaries. Becuse 'transphobia'. As a very prominent and well known example...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5GYlZKfBmI
But this ridiculous type of view is fairly widespread among todays 'transactivists'

-Homophobes. Lesbophobes in particular. See above cotton ceiling which is self explanatory. But it goes a bit deeper than that. Many many gay people are gender non-conforming. I would say most people are to some extent ,but its more prominent in the LGB community. The likes of butch lesbians are being pressured to become transmen, as they are clearly really men. They cannot possibly just be butch women. Ontop of this you have Mermaids and such pushing for child transition (Mermaids is a pressure group, who there have been issues with in the past. https://4thwavenow.com/2016/11/12/th...ed-in-stealth/ ). When the huge majority of children who are gender questioning....essentially grow out of it, and the majority of these children will simply grow up to be gay. Where, when put on 'puberty blockers (read. cancer drugs) near 100% of these children will go on to transition. Essentially 'transing away the gay'

-Paedophiles. Hot on the heels of 'child transition', of course paedophiles have a special interest in all of this too. Putting young children on puberty blockers, creates 'legal children'. This part is hard for me to talk about as it sickens me too much so I won't go into it too much..but joining the dots here should be easy enough. Also allowing children to make the huge decision to 'change sex' opens the doors for really...saying children can consent for stuff. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see, if this is all still going in a few years, people pushing to lower the age of consent. Lets not forget that paedophiles tried (luckily unsuccessfully) to piggyback on the back of the LGB community once before. Not sure if anyone on here remembers the Paedophile Information Exchange, and how they attached themselves to those campaigning for gay rights. And how their movement was very nearly successful. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedop...ation_Exchange .

-Sexual predators. Again, self explanatory. Wanting easier access to women and children.
If any man has access to female areas, this benefits this group immensely. The prison service warned against this during Maria Millers Trans Equality Report...during which, she ignored womens groups and basically anyone who spoke of any potential problems, and invited only those entirely unquestioning of the transactivists narrative to give further evidence. One pf the prominent transactivists consulted for the report, was Jess Bradley. Jess is currently suspended from their job as NUS trans officer. As a blog was discovered where Jess was unveiling Jess' penis to unsuspecting members of the public, including getting it out at Jess' desk at work. People like Jess have a vested interest in opening up female areas to everyone, as Jess' hobby is flashing. Infact a fair few prominent transactivists have dodgy pasts/present behaviour. Jess, and people like Jess have been a huge part of the way things are today, where businesses/schools have been misled to think that single sex areas are illegal and girlscouts have gone mixed sex by stealth. But I swear this post would go on forever if I went into all of that and most people will just dismiss it anyway. Only reason I am going into so much detail here is because I know you will actually read it maru I only really do this when talking to you or jack.

I may possibly have forgotten some other groups I believe are involved in this perfect storm...as its late and I am half asleep. Of course, though again it shouldn't need to be said as it should be taken as a given really, I am not saying that all transsexual people are predators, or homophobes or whatever. This is my observations/thoughts on transactivism as it stands today. Its not about the rights of transsexual people at all. Infact transsexual people are branded truscum by todays transactivists and get just as much abuse as women do. Which proves in itself that this is not about transsexuals.

A couple of links on the topic that I have bookmarked. One is a wider explanation of it all. The other is a recent explanation from a gay man who was until recently very involved with Stonewall and used to run 'Queer up North' who has recently started speaking out on this. Some of his other pieces are really good too, should be able to follow them from that link if you feel like it. Also petition to Stonewall..by Jonny and a bunch of prominent LGBT people, including some transsexuals.

https://notthenewsinbriefs.wordpress...re-notadebate/
https://medium.com/@JonnnyBest/calli...s-9df277ecb59e
https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...-your-approach

And finally, a glossary of a load of stuff about this topic. I know people on here will take the piss for a mumsnet link, but **** it tbh. Its one of the only places on the internet women can actually talk about this issue that will affect/has affected us, though men keep claiming it won't/doesn't

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_...iced-here?pg=1

So yeah. Long post, but you have my theory on it all. Yet again, not claiming all, or even most transsexual people are like this. Transsexdual people are not the problem. Other people are, and especially transactivists/MRA.s
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 06-10-2018 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:54 AM #113
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurryface View Post

