Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 08-10-2018, 06:56 PM #251

[QUOTE=Vicky.;10273772]Please don't call me oppressive for pointing out that I think hes just being a prat in this instance then [/QUOTE

As you were putting him down on so many counts, oppressive was the correct term.

Last edited by poppsywoppsy; 08-10-2018 at 06:59 PM.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:01 PM #252
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
[

As you were putting him down on so many counts, oppressive was the correct term.
I was pointing out that the excuses are quite silly. Like, he was NOT sat 'on his own', he was in a room full of people.

Are people being oppressive about Tomasz to point out that hes a gameplayer? Or oppressive about any of the other housemates for pointing out their flaws (and rebutting arguments from their fans)?
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:07 PM #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I was pointing out that the excuses are quite silly. Like, he was NOT sat 'on his own', he was in a room full of people.

Are people being oppressive about Tomasz to point out that hes a gameplayer? Or oppressive about any of the other housemates for pointing out their flaws (and rebutting arguments from their fans)?
They might well be if they comment, conjecture and will only believe what BB feeds them about his actions, over and over again.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:09 PM #254
-

-

Quote:
Ah so basically anxiety is just going to be used to excuse all Lewis' strops. Got it

And I suffer panic attacks myself, as I said earlier in the thread, and have done for years now.
"All" of his behaviours? No... I don't tend to favour housemates at all and just try to assess all of them fairly . For example, I also defended Lewis G plenty, and I can also appreciate where Kay was at emotionally and fully accept that Lewis F was self-centred and inconsiderate in his approach with her. In fact he treated her quite badly and selfishly and should know better given his own struggles. I also found his comments about Cameron to Isabella in the bath in last night's episodes to be patronising and self-serving, and probably hurtful to Cameron if he had heard them. I'm not "stanning" anyone.

However in this case it was fairly evident to me that he was experiencing anxiety, or rather, stressing because he was anticipating anxiety and that was what set him off.

Panic attacks and generalized anxiety are not the same thing... the fact that he wasn't experiencing a panic attack is in no way "proof" that he wasn't experiencing anxiety.

And no it's not the case that mental health struggles "excuse anything and everything" but really, when it comes down to it, his actions weren't intended to harm anyone and in fact did not harm anyone (they didn't even fail the task; and plenty of others incurred fails too).

I guess I sort of see it this way... maybe it was a fake out, maybe not. If it WAS a fake out, then a bit of compassion doesn't cost anyone a thing and mocking / sneering doesn't benefit anyone. If it WASN'T a fake out... a bit of compassion can do a lot to help, and mocking / sneering can end up causing untold damage.

I'm mainly talking about other HM's here of course (Sian), rather than on the forum, as obviously he's unlikely to see or hear the comments made here. When it comes to the forum, it's more that I just find the lack of empathy to be pretty distasteful / not a character trait to be proud of .

Actually, no, that's not even true. It is damaging even if it's just online. Because it confirms what people who suffer from this sort of anxiety already know all to well; that there's a widespread opinion that it's exaggerated, or put on, or not that serious, and is open to scepticism and ridicule.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:11 PM #255

Quote:

Don't you think it is immaterial what we think, second hand, not involved and not there, shouldn't it be how Lewis saw it?
Old 08-10-2018, 07:13 PM #256

Quote:
"All" of his behaviours? No... I don't tend to favour housemates at all and just try to assess all of them fairly . For example, I also defended Lewis G plenty, and I can also appreciate where Kay was at emotionally and fully accept that Lewis F was self-centred and inconsiderate in his approach with her. In fact he treated her quite badly and selfishly and should know better given his own struggles. I also found his comments about Cameron to Isabella in the bath in last night's episodes to be patronising and self-serving, and probably hurtful to Cameron if he had heard them. I'm not "stanning" anyone.

However in this case it was fairly evident to me that he was experiencing anxiety, or rather, stressing because he was anticipating anxiety and that was what set him off.

Panic attacks and generalized anxiety are not the same thing... the fact that he wasn't experiencing a panic attack is in no way "proof" that he wasn't experiencing anxiety.

And no it's not the case that mental health struggles "excuse anything and everything" but really, when it comes down to it, his actions weren't intended to harm anyone and in fact did not harm anyone (they didn't even fail the task; and plenty of others incurred fails too).

I guess I sort of see it this way... maybe it was a fake out, maybe not. If it WAS a fake out, then a bit of compassion doesn't cost anyone a thing and mocking / sneering doesn't benefit anyone. If it WASN'T a fake out... a bit of compassion can do a lot to help, and mocking / sneering can end up causing untold damage.

I'm mainly talking about other HM's here of course (Sian), rather than on the forum, as obviously he's unlikely to see or hear the comments made here. When it comes to the forum, it's more that I just find the lack of empathy to be pretty distasteful / not a character trait to be proud of .

Actually, no, that's not even true. It is damaging even if it's just online. Because it confirms what people who suffer from this sort of anxiety already know all to well; that there's a widespread opinion that it's exaggerated, or put on, or not that serious, and is open to scepticism and ridicule.
Thank you
Old 08-10-2018, 07:19 PM #257
0_o

0_o

Quote:
They might well be if they comment, conjecture and will only believe what BB feeds them about his actions, over and over again.
Again, we can only comment on what we see, not what might have happened in the other 23 hours of the day.
Quote:
Don't you think it is immaterial what we think, second hand, not involved and not there, shouldn't it be how Lewis saw it?
Well of course its immaterial what we think...the housemates are not told our opinions anyway. So, not sure why its so offensive that I think that on this occasion, he was simply stropping

Quote:

Well you seem to have thought through your opinion quite thoroughly. I respectfully disagree and do think it was just a strop over not getting his way.

And its quite well known I have issues with empathy anyway, so maybe thats part of it..who knows.

I also never said that his actions were intended to harm anyone. No more than Nikkis random strops were meant to harm people. And I am not mocking/sneering either. Just stating my opinion on it.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 08-10-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:43 PM #258
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Again, we can only comment on what we see, not what might have happened in the other 23 hours of the day.

Well of course its immaterial what we think...the housemates are not told our opinions anyway. So, not sure why its so offensive that I think that on this occasion, he was simply stropping

Well you seem to have thought through your opinion quite thoroughly. I respectfully disagree and do think it was just a strop over not getting his way.

And its quite well known I have issues with empathy anyway, so maybe thats part of it..who knows.

I also never said that his actions were intended to harm anyone. No more than Nikkis random strops were meant to harm people. And I am not mocking/sneering either. Just stating my opinion on it.
That's the thing that pissed me off about Sian, she didn't have an opinion on it, she didn't say anything direct, she just muttered **** under her breath and mocked him like a silly school girl. The "should we all clap" was what really annoyed me, she really came across immature and cold there.
Dollface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:45 PM #259
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollface View Post
That's the thing that pissed me off about Sian, she didn't have an opinion on it, she didn't say anything direct, she just muttered **** under her breath and mocked him like a silly school girl. The "should we all clap" was what really annoyed me, she really came across immature and cold there.
And this is why shes a crap housemate. I appreciate people causing ****, if they actually cause **** as thats giving us something to watch. But just bitching behind peoples backs, nah. Thats not good to watch, and is also usually pretty pathetic.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 08-10-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
lewis, mocking, sian