Completely siding with India here.
...just going back to the OP and the vid...I really can’t gel with this ‘feminst’ at all..and I guess it goes back to what TS said, in how femist is defined, which is varying quite a lot it seems...I mean I have not once in my life experienced women defined as cervix havers or menstruators or chest feeders...yeah, maybe pregnant people..like ‘she’s a pregnant woman’ type thing, when it’s relevant to refer to a pregnancy for some reason...she doesn’t represent a world I know as a woman...she talks about one person who apparently wears a dress one day a week who has been given an award...I have no idea who Philip Bunce is but whoever he is...he’s one person so not a representative..anyways I couldn’t really get much further in the vid in trying to rewatch it and I can’t recall it all from before...Because it makes me so sad for transgender people...what does living as a woman mean...WHAT DOES LIVING AS A WOMAN MEAN..!!! ..define it for me..!!!!...well I guess it’s defined as the same as what does living as a man mean...a woman living within her gender or a man living within his gender, everything matching and everything fitting in terms of the body born into, would be how I would define...India will never be a cervix haver...she can never menstruate so can’t be a menstruator...or a chest feeder..because she’s not a born woman and that can’t ever change...So either in a man body of the past or a woman body of now, I doubt she sees herself as ever having experiences of any priveledge of either gender...she can though live her life as what she feels she is...a woman...

Last edited by Ammi; 06-10-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:56 AM #114
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Wow thanks for all that detail Vicky, it's certainly clarified a lot of detail for me.

On the topic of safe spaces. I don't really see toilets as being safe spaces at all and perhaps thats part of my problem understanding some of the discussion.

There is a primary functional difference between a mens and womans toilet ... one has a urinal and the other doesnt, and that is there to service the differences in anatomy between a man and a woman. So, someone with a dick, should use the toilets with a urinal if we are looking at things logically.

From a male perspective, I don't associate toilets with safe spaces at all. One only has to look at well publicised cases featuring MP's and George Michael to name a few, where it has been a decidedly unsafe space.

What I'm trying to say i think is that there are places where people are more vulnerable than they would be otherwise and the solution to that vulnerability has to be more all encompassing than segregation by anatomy. People should just be safe and protected from predators in going about their daily lives ... and that is the ultimate goal surely.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:01 AM #115
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Just to echo what Bots has said, thanks Vicky. I always read your posts on this particular subject because they're packed with facts and make the subject so much easier to get my head around. You kind of put into words what I'm thinking.

And thanks everyone who's posted so far... it's been enlightening and interesting.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:43 AM #116

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Legitimately curious, to people in this thread what constitutes as an mra? I don’t really call myself a feminist or mra but whenever I state my values or what I believe on certain topic I get told stuff like ‘well by definition you’re a feminist since it’s literally just the term for advocacy of women’s rights’ and in a sense couldn’t someone use this inflection to go, for example supporting the idea of domestic abuse shelters for men, that I’m an mra? And thus since it seems to be a dirty word, such as feminist is in a lot of circles..

Idk it just seems weird to me because at the end of the day they’re only labels but I’ve had people take me to down on the guilt by association when it comes to using the word feminism debate but these same people also slate mras so
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:05 PM #117
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Elliot, have a Google around and look at some of the MRA nonsense out there.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:38 PM #118
0_o

0_o

I don't believe feminism is 'wanting everyone to be equal'. Thats egalitarianism. IMO feminism is a movement about the liberation of female people. Equality (or equity as I posted up thread) is the end goal, but its about female people on the whole. As such the endless calls to centre male people in feminism are bizarre to me. Kind of like how you wouldn't expect black lives matter to be fighting for people who are not black, though they may still care about non-blacks

MRA, as I said...is not someone genuinely concerned for the rights of men. The MRAs I am talking about only make out they care about men as a stick to beat feminists with. Google MRA..tbh. Theres plenty out there that explains it all better than I could

Ammi, sadly cervix havers and menstruators and such is very common language in todays world, where the very meaning of the word woman is apparently offensive. I do think Posie was harsh with India, but again will point out that she was not there to discuss India in the first place, its not about each single transsexual person, and its generally not about transsexual people (especially post op) at all.

I don't class loos as 'safe spaces' either tbh. Loos is just my go to area when discussing these issues because transactivists always drag it back to loos, so its a habit really. Loos is easily solved by chucking money at it, unisex would be fine as long as they are all single contained units like disabled toilets are now. Its changing rooms, refuges and prisons and such where it becomes much trickier, but we are expected to think its perfectly fine to allow any and all males into these female areas, and are bigots if we refuse or bring up potential problems.

As for Bunce, yes he is one person. But thats one woman who did not make the list that should have..all because a bloke who wears a dres 2 days a week is apparently a woman. Again, its not just one example. 2 main ones off the top of my head are the first 'female soldier' on the front line, widely hailed fantastic, but he completed his training as a man and had only started identifying as trans after being caught crossdressing. And when Sharon Maguire should have had an award for the first female director to direct a movie trilogy...the Matrix brothers kicked off. Because they had now decided they were women despite identifying as men while directing the films...so again, a woman has an achievement taken away because of men.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1835...thats-just-one

Yes, 2 men directing films is a crack in the glass ceiling. You couldn't make it up.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 06-10-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:03 PM #119

Male suicide, for example, is one of many examples of real and genuine men's rights issues that I find are dismissed and rejected by self identifying feminists more often than they should be. At the same time, I've never seen a self identifying MRA who doesn't blatantly have deep issues with women and who doesn't have clear and obvious dysfunctions e.g. a lack of social skills. In this day and age I'm a bit suspicious of the motives of anyone who identifies with any of the mainstream movements. I agree with the post on the first page which says these movements need to start again.

On the trans issue I do agree with some of what Posie and Magdalen Berns on YouTube say. I think that women approached pretty close to equal rights in many ways in recent years but it's all rapidly being taken away from them again by, for example, letting men into their prisons. As a gay man I think that trans people should be able to live and love as they desire. But at the end of the day you cannot change biology and you simply cannot change your sex. Designating people born in a female body as being equal in status to men who dress in women's clothes and perhaps take hormones I think is actually kind of insulting to women in the context of their historical fight for rights.

This is a good video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxxBQm114k

Last edited by mxhunter; 06-10-2018 at 09:08 PM.
mxhunter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:13 PM #120
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

An interesting read there, mxhunter.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:43 PM #121
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

@Vicky, what a wonderful post... I see others here have added some interesting material too. I will have to get through your links and think on it a bit... on first read, I do agree with you, it seems like a topic you can keep extrapolating until it is an essay... but actually, if we are quite passionate on a topic, that's to be expected imo. I don't feel like people don't read my posts because of length, so I think post more like this ... even if they scan-read, it's still very informative, and helps laypersons to see the multiple dimensions of an issue...

I think SD is a great platform for that. It does get monotonous when it's simply just "I hate XYZ... "... 3 sentences on why XYZ sucks and most is highly emotional... I like to know why people come to their conclusions... and your post in particular, seem like you are quite intuitive as well in your thought processes. Sometimes we "know" before we know, but looking at the information you presented. I can easily see why you feel so strongly on this issue.

Just in the short, because other people brought it up--on the MRA thing. Unrelated to your posts, but just my thoughts. I know you're probably talking about the more extreme variety. I don't think it is a bad thing there are men's right's activist group in general though. I'm sure the core of the moment is occupied by all sorts of loser-ish folk... just like I feel that way with the women's movement atm ... but there are men who really don't have any other outlet. So they take to things like social media, Twitter, YT and it comes out in a very unhealthy manner... "well you women this and that you did stuff"... all about the yous and the Is... something I purposefully filter out of my posts as needed, because I know they tend to be littered in posts of folk who are very irate and reactionary... and it does automatically send the reader's mood/perception of those opinions as the "you versus them" category...

I don't think this push-back towards men for having any sort of dissenting opinion at all is very healthy. Like in the US, just general people... particularly men, speaking up for issues relating to white-folk and their perception of current issues. They're automatically put into the alt-right bucket in the mainstream, and so to the average folk, is that is their "ear piece" to that side of things... they may not want to have these discussions and may automatically disregard all men on the basis of those topics. That's really not healthy for discourse in a country... and I think that's a large part of why we are where we are at, is this keenness for ignorance on issues of sex-matters.

So instead, we get the loudest of folk who speak for us instead... and let's be honest. Those people really suck at that unofficial job.

Anyway, that is why I liked to hear your view, because it's not in the mainstream... and it's something I would never hear otherwise unless I had asked. I don't think relations between the sexes is as bad as either groups would say... (MRA, Feminists, etc)... but there's decades of rust there that needs to be gotten through first before we can reopen our hearts and minds the proper way... after all, men have been told the issue was resolved and it doesn't required their input, just their compliance. Women on the other hand, do enjoy an upper-hand in the media. It's not very often at all we ever hear about men's issues... particularly with sexual violence and domestic violence. Which unfortunately I know several victims... and we never hear from trans-men either... What is up with that? Is there a stigma that hangs over that that we are unaware of?

And I don't think the media is has enough itself enough proper balance for these issues to be redressed... Anyway, my passions will always be for the children and the disabled... who really do get have it much worse than any group.

But yes, I will have to come back to your post specifically... the group analysis-es you mentioned... because I want to.

As it relates to trans, we have to admit though, that this tension between the biological sexes that has risen is playing out in a bad way for trans-folk... almost like the child *(we'll call them "Taylor")*, in a bad divorce...

"I love Taylor more and I treat them much better than you ever did!"... "But I have Taylor's best interests, and I'll be the one paying for most of it... you spoil them too much!"... etc

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attacking, feminist, india, tells, willoughby, woman, womanhood